Unit 14 Look at the time. 瞧瞧时间。 与朋友闲聊时,若对方是个windbag(饶舌之人)或chatterbox(喋喋不休之人),说 话冗长繁复又毫无内容,此时想要脱身或暗示对方请离去,则可委婉地使用本句。 A:

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(226) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄社交英语通

【俚语】 break a leg祝你好运 【例句】 Generally, it is considered bad luck to wish someone good luck in a theater, theexpression Break a Leg replaces the phrase Good luck. 一般来说,把在剧院祝愿某人好运看做不吉利,用断

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 英语音标发音视频

(Note 3: Professor Kettleburn survived no fewer than sixty-two periods of probation during his employment as Care of Magical Creatures teacher. (注释三:凯特尔伯恩教授在担任神奇动物保护课期间至少经历了62个课时的试用期

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 诗翁彼豆故事集

These are businesses that never adapted. They cross their fingers that this internet thing would be a fad and kept selling the exact same products that Amazon is great for. 这些企业永远不懂得变通。他们期盼着这种网络购物只是一时

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

迷你对话: A:What do you think of his behaviour yesterday? 你怎么看他昨天的行为? B:He's a sad dog. He came to the wedding in jeans! 他是个粗野的人,竟穿牛仔裤参加婚礼。 A:I don't think so. He only had no common sens

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

核心句型: Keep your fingers crossed. 祝你好运! Keep your fingers crossed.直译过来就是:使你的手指保持交叉的状态,因为手指交叉会形成X形,与十字架的形状特别相像。美国人信奉基督教,十字架是

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松日记商务职场篇

Man In The Mirror 镜中人 michael jackson I'm Gonna Make A Change, 在我的生命中, For Once In My Life 我将作一次改变 It's Gonna Feel Real Good, 多么美好的感觉, Gonna Make A Difference 我想带来变化 Gonna Make It Right .

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 电影英文歌曲

李华和Larry正在看世界杯足球赛。今天我们要学两个常用语:a long shot和to catch a break LH: Larry, 世界杯终于开始了! 你觉得谁会得冠军?美国队有戏没有? Larry: I don't think so, Lihua. The U.S. usually d

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

The man who attracts luck carries with him the magnet of preparation. 吸引好运的人,总是在时刻准备着。(Clifton Fadiman) 图片1

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 Daily English-2015.12

There was a piece of white paper folded on my seat. 一张折叠起来的白纸放在我的座位上。 I got in and closed the door before I unfolded it. 我坐进去,关上门,然后打开了它。 Two words were written in his elegant script. 是

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

Why It's Wonderful To Make Friends WithPeople Who Enjoy Being Alone 和独处之人做朋友 They won't be needy. 他们不会需要精神支持。 Everyone has that friend that constantly wants your attention or affection. 每个人都有不断地想要

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

Why It's Wonderful To Make Friends With People Who Enjoy Being Alone 和独处之人做朋友 They value privacy. 他们看重隐私。 People who enjoy being alone tend to be very private people. 享受独处的人往往是非常注重隐私的人。

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

They say that Bruce Lee was the father of mixed martial arts.That bothers me. 他们把李小龙称作综合搏击之父,这让我大为光火。 If he's the father of mixed martial arts I'm the grandfather of mixed martial arts. 如果他是综合搏

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 名人传记

Iron-man, Thor, Hulk, Captain America and Spiderman. Marvels superheroes are also adding to the Summer fun in the capital. The comic-book company is opening a themed camp this Summer, offering the chance for young fans to become their idolised superh

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2013年07月

Talk about Luck 好运跟着保险来 For the last time, I don't want any insurance ! said the harassed householder to the salesman 这是最后一次了,我不要买任何保险!被骚扰的房主对推销员说道。 Just a moment, sir. Please co

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 经典双语笑话

The old sayings no man is an island and there's strength in numbers may sound corny, but that doesn't make them any less true. 没有人是与世隔绝的孤岛和人多力量大 这两句俗语可能听起来毫无新意,但这丝毫不能影响到它

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

2014年6月英语六级写作精彩谚语 在英语六级作文里,适当地用一些谚语,能起到不错的点睛功效。 1. It is good to learn at another mans cost. 前车之鉴。 2. The specter sees most clearly. 旁观者清。 3. Preven

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级写作指导

要友善,你一定要给人友好的感觉:快乐是友善的基础。一个快乐的人总会面带微笑。微笑好似有吸引力的磁铁,你对别人微笑,你也会得到他微笑的回报。无论在哪里,友善之人都会让陌生

发表于:2019-03-01 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

本期内容: Bad luck often brings good luck. 塞翁失马,安知非福。 首先,我们来看一个单词 Luck L-U-C-K 是运气的意思 Good luck 好运 Bad luck 坏运 Good luck也是人们常用的口头表达,当人们在做一件重要的

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 口语侠每日早读

Man In The Mirror 镜中人 michael jackson I'm Gonna Make A Change, 在我的生命中, For Once In My Life 我将作一次改变 It's Gonna Feel Real Good, 多么美好的感觉, Gonna Make A Difference 我想带来变化 Gonna Make It Right .

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(199) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲