Are you going to play this week? I need your $2, said John. Joe said, I think I'll pass this week. John said, Are you sure? This might be our week. I've got a feeling. Joe said, You've had 'a feeling' every week for the last year. They both laughed.

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

How do you do this every day? he asked. Real estate is such a dog eat dog business. All of you agents are competing with one another. A client is like a bone. All the dogs go after the bone. If they have to bite other dogs, so be it. The bone is all

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

At 4:05 p.m., Lonny checked the news. Linked-In had closed at $94. I can't believe it! We doubled our money! We bought the right stock at the right time! he exclaimed to his wife. They hugged and kissed. They went to a fancy steak house and celebrate

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Tony was in line for the elevator at Macy's. Two men walked up. They went to the front of the line. They were very tall and very big. They looked like father and son. A Macy's employee spoke up. Sir, he said, you have to go to the back of the line. Y

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

It was 10:55 a.m. Nick was standing on Fifth Avenue. He was outside the library with about 50 others. At 11 a.m., the library doors opened. Once past the first door, people formed into a loose double line. A woman was to Nick's right. All of a sudden

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Paige was bicycling by the United Nations building. About 100 people were standing outside in the hot sun. They were holding signs that said, Free the people of Wadiya and Down with Aladeen. Paige did not recognize the names. She had never heard of W

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Ben and Randy were in Central Park. Ben said, I just bought a new bike. I'm going to ride around Manhattan this summer. Randy said, I bought an 18-speed bike a year ago myself. I rode it almost every day last summer after work. You're going to enjoy

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

席慕容--双语诗歌 前缘 Predestination A poem by Xi Murong 诗/席慕容 Should man really be reincarnated, 人若真能转世 Had the samsara of life truly occurred. 世间若真有轮回 So my love, what in prior lives could we have been? 那麽

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Life --- By Allan Houston Life can be good, Life can be bad, Life is mostly cheerful, But sometimes sad. Life can be dreams, Life can be great thoughts; Life can mean a person, Sitting in court. Life can be dirty, Life can even be painful; But life i

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小短文

White Christmas I'm dreaming of a white Christmas. Just like the ones I used to know. Where the treetops glisten and children listen To hear sleigh bells in the snow. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas With every Christmas card I write. May your days

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

He was watching TV. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw something. It was a shadow. It seemed to be on the floor. He turned his head to get a better look. Whatever it was, it wasn't there anymore. Over the next few months, he saw the shadow several

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Maury said, A 33-year-old Brooklyn woman has been eating pizza since she was two years old. Diane asked, What's so unusual about that? Everyone loves pizza. I've been eating pizza for almost 25 years myself. Maury asked, Do you eat anything else? Dia

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

He was watching a TV talk show. The talk show host introduced a guest. The two men warmly hugged each other. Vance asked his wife, Since when did men start doing that? She asked, Doing what? He said, Hugging. Since when did men start hugging each oth

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

My son, the polar bear, Dad said. Every New Year's Day, you and a thousand other Coney Island loonies jump into the freezing ocean. How stupid is that? Nick said, It's not stupid, Dad. It's fun, it's free, and it's healthy. And we do it every Sunday

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

She said, I might get a job offer in Beijing. It pays really well. But I'll have to be there for five years. What do you want to dogo there with me, or stay here in Manhattan? Her husband said, Oh, I'll definitely stay here. Five years of that pollut

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Robin did not buy Google when it went public. He had $20,000 in savings. But he was afraid. He didn't want to risk all his savings. Google's stock price almost tripled in the first year. Robin's $20,000 investment would have been worth almost $60,000

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

The doctor said, You have high cholesterol. You are pre-diabetic. We don't want you to become diabetic. Start drinking black coffee. Eat brown rice instead of white rice. Eat less meat and more fish. Knock off all desserts. Eat more vegetables and fr

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Luke entered the classroom. He saw one empty desk. It was the last desk in the far row next to the wall. He walked over to it and sat down. An old man was sitting in front of him. The teacher started talking. Luke started taking notes. The old man mo

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Bob had had plenty of problems with his old computer. He said he'd buy the insurance. You probably want us to make recovery disks, too, said Joe. If anything goes wrong, you'll need them to restart your computer. The insurance doesn't include the dis

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Ivan was standing at the drugstore counter. Something struck his leg. It was one of the store's small plastic carts. It was empty. Someone had pushed it toward the counter. He was walking downstairs into the subway station. Three teenage girls were w

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)