发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 乐宁外教口语天天练

研究报告:人类少吃肉对环境有好处 A new study says one of the best ways to curb greenhouse gas emissions is to eat less meat. In fact, the study says meat consumption in the developed should be cut by 50 percent per person by 2050. 一份

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(196) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2012年4月

Why Is Gravity Good For Us? When astronauts return from long missions in space, their exit from the spacecraft is usually hidden from public view. This is because after several months in weightless conditions, things we usually take for granted, such

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

In side-by-side plots of strawberries grown organically or conventionally, the organic berries had more vitamin C and the soil was more biologically active. Molly Webster reports 通过对用有机方式培育的草莓和用传统方式培育的草莓进

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

For most, chocolate is a guilty pleasure, may better, because it's so bad for you. Now, though, an extensive study has discovered that eating chocolate can be very good for your health. They can substantially reduce your risk of having a heart attack

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2010年

I am nearly finished. I have one last hope for you, which is something that I already had at 21. The friends with whom I sat on graduation day have been my friends for life. They are my children's godparents, the people to whom I've been able to turn

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

That is an astonishing statement and yet proven a thousand times every day of our lives. It expresses, in part, our inescapable connection with the outside world, the fact that we touch other people's lives simply by existing. 那是一个惊人的论断

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

Unlike any other creature on this planet, human beings can learn and understand, without having experienced. They can think themselves into other people's places. 与这个星球上任何其他的动物不同,人类可以学习和理解未曾经历过

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

As long as I live I shall remember walking along an empty corridor and suddenly hearing, from behind a closed door, a scream of pain and horror such as I have never heard since. The door opened, and the researcher poked out her head and told me to ru

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

One of the greatest formative experiences of my life preceded Harry Potter, though it informed much of what I subsequently wrote in those books. This revelation came in the form of one of my earliest day jobs. Though I was sloping off to write storei

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

The knowledge that you have emerged wiser and stronger from setbacks means that you are, ever after, secure in your ability to survive. You will never truly know yourself, or the strength of your relationships, until both have been tested by adversit

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

Now, I am not going to stand here and tell you that failure is fun. That period of my life was a dark one, and I had no idea that there was going to be what the press has since represented as a kind of fairy tale resolution. I had no idea then how fa

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

What I feared most for myself at your age was not poverty, but failure. 像你们这么大时我最害怕的不是贫穷,而是失败。 At your age, in spite of a distinct lack of motivation at university, where I had spent far too long in the cof

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

President Faust, members of the Harvard Corporation and the Board of Overseers, members of the faculty, proud parents, and, above all, graduates: 尊敬的福斯特校长,哈佛集团的各位成员,监督理事会的各位理事,各位老师,各

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

52.arrange for sb./sth. to do sth. 安排…做… 53.arrive on 到达; arrive at 到达某地(小地方);得出,作出; arrive in 到达某地(大地方); 54.be ashamed of (=feel shame, guilt or sorro

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

讲解文本: make no bones about 直率,毫不犹豫,直言不讳 I think you should make no bones about your idea. 我觉得你有想法就应该直率的说出来。 I make no bones about it. I want the promotion. 我可以直言不讳的说,

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 愉悦口语

The benefits of volunteering, 志愿者的好处 Helps You Make New Friends 帮你结交新朋友 Maybe not so surprising, but what might surprise you, is how genuine these friends are. Some of my long term friends are people I've met through volunte

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: During meditation, brain-scans see increased activity in regions directly correlated with decreased anxiety and depression, along with increased pain tolerance. 在静坐的过程中,透过脑部

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: Water is essential for life, food sources, and transport, so many cities have been built along coastlines and river banks. However, these benefits also come with risks because natural forces that

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

Adrienne: So, Lisa, what is that you're drinking? Lisa: Oolong tea. Iced oolong tea. Adrienne: Is it your favorite drink? Lisa: It's not really my favorite drink. My favorite drink is Diet Coke. I love Diet Coke, but a couple of years ago, I was drin

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂