I had lunch today with my friend Sam. She recently quit her job with a large company to strike out on her own. She has always been an entrepreneur in small ways, but she decided to start her own business. The start- up she launched provided technolog

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

地道美语听力播客English as a Second Language Podcast (ESLPod),是一家位于美国加州洛杉矶的英语教育研究机构推出的英文听力会话,于2005年7月23日首播, 主播Dr. Jeff McQuillan为南加州大学的语言学博士

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Going to the doctor is never particularly pleasant for me. But I couldn't put it off any longer. It was time for my annual physical, and there was no getting around it. So I picked up the phone and called for an appointment. I'd like to see Dr. Shimo

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Woman: Hi, long time no see. How have you been? Man: Oh, I've been fine, but I'm having some trouble with my son. Woman: Tell me all about it. Man: Oh, he's 14 and in the past few months, he's become quieter and a bit secretive. He locks himself in h

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

I really wanted to see the new exhibit at the art museum and invited Lucy to come along. We both like contemporary art and this was an exhibition for an artist that we've both liked, ever since she was an up and coming artist 10 years ago. This was a

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Jeff: So, does that sound okay with you? Lucy: What? Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't hear what you said. Jeff: You seem preoccupied today. What's up? Lucy: Oh, it's this guy I know from this class I'm taking. His name is Richard. I think I've mentioned him b

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

It was Saturday afternoon and I was shopping in the garment district in downtown L.A. If you want to find good deals on clothes, shoes, and accessories, this is the place to come. To get the best deal, though, you have to be ready to bargain. I walke

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Lucy: I don't think this is going to work. This plan calls for the new office to open by July and I think that's too ambitious. I don't see how the groundwork can be done any earlier than September. Jeff: I understand your concern. I don't want to ru

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(213) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

One of my co-workers, Betty, was I broke up with my boyfriend last month. We had gone out for a year and I was ready to settle down. But, I could tell that he still wanted to play the field before getting married. I don't think Don ever cheated on me

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Woman: What do you want to do tonight? Man: I don't know. What do you want to do? W: I have no idea. Do you think we're in a rut? M: What do you mean? W: Well, we do the same things every weekend. We go to the same restaurants. We see the same friend

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

I got a call yesterday from Amy, a co-worker from the office. She and I work in the same department. We've had lunch at work a few times but I really didn't know her that well. I was really glad she called. Kevin: Hello. Amy: Hi, could I speak to Kev

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

I got a call yesterday from Amy, a co-worker from the office. She and I work in the same department. We've had lunch at work a few times but I really didn't know her that well. I was really glad she called. Kevin: Jeff: What were you and Richard talk

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Sam: Hi, is this where I can get information on tours? Nan: Yes, I can help you with that. What type of tour are you thinking about? There are some great city tours that are half-day or full-day. Sam: You know, we've explored the city a lot since we'

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

When I was little, we had a family pet. His name was Jupiter and he was a kitten. I wanted a cat more than anything else and finally, my parents gave in and said that we could have one. We went to the pound and saw dozens of cats of different breeds.

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Marco: Hello. Claudia: Hey, Marco? It's Claudia. Got a minute? Marco: Sure. What's up? Claudia: I'm just wondering what's going on with you and Beth. Are you guys still going out? Marco: We went out for a while, but we never got serious. Why all the

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

David: Hey, Sally. Can I run something by you? Sally: Sure, what's up? David: Well, a friend of a friend wanted some help with her taxes and we agreed that we would talk about it over dinner. At the end of the night, when the check came, she expected

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

My friend Sabrina and I decided to go out dancing last weekend. We went to a club called the Fine Line and when we got there, there was long line outside. That's one thing I hate about L.A. clubs. The hottest ones have long lines and it's hard to get

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

I have been trying to get a meeting with the CEO of Medofact to talk about a partnership between our company and theirs. But I've had a hard time trying to get through on the phone. First, there was the phone tree. I had to go through three menus bef

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Shawn: What's the matter? You look like you're about to blow your lid. Rick: Yeah, let's just say I'm not happy. Shawn: That's putting it lightly. What's up? Rick: My friend Steve was supposed to come by here after work to give me a ride home. I lent

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Edmundo: What are you doing? Ruth: Oh, I'm packing. My lease is up at the end of the month and I'm moving to Vancouver for six months while my boyfriend is finishing his degree at the university. Edmundo: Oh, wow, are you moving yourself or are you u

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客