The Board Meeting had come to an end. Bob started to stand up and jostled the table, spilling his coffee over his notes. How embarrassing. I am getting so clumsy in my old age. Everyone had a good laugh, and soon we were all telling stories of our mo

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(274) / 评论(0) 分类 英语精美散文22篇

In March, the virus caught the attention of health officials in Mexico when cases of a flu-like illness were reported in the state of Veracruz. The transmission of the virus was so rapid that by mid-June the WHO declared the first flu pandemic in mor

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

Education Report - Lecture or Interactive Teaching? Old Issue, New Study 教育报道 - 填鸭式授课与互动式教学孰优孰劣? This is the VOA Special English Education Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语教育报道。 Professors hav

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(六)月

There is a special day of the year for people who argue. This is Kiss And Make Up Day. It is for people to understand that it is very easy to get over problems. We all have experiences in our lives when we fall out with someone over something small.

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

Nissan is one of the worlds largest car manufacturers. It started as the Kwaishinsha Motorcar Co. in 1918 and then the DAT Motorcar Co. The company became Nissan in the 1930s. It became a major supplier of equipment to Japans military before WWII. Ni

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 各大品牌英文介绍

I hear the sound of gentle rain Like teardrops on the windowpane A priceless smile in a wooden frame beside the bed I stare at the ceiling and talk to the walls I lay here alone and imagine it all As a river of memories rush through my head I can al

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

At the Johnson Space Center in Houston, engineers are getting ready for a new toilet system. The Russian-designed system will be installed next year, well in time for the expansion of the International Space Station in 2009. NASA has signed a contra

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻视频

By Matt Steinglass Hanoi 16 October 2006 Ly Tong, center, a South Vietnamese air force veteran who later became a US citizen, talks to reporters at Criminal Court in Bangkok, September 7, 2006 A small but growing number of dissidents in Vietnam is c

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十月)

Once upon a time, a man punished his 5-year-old daughter for using up the family's only roll of expensive gold wrapping paper. Money was tight, and he became even more upset when on Christmas Eve, he saw that the child had pasted the gold paper so as

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小短文

Syrian Conflict Gives Hope for Families of Missing Lebanese Ali Abou Dehn has wounds he says were inflicted by the Syrian army before his release in 2000 as part of a Syrian diplomatic gesture. Dehn says he was imprisoned in Syria for 13 years. I was

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(九月)

Private Spacecraft Ready for Launch to ISS An animation shows what space station partner nations and SpaceX hope to see on launch day. The Falcon 9 rocket, carrying its Dragon capsule, will launch from Cape Canaveral in Florida. The cargo-carrying sp

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(五月)

SpaceX Capsule Docks with ISS SpaceX's Dragon capsule made history when it approached the International Space Station, becoming the first private spacecraft ever to do so. The robotic capsule free floated 10 meters away from the orbiting lab, and the

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(五月)

Tim Ferriss: Smash Fear, Learn Anything英语演讲稿: This is Tim Ferriss circa 1979 A.D. Age two. You can tell by the power squat, I was a very confident boy -- and not without reason. I had a very charming routine at the time, which was to wait

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语演讲

The International Criminal Court is widely expected to announce that it will open investigations to identify and prosecute the main perpetrators of post-election violence in Kenya. Cathy Majtenyi | Nairobi 15 December 2009 Post-election violence in K

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

中英歌词: Spotlight shining brightly, on my face 耀眼的聚光灯打照在我的脸上 I can't see a thing and yet I feel you walking my way 我看不到,但却可以感受到你 以我的方式行走着 Empty stage, with nothing but discourage 空荡的舞台,充斥着沮丧和气馁 Sing

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

When time was young we walked the roads together When love was sweet i meant the world to you Now comes the sun we'll say goodbye forever And teardrops will kiss the morning dew Take me and make me your lover one more time Close in your arms as befo

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

I had so much fun visiting my family for the New Year. Now I'm back on campus and I really miss them! 我新年回家的时候特别开心。现在我回到学校了,真的好想他们啊! I wanna go back so bad! I really miss my parents and my l

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 OMG美语

MOSCOW, June 15 (Xinhua) -- Russia's Mission Control announced on Wednesday it had raised the International Space Station (ISS) by 10.2 km to 374.7 km with the help of the Europe's ATV-2 Johannes Kepler. The Mission Control conducted the correction(修

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

By Kurt Achin Jeju, South Korea 14 September 2007 Global warming is often in the news these days, usually in connection with changing, and sometimes destructive, weather patterns. But the World Health Organization says rising temperatures also have a

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(九月)

Blow Me A Kiss Its like this, its like that, I got dough, I got stacks. I can buy anything that I need, but I gotta have you for free. I aint never paid for it in my life so why the hell would I pay for a wife. I need love, yes I do but this is what

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅