Everybody loves World Sleep Day. This day was first held in 2008 by the World Association of Sleep Medicine (WASM). Its aim is to advance the health benefits of sleep worldwide. WASM wants to promote and encourage education and research into sleep, a

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

About 50 percent of American teenagers are not getting the sleep they need during the school year, according to a poll by the National Sleep Foundation. Experts say that teens are biologically programmed to go to sleep later and get up later than oth

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(九)月

Sleep Why is it so difficult to fall asleep when you are overtired? There is no one answer that applied to every individual. It is possible to feel tired physically and still be unable to fall asleep, because while your bocdy may be exhausted, you do

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语专业四级听力50篇

Don: Some people seem to need significantly less sleep than others. Yael: Tell me about it. I have a friend who swears that she sleeps only five hours a night. If she's telling the truth, then she must be bionic. She seems to have plenty of energy, a

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Transcript: Host: At exam time it is important to sleep well. Today we have Doctor Baker with us in the studio and he is going to give us five top tips for getting a good nights sleep. Welcome to the show, Doctor Baker. Dr Baker: Thank you. Its great

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 一起闲话英语-English Chitchat

They drove to the park. They got in line. Many cars were in front of them. They should have gotten up earlier. We should have gotten up earlier, said Mom. I know, said Dad. We should not have slept in. I know, said Mom. But sometimes it's nice to sle

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第1级听力-English Level 1

Hana: So, how much do you sleep? Daniel: Well I think I sleep a lot, usually at least 8 hours I think that's, that's the usual for me. How about you? Hana: Oh really, about 6 hours I guess, if I have 6 hours that's enough. Daniel: 6 hours, is that en

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

Jim and Alicia had two dogs Bugs and Bunny. They were both 15 years old. Bunny was dying. Bugs was still healthy. They were brother and sister, and had been together since birth. They had never been separated for longer than a couple of hours. Jim an

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

To Sleep O SOFT embalmer of the still midnight! Shutting with careful fingers and benign Our gloom-pleased eyes, embower'd from the light, Enshaded in forgetfulness divine; O soothest Sleep! if so it please thee, close, In midst of this thine hymn, m

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 济慈诗歌和书信选(英文版)

So you awoke this morning in a miserable mood. Well, maybe your special dream character didn't put in an appearance last night, or maybe there just weren't enough people drifting through your dreams. If that sounds like far-fetched fantasy, consider

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

孤枕难眠 I Don't Like To Sleep Alone I Don't Like To Sleep Alone I don*t like to sleep alone. Stay with me; don*t go. Talk with me for just a while. So much of you to get to know. Reaching out, touching you, leaving all the worries far behind, lo

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 99首适合练习听力的英文歌

VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Barbara Klein with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Do you dream? Do you create pictures and stories in your mind as you sleep? Today, we are going to explore dreaming. People have had ideas about t

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(五)月

Health Report - Why Sleep Apnea Raises Risk of Stroke, Heart Attack This is the VOA Special English Health Report. (SOUND) Loud snoring can be a problem -- and not just for other people trying to sleep with the noise. It can also be a sign of sleep a

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Lesson 29 Sleep 1.Good night and sleep well. 2.Let me sleep on it. 3.I couldn't sleep a wink the whole night. 4.I slept like a log last night. 5.I sleep in only on Saturday morning. 6.You can't sleep out. 7.Are you going to sleep round the clock? 8.D

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛口语提高版

DAVID GREENE, HOST: If you have trouble sleeping, well, join the club. And we all might be interested in a new study that suggests people with insomnia might find relief in a mobile phone app. There are many sleep apps out there, but as NPR's Rhitu C

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

Voice 1 Thank you for joining us for todays Spotlight. Im Liz Waid. Voice 2 And Im Joshua Leo. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 Mike is a te

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

HEALTH REPORT - Lack of Sleep Linked to Weight Gain By Cynthia Kirk Broadcast: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 I'm Gwen Outen with the VOA Special English Health Report. There are new findings that not e

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与经济

Sound During Sleep Fixes Learning A study in the journal Science found that sleeping after learning consolidated the acquisition of the new information, especially if sound cues related to the info were played to the sleeper. Karen Hopkin reports The

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

Wait a second let me catch my breath等等,让我喘口气 Remind me how it feels to hear your voice这让我想起听到你声音的感觉 Your lips are movin'. I can't hear a thing你的嘴唇在动 可我却听不到任何声音 Livin' life as i

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

这首where did you sleep last night讲诉的是一个女孩在夜晚回家的路上被人杀害,第二天人们在树林里发找到了她。歌曲的叙诉几乎是战栗的,灵魂中的愤怒和痛恨在每一句歌词和每一声弦音中是那

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(1539) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲