One afternoon Sammy's principal called Sam. She said, Sammy taunted Johnny all day today. Johnny is gay. He was wearing his favorite pink shirt. I just found out about this. Can you please try to help Sammy become more tolerant? Sammy's dad was embar

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

It was her 47th birthday. I'm 50 years old, she said. Her husband said no, she wasn't. She was only 47. She was still a young pup. I'm not a young pup, and I'm not a spring chicken, she said. Okay, he said, but you're also not 50. She said 47 might a

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

They decided to knock off her mom. But how would they do it? They didn't have a gun. A knife was too bloody. A baseball bat might work. But all of these were murders. They might go to jail. It had to be an accident. Then they wouldn't go to jail. Wha

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

She went to Central Park to catch dinner. She caught a big frog. She was about to put it into a bag. The frog said, What are you doing? She said, I was planning on cooking and eating you. But since you can talk, maybe I should put you on TV. The frog

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

KF was selling a Family Bucket for only $12. The ads were on TV. Josh went to a KF on Broadway. A big sign in the window said Family Bucket $12eight pieces of chicken, cole slaw, and mashed potatoes. Josh went inside. He ordered the Family Bucket. Th

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Ada was lonely. She wanted a baby. She went to a hospital. She stole a baby. She called her baby Norma. When she got older, Norma asked, Where is my daddy? Ada said that daddy had died. Norma asked, What did daddy look like? Ada showed Norma a pictur

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

A Birthday By Christina G. Rossetti 1830-94 My heart is like a singing bird Whose nest is in a watered shoot My heart is like an apple tree Whose boughs are bent with thickest fruit; My heart is like a

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

From the hell to the heaven, There's no straight way to walk. Sometimes up, sometimes down. Hope creates a heaven for us, Despair makes a hell for us. 地狱天堂路遥遥, 理想捷径无处寻。 起起落落前行路, 一线希望造天堂,

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

From the hell to the heaven, Theres no straight way to walk. Sometimes up, sometimes down. Hope creates a heaven for u Despair makes a hell for us. 地狱天堂路遥遥, 理想捷径无处寻。 起起落落前行路, 一线希望造天堂, 千般

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

The Flea John Donne (1572~1631) Mark but this flea, and mark in this, How little that which thou deniest me is; Me is sucked first, and now sucks thee, And in this flea our two bloods mingled be; Thou

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

William Shakespear (1564~1616) No more be grieved at that thou hast done: Roses have thorns,and silver fountains mud. Clouds and eclipses stain both moon and sun, And loathsome canker lives in swe

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

初相遇 诗/席慕容 美丽的梦和美丽的诗一样 都是可遇而不可求的 常常在最没能料到的时刻里出现 我喜欢那样的梦 在梦里一切都可以重新开始 一切都可以慢慢解释 心里甚至还能感觉到所有被

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Roaming Cloud by Rabindranath Tagore I am like a remnant of a cloud of autumn uselessly roaming in the sky, O my sun ever-glorious! Thy touch has not yet melted my vapor, making me one with thy light, and thus I count months and years separated from

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

枫桥夜泊 张继 月落乌啼霜满天, 江枫渔火对愁眠。 姑苏城外寒山寺, 夜半钟声到客船。 Mooring at Night by the Maple Bridge Zhang Ji Tr. Zhao Yanchun The moon setting, crows cawing, frost overfilling the skies, The ma

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Bob took his new computer home. He was happy to have a new computer. His old computer had had one problem after another. Sometimes Bob thought there was an evil spirit inside it. Sometimes he would be typing in one paragraph, and the letters would ap

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Bob went to another computer repair shop. The technician told him pretty much the same thing. Bob went to Office Stuff and to PaperClips. He saw an HP laptop that he liked. It was on sale at both stores. But it was cheaper at Office Stuff. He went ba

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Bill, Bob, and Ben were talking about their wives. Bill said, My wife is the world's biggest complainer. She complains about everything. If I leave a speck of toothpaste in the bathroom sink, she complains. If I wait too long to take out the trash, s

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Henry had a good job. But he didn't have a girlfriend. Why don't you have a girlfriend? his mother asked. You need a girlfriend, so you can get married and have kids. That way I'll have some grandchildren. Henry said, Do you want me to have a girlfri

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)