I walked into the coffee room and saw that Brad was writing something on a piece of paper. When he saw me come in, he slipped the note out of sight. Trisha: Hey, what's up? Brad: Oh, nothing. Trisha: What were you writing? Brad: (Laugh) All right. Yo

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

地道美语听力播客English as a Second Language Podcast (ESLPod),是一家位于美国加州洛杉矶的英语教育研究机构推出的英文听力会话,于2005年7月23日首播, 主播Dr. Jeff McQuillan为南加州大学的语言学博士

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

地道美语听力播客English as a Second Language Podcast (ESLPod),是一家位于美国加州洛杉矶的英语教育研究机构推出的英文听力会话,于2005年7月23日首播, 主播Dr. Jeff McQuillan为南加州大学的语言学博士

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

I was getting into my car at the mall when I noticed a man standing nearby with a map. He looked confused and I asked him if I could help. He looked up and was clearly relieved. He was from Houston, Texas, he told me, and he was visiting his daughter

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

A bunch of my old college friends came into town for a few days and we went out last night bar hopping until closing time. We started around 9 p.m. and were on our third bar when we closed it down. Some of us were starving and the rest of us were pec

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

My friends and I decided to take a trip to Yosemite National Park to do some camping and hiking. We all like the outdoors, but we all live in the city. We have all been griping about feeling cooped up so we decided to take a road trip. This trip woul

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

The local branch of my bank is located just a few blocks from where I live. It's very convenient, since it has four ATMs open 24/7. Today I had to go in to make a deposit, but since I wanted to cash a check as well, I needed to go inside to talk to a

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

(The phone rings.) Lucy: Hello. Jeff: Hey Lucy, it's Jeff. Lucy: Hey, welcome back. How was your vacation? Jeff: Oh, it was great. The seven days in New York was a blast. Lucy: Oh, yeah? Did you do any sightseeing or just visit with friends? Jeff: I

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Jeff: You're not going to believe what happened? Lucy: Oh, is the big meeting over? What happened? Jeff: Dan tried to take credit for our idea for the new campaign. Lucy: You're kidding me! I thought he might try to pull something like this, but I di

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Every year, I tell myself that I won't procrastinate in doing my holiday shopping. And, every year, I end up with a shopping list as long as your arm and about 24 hours to get it all done. Waiting until the last minute means that I have to brave the

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

[A knock on the door.] Jeff: Come in. Julie: Hi, Dr. McQuillan, I'm Julie Taylor. I'm in your 2 oclock class on Thursdays. Jeff: Hi, Julie. Have a seat. What can I do for you? Julie: I wanted to come see you during your office hours because I missed

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

I'm the first to admit that I'm hooked on reading magazines. I've been this way as long as I can remember. I love picking up magazines about different topics. Currently, I subscribe to about six or seven magazines, although when I was getting profess

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

I visit my hometown about once a year. This year, I was in town for about five days and there was a family get-together. It wasn't a family reunion since it was just my immediate family, but still, there were a total of about 45 people who showed up

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

I was staying at a nice resort hotel in Arizona on a short vacation. I had been out on the golf course playing a round of golf. When I got back into the room, I was feeling pretty hungry. I was meeting some friends for a late dinner around 8:30. I wa

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

I was on my way to an interview and there was a lot of traffic on the road. I got to the office in the nick of time for my appointment. I walked into the lobby of the building and looked at the directory. I saw that Casey Enterprises was on the penth

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

When I got home from work, I opened my mail. The letter turned out to be a bombshell. I held in my hand an invitation to my 10- year high school reunion. It was a shock because I couldn't believe it had been 10 years. The first thing I did was to cal

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

I flew into Atlanta the afternoon before a big meeting. I hailed a taxi at the airport and told the driver the name of the hotel. I asked him how long it would take to get there. He said it would only be 20 minutes. I sat back and relaxed. We got to

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

I got an invitation in the mail last month that really surprised me. My friend Ulrich was getting married! We went to college together and he always said that hed never get married. I guess he found his dream girl in the end. The church wedding was g

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

I needed to schedule a meeting for the three departments involved in a new project. I called each one to find a date that would work for all three of us. Bruno: So, Nicola, would the day after tomorrow work for you? Nicola: No, I'll be out of the off

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

It's true that I don't like shopping. When I want to buy something, I do it online. I like buying on the Internet because I can easily do some comparison shopping and find the best price. It's easy, too. Last week I wanted to buy some new headphones.

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客