MICHEL MARTIN, HOST: Depending on where you are right now, it might be drizzly. It might be chilly. There might even be snow here and there. But fear not, no matter the weather, it is almost April. And you know what that means, it's almost time for N

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台3月

Buying office equipment A: I do want to meet with you and take a look at your catalogue. Were redecorating and are going to add some things. B: Well, Ill be glad to help you out. I can come out anytime on Tuesday or Thursday of next week. A: Lets put

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 办公室英语口语

ESL Podcast 301 Buying a Mens Suit GLOSSARY suit professional clothing of a jacket and pants made from the same fabric* I always wear my best suit to important business meetings. contemporary modern; related to the present time; not old-fashioned; no

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之商务英语

经典老歌:甜蜜的一天 Boyz II Men and Mariah Carey Artists: Boyz II Men Mariah Carey Song: One Sweet Day Sorry, I never told you, all I wanted to say. Now it's too late to hold you. ' Cause you've flown away, so far away. Never, Had I imagin

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 甜蜜英文歌曲

Boyz II Men-Will Will Do you remember when? We would gaze upon The heavens up above Revealed within the night Took turns in looking thru A telescope discovering A little star that smiled right back at us I never strayed away far form all the crowds

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

This is the VOA Special English Education Report. In the United States, about six out of ten students in graduate schools are women. The same is true of today's young adults who already have a degree beyond college. As a result, the Census Bureau exp

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(九)月

MOSCOW, Oct. 19 (Xinhua) -- The red-haired Russian spy Anna Chapman, who recently received a state award in Kremlin for espionage, has posed for a men's magazine wielding a revolver, local media reported on Tuesday. Some media reports have hailed Cha

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Taleban,Khaksar,Pakistani,By Benjamin Sand Islamabad 15 January 2006 Khaksar holds half of a five rupee Pakistani note he gave to a US official in April 1999 seeking assistance to defeat Taliban (File photo - June 9, 2002) The

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(一月)

VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. I'm Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: And I'm Bob Doughty. Today we tell about the latest research and treatments for Parkinson's disease. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: In some patients, doctors place elec

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(四)月

Activists Aim Again To Pay Women and Men Equally Activists gathered in New York City this week to call attention to a problem that has existed for a long time: the pay difference between American men and women. The United States Congress took steps t

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(四)月

By Mil Arcega Washington 26 June 2007 A new report on the world's leading companies shows barriers still remain for women who want to advance in the corporate world. The study released at the Global Summit of Women in Germany shows women lag well beh

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(六月)

US Men's Basketball Team Olympic Gold Favorite The U.S. men's team is filled with National Basketball Association stars, making it a heavy favorite to win a gold medal at the London Games. But it did not look that way in the first quarter against a t

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(七月)

WNBA is Woman's World, Guided by Men We Got Game. That's what the Women's National Basketball Association - or WNBA - promised when the league was formed in 1996. It set out to prove that women play an exciting, team-oriented game - albeit with fewer

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(七月)

The International Organization for Migration says there's an urgent need for tougher action against human trafficking in East Africa. The IOM has released a new assessment of the problem, saying men, women and children of all ages are being exploited

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十)月

LULU GARCIA-NAVARRO, HOST: Solar eclipses, supermoons, a star-studded night sky - for us earthlings, looking up into space can be a transformative experience. But what about the other way around, seeing Earth from space? Only a select few have had th

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

Chinese veteran actor Nie Yuan and actress Charmaine Sheh were on the red carpet for the GQ 2018 Men of the Year annual celebration in Shanghai. Who else was present at the star-studded ceremony? Follow our reporter Wu Yifan to find out more!

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

Lucy: Jeff, here's a question. I was just talking to Dawn. You know, they had their first wedding anniversary last week. Guess what her husband gave her as a present. Jeff: I don't know. What? Lucy: He gave her a vacuum cleaner . Jeff: Didn't she wan

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

By Phillip Wellman Abidjan 24 October 2007 Government authorities in Ivory Coast have announced that an investigation into the country's cocoa and coffee sectors has officially begun. President Laurent Gbagbo called for the inquiry last week, followi

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA常速英语(十月)

夏日微风我们都有这样的感觉,四月渐逝,会有某个黄昏,走在街头,微风涌动,敛了寒气,扑面而来的是浅浅的暖意,连带凄凄的暮色也多了几分温馨的气息。 Artist:Yesan Damen Song:The Summ

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 金属

LONDON, Aug. 1 (Xinhua) -- China's world champion Qin Kai and Luo Yutong asserted dominance in men's 3m springboard synchro final at London Olympics on Wednesday, adding the fourth diving gold to powerhouse China. Qin and Luo, winners of the 2011 FIN

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻