THE MAKING OF A NATION - July 18, 2002: Election of 1948 By David Jarmul VOICE 1: THE MAKING OF A NATION -- a program in Special English by the Voice of America. (Theme) Presidential elections are exc

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(365) / 评论(0) 分类 The Making of a Nation

THE MAKING OF A NATION -December 12, 2002: Election of 1980 By Jerilyn Watson (THEME) VOICE ONE: This is Rich Kleinfeldt. VOICE TWO: And this is Doug Johnson with THE MAKING OF A NATION, a VOA Special

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 The Making of a Nation

初级公司英语会话Lession6:质量管理 Listen to the dialogue between the company president (CP) and the Project Manager. P: if our brand is going to make any real impact, our standards have to be consistently high. PM: Absolutely, Im sure we can differe

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 初级公司英语会话

Words and Their Stories: Water Expressions 词汇典故:和Water相关的表达 Now, the VOA Special English program WORDS AND THEIR STORIES. 现在是美国之音慢速英语词汇典故节目。 Expressions about water are almost as common as wat

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(三)月

Todd: Masako, I was very surpised to hear that you are actually a grandparent. Masako: Yes, yesTodd: You look very young. I was very shocked. Tell me about your grandchild. Masako: She's a baby. Of course. A baby, a baby girl. And her name is, it's H

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Grammar Girl here. Today, Bonnie Trenga will help us choose better transition words. This article could make you a tad hungry, because today were comparing the art of writing to the art of making a sandwich. In fact, just for today, we might need to

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

A: Do you like dating? B: It's really a lot of fun. A: What makes it so much fun? B: It makes it easier to get to know somebody. A: Are dates always fun to you? B: Sometimes I may not like the person I'm having a date with. A: Why is that? B: The oth

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-约会

By Cynthia Kirk ENVIRONMENT REPORT -July 5, 2002: Conditions in China This is the VOA Special English ENVIRONMENT REPORT. Environmental officials in China say the government has taken steps to reduce

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

A New Way to Shop: The Fashion Truck Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. Im June Simms. On our show this week, we play music by The Lumineers. We tell about some happenings in the world of football But first, how about going for a shop

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(163) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Turkish Elections Marred by Sex Scandal The Turkish general election has become known as the campaign of Sex, Lies and Videotape. The reaction to the release on the Internet of explicit sex videos appearing to implicate senior members of the National

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(六月)

Enthusiasm Lingers After Iran Election Scenes of celebration following Rowhani's victory were captured by Iranian citizens on cell phone cameras. Videos were sent to VOA's Persian service, finding their way out of Iran despite what had been an ongoin

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(六月)

A: Are you going to vote? B: Of course! Are you? A: I plan to, but what day is the election? B: You should know that. A: Can you just tell me? B: The election is this Tuesday. A: Are you serious? B: Im not kidding. A: Its a good thing I asked you. B:

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-选举

A: Are you going to vote? B: I am. Are you? A: Yes, and for the first time. B: Is that right? A: I dont know how to vote. B: Voting isnt difficult. A: Im not sure what laws are being voted on. B: They tell you everything on the ballot. A: They do? B:

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-选举

A: Will you be voting? B: I will. Will you be voting? A: Well, when is the election? B: You dont know that? A: I just dont know. B: Its this Tuesday. A: You cant be serious. B: Why would I joke? A: Thanks for telling me. B: You shouldve known already

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-选举

U.S. President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney are making last-minute appeals to voters in key battleground states on the eve of Tuesdays presidential election. Both President Obama and Mr. Romney campaigned in states they need to

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

For the lost desire, the star of once been higher Light the face of dead worlds, forever in my heart For the lost Elysion Rivers of red run through the land Cover the ruins of once golden past When starlight was strong and I did belong To the almight

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

Long ago I attended in a dream Left behind In my misery, groaned with pain Crazed inside Anxious and furious derailed Lost in motion No-one was left to blame And it, it hurt inside People tried to warn me of the past the track would hunt me down so f

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

Heralds of progression gather A plot wrought in malignant delight There's nothing that lasts forever But nothing will change our faith tonight Ages of knowledge rejected Searching for more but there's less to find Answers remain undetected Questions

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

U.S. central bank officials are meeting in Washington, to consider whether new measures are needed to boost economic growth and cut the stubbornly high jobless rate. Federal Reserve policy makers are discussing options Tuesday and Wednesday before an

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

LONDON, July 4 (Xinhua) -- The volunteers' queue for uniform collection is a long one, winding all the way round the industrial warehouse in Canning Town, an area in which 68% of locals are of a non-white ethnic background. Numbered tickets are issue

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻