地道美语听力播客English as a Second Language Podcast (ESLPod),是一家位于美国加州洛杉矶的英语教育研究机构推出的英文听力会话,于2005年7月23日首播, 主播Dr. Jeff McQuillan为南加州大学的语言学博士

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

I went to the dentist to get a check-up and cleaning. I showed up at the dentist's office a few minutes before 10. I gave the receptionist my name and told her that I had a 10 a.m. appointment. She said that the doctor was running a little late and t

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

This is a special version of our podcast. There's no script for the podcast, because it is an unscripted interview by Dr. Lucy Tse with the host, Jeff McQuillan. Here are the questions that she asks: - Why did you decide to start ESL Podcast? - How d

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

I can't believe I made it into San Francisco, at long last! This morning, I went to the airport to catch my 10 a.m. flight. I got there early to go through security. The folks at the TSA can really slow things down sometimes. Since I had an electroni

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

lesson/ddmybkMy interview is today. It is with a marketing company. It is a large corporation with its headquarters in San Francisco, CA. It also has satellite offices across the U.S. and in Europe. I'm not sure if this would be the right fit for me,

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Dear Jake, I wanted to thank you for all of the help you've given me over the past several weeks. Being laid up with pneumonia really caught me off-guard, but you went above and beyond in taking care of me. Before I got sick, we had only known each o

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Student: I wonder if I could ask you some questions about our paper, professor. Do you want us to cite our sources in the footnotes? Professor: You should use endnotes for longer explanations. Otherwise, just follow the style sheet I passed out for c

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

I had to fly from Minneapolis to Los Angeles recently, and like most travelers, I've almost memorized the standard safety announcement made by the flight attendants. It goes something like this: Good afternoon and welcome to Flight 345, service to Lo

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

I decided to switch banks recently, and after looking at my options, I went for Mar Vista National Bank. I drove over to the bank, parked next to the drive-through teller lanes, and walked inside. I made my way to the new accounts desk, and was greet

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Man: Hi, it's a bit crowded in here. Woman: Yes, it's always like this on the first night of the conference. Is this your first time attending? Man: Yes, it is. By the way, I'm Dan Morimoto. Woman: I'm Gwen Renault. Were you here this morning for the

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Judy: I've called this meeting so we can brainstorm some fundraising ideas. As you know, we're in danger of closing. Any thoughts? Stan: I thought that Juan was working on getting donors. Judy: He is, but we can't count on that coming through. Domini

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

I'm one of those people who doesn't have much of a fashion sense. I mean, I know that you shouldn't wear a pink shirt with green pants, but beyond that I'm pretty much a basket case when it comes to picking my wardrobe. I have plenty of short- sleeve

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

I'm going to a conference this weekend back in my home state of Minnesota. I am going there to address a convention full of librarians, believe it or not. For me, the worst part of going on the road for business is not the traveling; it's all the pre

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

My nephew's wedding is coming up this Saturday, and I thought it would be nice to take some candids for the happy couple. My wife, who's the photographer in the family, wasn't around today, so I decided to strike out on my own and head off to the cam

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

One of my co-workers, Betty, was retiring this month after working for the company 23 years. I was put in charge of planning a retirement lunch in her honor at a restaurant nearby. The company was picking up the tab and it was up to me to set a day a

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

I was at the store the other day. I'm so glad that the hotel I booked didn't turn out to be a dump. The last time I went on vacation, I booked it online sight unseen, and it turned out to be a run down hotel. This hotel was completely different. The

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

I was just in time for my interview and I was very nervous. I walked up to the receptionist. She was talking into a headset and typing on her keyboard. David: Good morning. I'm David Laso. I have an appointment with Dale Mendoza at 10 oclock. Could y

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Abby: Hey, what are you listening to? Bill: Right now I'm listening to the Foo Fighters latest album. There are some really good tracks on this CD, including their new single. Abby: Let me see your iPod for a minute. It looks like you've got a ton of

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Phillip: So, have you heard the news? Mary: No, what's up? Phillip: I just heard that the company is planning to lay off 20 percent of the employees in the next two months. Mary: You're kidding! I knew they were looking for some way to cut costs with

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Lucy: Hey Jeff, have you met my friend? Jeff: No, I don't think I have. Lucy: Well, this is my oldest and best friend, Marlene. She's visiting from out of town. Jeff: Hi, I'm Jeff. Marlene: Hi, it's nice meeting you. Jeff: How long do you plan to be

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客