THE MAKING OF A NATION - August 1, 2002: Election of 1952 / Dwight Eisenhower By Jeri Watson VOICE 1: This is Doug Johnson. VOICE 2: And this is Phil Murray with THE MAKING OF A NATION, a VOA Special

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(253) / 评论(0) 分类 The Making of a Nation

11.But What's a Dictionary For? Bergen Evans The storm of abuse in the popular press that greeted the appearance of Webster's Third New International Dictionary is a curious phenomenon. Never has a scholarly work of this stature been attacked with su

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(204) / 评论(0) 分类 高级英语 上

初级公司英语会话Lession3:设备采购 Listen to the dialogue between HaiSports Buyer (HB) and Supplier(s) HB: we need to be receiving deliveries by mid-April realistically. S: if you place an order with us this week, then we can get started. HB: Well ou

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 初级公司英语会话

Life is actually a constant exercise in persuasion, wouldnt you say? What I mean is we dont just need to persuade people in the meeting room; actually, we are constantly using the tools of persuasion across a wide variety of situations ranging from s

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 商务英语社交课

本期生词: fare:A transportation charge, as for a bus 本期难点: run ultra :ultra有个意思就是极端的,extreme. 有一种运动叫做ultra-running,更具体点,叫做ultramarat

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

A second explosion has occurred at the nuclear power plant that was damaged in Fridays catastrophic earthquake and tsunami. Nuclear reactor 3 from the Fukushima plant suffered a similar explosion to that which hit reactor 1 on Saturday. Officials say

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 创新英语

Words and Their Stories: Nose and Ear Expressions 词汇典故:Nose and Ear Now, the VOA Special English program WORDS AND THEIR STORIES. 现在是美国之音慢速英语词汇典故。 A persons nose is important for breathing and smelling. The n

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Shiite religious parties in Iraq came up short of securing a majority in the new parliament according to final results announced Friday by the Election Commission. The results, which mean the Shi'ite parties will have to form a coalition, came as a l

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 Bilingual News

本期难点 1. ironing: 这个词不难,熨衣服。在这里是说Wills以后不能搞特殊了,衣服也得自个熨了。 2. cotton wool : cotton made absorbent by chemically freeing it from i

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

IN THE NEWS – November 9, 2002: U.S. Midterm Elections By Jerilyn Watson This is STEVE EMBER with the VOA Special English program IN THE NEWS. For the first time in many years, one party will contro

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

《A New Day Has Come》开篇的第一首歌曲是在说生活是积极向上的,生活的节奏是跳跃的,Celine的倩影可以从音符中走出来。是Celine招牌式的情歌,歌曲里表现出的优美,大气,根本不是一般的歌

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐天堂

Tunisians Actively Contemplating Democratic Elections in October The North African country of Tunisia was to have held its first ever democratic elections this month. The vote has been delayed until October, as authorities finalize a process that exp

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(七月)

American Stories - Science Fiction: A Princess of Mars' by Edgar Rice Burroughs (Part 2) BOB DOUGHTY: Now, the VOA Special English program, American Stories. (MUSIC) Last week we brought you the first of four programs called A Princess of Mars. Our s

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Tunisian Americans Celebrate First Free Elections Since 1956 Tunisians voted Sunday in what many are calling the political rebirth of the country. The Ennahdha party, a moderate Islamist group, looked set to win the most seats in early counting. Tuni

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十月)

Experts Fear Afghanistan 'Zero Option' May Have Repercussions Afghanistan suffered from a bloody civil war in the 1990s. While different Afghan factions fought for the control of the country, analysts say nearby countries like Pakistan, India and Ira

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(七月)

A: How are you? B: Good, thank you. A: What can I help you with? B: Can I ask you a few questions about the apartment? A: Ask whatever youd like. B: I want to know if the location of the apartment is nice. A: I honestly believe that you will love the

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

A: How is everything with you today? B: Im fine. Thank you for asking. A: Can I help you with something? B: I actually have a few questions about the apartment. A: What questions do you have? B: Is this apartment in a nice location? A: It is in a gre

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

IN THE NEWS – June 29, 2002: Palestinian Elections and Arafat By Caty Weaver This is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program IN THE NEWS. The Palestinian Authority announced Wednesday that

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(218) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

So what have you done to save the world today? Used a bit less water? Perhaps. Recycled a bit more rubbish? Of course, as More4 News viewers, you are clearly caring and intelligent consumers. But ther

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

Wendi: OK, well one thing is that I think you have the most beautiful hair. Can you share your secret? Rina: I, honestly, I'm pretty anal when it comes to my hair. Professional product! Just good product, and it depends if I'm wearing my hair curly o

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个