The forest was full of shadows as a little girl hurried through it one summer evening in June. It was already 8 o'clock and Sylvie wondered if her grandmother would be angry with her for being so late. Every evening Sylvie left her grandmother's hous

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

There a hold in the middle of the ground. The prettiest hold that you ever did see. Well, a hole in the ground. CHORUS And the green grass grew all around and around. And the green grass grew all arou

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2017年(一月)

Bobwhite heard it and was pleased. He redoubled his calls of bob-white, bob-white, 山齿鹑听到了很高兴,他再次歌唱着布谷,布谷, and listened regularly for the musical white, white, white that came in return from a lady quail dow

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材6

Two or three times during the long three weeks that followed, 在随后漫长的三周里,有2-3次 Mr. bobwhite took his turn upon the eggs for half an hour, while his wife went for a dust bath. 山齿鹑先生会待在鹑蛋上半个小时,妻子

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材6

Birdie and I 小鸟和我 Birdie, where are you going, dear, 亲爱的小鸟,你上哪里去, In such haste? 走得这么匆忙? Grapes are purpling far and near; 远远近近,葡萄都熟了, Stop and taste. 何不停下尝一尝? Apples

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 英国学生科学读本

Unit7b The Earth Poet Jesse Stuart Nothing ever escaped my father, for he was an earth poet who loved the land and everything on it. He liked to watch things grow. From the time I was big enough for him to lead me by the hand, I went with him over th

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 128 The Zombie Project

Lesson 61 The bird's nest Mother: What's the matter,Jim? Father: I can't light this fire. Father: Please hold this ladder, dear. Father: Well! Well! Mother: What can you see, Jim? Father: There's a bird's nest in our chimney. Mother: Show it to Sand

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 朗文3L看听学英语第一册

(MA) Today I want to talk to you about wasps and their nests. You'll recall that biologists divide species of wasps into two groups: solitary and social. Solitary wasps, as the name implies, do not live together with other wasps. In most species the

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 托福听力短文

上个星期六我的一个美国同学搬新家, 顺道邀请我去他们家作客. 他给我的信中是这样写的: I have a jacuzzi (hot tub) so bring a swim suit if you want to do that. I have a

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 小笨霖英语笔记

It is not just humans that get stuck in their ways. For scientists have discovered that old bees have trouble finding their way to new hives as their learning behavior becomes increasingly inflexible. 世界上迷路的不仅仅是人类。科学家发

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Bird Nest 鸟巢 A bird nest is built with a lot of small twigs, grass and leaves. 鸟巢是用许多小树枝,草叶和树叶筑成的。 Some birds that live close to the ocean build their nests with fish bones. 一些住得靠海的鸟类用鱼骨

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第3册

第一, 迷你对话 A: Where are you from? 你来自哪里? B: Gansu Province. 甘肃省。 A: For goodness sake, I didnt know we are from the same place. 天啊,我还不知道啦,我们原来是老乡。 B: Did you have a good night tonigh

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

Here in an umbrella thorn tree, in Tanzania, Africa, some Fischer's lovebirds are looking for a nice hollow in which to nest and raise their young. The lovebird is a small stout member of the parrot family. They are like humans and their location is

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2009年

51 美国鳄鱼的成功生存报道 DATE=5-30-01 TITLE=EXPLORATIONS #1954 - Alligators Success Story BYLINE=Paul Thompson VOICE ONE: This is Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And this is Shirley Griffith with

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

China has lately witnessed an increase of so-called empty-nest youth, or young people who live alone, which experts believe is a cause for public concern. 最近,中国所谓的空巢青年人群有所增加(空巢青年即指独自居住的年轻人

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

LESSON 4 THE BIRD'S NEST 第四课 鸟巢 Here is a bird's nest on the branch of a tree. It is almost hid by the leaves. 树枝上有只鸟巢。它几乎藏在树叶之间。 The nest is made of straw and little sticks. Look in and tell me what you

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英国语文第一册

Lesson 4 The Saucy Sparrow 第4课 调皮的麻雀 What little birds are these that build their nests in our great cities, and do not mind the smoke and the noise and the bustle? What little birds are these that hop about our crowded streets, and pic

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英国学生科学读本

LESSON 6 The humming-bird 第六课 蜂鸟 The humming-bird! the humming-bird! 小蜂鸟,小蜂鸟 So fairy-like and bright; 仙子般聪明又可爱 It lives amongst the sunny flowers, 家住向日葵的花苞处 A creature of delight! 生活快乐又

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英国语文第三册

Five white eggs had been laid when a flock of English sparrows arrived. 当一群英国麻雀到来时,燕子已经下了五个白蛋。 One tree swallow was in the nest and the other on guard outside. 一只树燕子在窝里,另一只在外面站

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(143) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材5

10 Retiring From a Job GLOSSARY retirement party an office celebration before an employee retires, meant tothank that person for his or her work and wish him or her a happy retirement* Some people actually cried at Takerus retirement party, because t

发表于:2019-03-15 / 阅读(169) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之商务英语