My dear Reynolds,- Ever since I wrote to my Brothers form Southhampton I have been in a taking, and at this moment I am about to become settled, for I have unpacked my books, put them into a snug corner - pinned up Haydon - Mary Queen Scotts, and Mil

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 济慈诗歌和书信选(英文版)

Bright Star! Would I Were Steadfast as Thou Art BRIGHT star! would I were steadfast as thou art Not in lone splendour hung aloft the night, And watching, with eternal lids apart, Like Natures patient sleepless Eremite, The moving waters at their prie

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 济慈诗歌和书信选(英文版)

On Sitting down to Read King Lear Once Again golden-tongued Romance with serene lute! Fair plumed Syren! Queen of far away! Leave melodizing on this wintry day, Shut up thine olden pages, and be mute: Adieu! for once again the fierce dispute, Betwixt

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 济慈诗歌和书信选(英文版)

To Fanny Brawne, August 1820 My dearest Girl; I wish you could invent some means to make me at all happy without you. Every hour I am more concentrated in you; every thing else tastes like chaff in my Mouth. I feel it almost impossible to go to Italy

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 济慈诗歌和书信选(英文版)

To Percy Bysshe Shelley, 16 August 1820 My dear Shelley, I am very much gratified that you, in a foreign country, and with a mind almost over-occupied, should write to me in the strain of the letter beside me. If I do not take advantage of your invit

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 济慈诗歌和书信选(英文版)

To Charles Brown, 30th November 1820 My dear Brown; It is the most difficult thing in the world to me to write a letter. My stomach continues so bad, that I feel it worse on opening any book,--yet I am much better than I was in Quarantine. Then I am

To Fanny Keats, 2nd July, 1818. Dumfries My dear Fanny; I intended to have written to you from Kirkudbright the town I shall be in tomorrowbut I will write now because my knapsack has worn my coat in the Seams, my coat has gone to the Taylors and I h

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 济慈诗歌和书信选(英文版)

To George and Georgiana Keats, Friday 19th March 1819 (Cont.): I have been reading lately two very different books I have been reading lately two very different books Robertsons America and Voltaires Siecle De Louis XIV. It is like walking arm and ar

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 济慈诗歌和书信选(英文版)

Las Belle Dame Sans Merci O WHAT can ail thee, knight-at-arms, Alone and palely loitering? The sedge is witherd from the lake, And no birds sing. O what can ail thee, knight-at-arms, So haggard and so woe-begone? The squirrels granary is full, And th

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 济慈诗歌和书信选(英文版)

A Casement High and Triple-Archd There Was A casement high and triple-archd there was, All garlanded with carven imagries Of fruits, and flowers, and bunches of knot-grass, And diamonded with panes of quaint device, Innumerable of stains and splendid

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 济慈诗歌和书信选(英文版)

To George and Georgiana Keats, 16th December 1818, 2-4 January 1819 My dear brother and sister; You will be prepared, before this reaches you for the worst news you could have, nay if Haslams letter arrives in proper time, I have a consolation in thi

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 济慈诗歌和书信选(英文版)

To George and Georgiana Keats, 14th October 1818 My dear George; I am grieved to say that I am not sorry you had not letters at Philadelphia; you could have had no good news of Tom and I have been withheld on his account from beginning these many day

To J. H. Reynolds, 21st September, 1819. Winchester My dear Reynolds; I was very glad to hear from Woodhouse that you would meet in the Country. I hope you will pass some pleasant time together. I am surprised myself at he pleasure I live alone in. T

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 济慈诗歌和书信选(英文版)

To Fanny Keats, 20th December 1819 Wentworth Place My dear Fanny; When I saw you last, you asked me whether you should see me again before ChristmasYou would have seen me if I had been quite well. I have not, though not unwell enough to have prevente

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(136) / 评论(0) 分类 济慈诗歌和书信选(英文版)

To Fanny Brawne, February 1820 My dearest girl; According to all appearances I am to be separated from you as much as possible. How I shall be able to bear it, or whether it will not be worse than your presence now and then, I cannot tell. I must be

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(146) / 评论(0) 分类 济慈诗歌和书信选(英文版)

To Fanny Brawne, May 1820 Wednesday morning My Dearest Girl, I have been a walk this morning with a book in my hand, but as usual I have been occupied with nothing but you: I wish I could say in an agreeable manner. I am tormented day and night. They

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(133) / 评论(0) 分类 济慈诗歌和书信选(英文版)

To Fanny Keats, 5 July 1820 Wednesday My dear Fanny; I have had no return of the spitting of blood, and for two or three days have been getting a little stronger. I have no hopes of an entire reestablishment of my health under some months of patience

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(139) / 评论(0) 分类 济慈诗歌和书信选(英文版)

(1)贵函 Your letter; Your favour; your esteemed letter; Your esteemed favour; Your valued letter; Your valued favour; Your note; Your communication; Your greatly esteemed letter; Your very friend

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

To Benjamin Bailey, 10th June 1818 My dear Bailey; I was in hopes some little time back to be able to relieve your dullness by my spiritsto point out things in the world worth your enjoymentand now I am never alone without rejoicing that there is suc

发表于:2019-03-16 / 阅读(276) / 评论(0) 分类 济慈诗歌和书信选(英文版)

To Benjamin Bailey, 22 November 1817 My dear Bailey, I will get over the first part of this (unsaid) Letter as soon as possible for it relates to the affair of poor Crips - To a Man of your nature such a Letter as Haydon's must have been extremely cu

发表于:2019-03-16 / 阅读(355) / 评论(0) 分类 济慈诗歌和书信选(英文版)