By David Byrd The Olympics returned to their ancient home while two Greek sprinters left the Games in disgrace Wednesday on Day five of the competition at the Athens Olympic Games. Russia's Irina Korz

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--雅典奥运

Boyz ii Men A Song For Mama You taught me everything 你教会我所有的东西, And everything you've given me 你给我的一切 I'll always keep it inside 我都会珍藏在内心深处。 You're the driving force in my life 你是我生命的动

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(143) / 评论(0) 分类 教师节英文歌曲

10.The Sad Young Men Rod W. Horton and Herbert W. Edwards 1 No aspect of life in the Twenties has been more commented upon and sensationally romanticized than the so-called Revolt of the Younger Generation. The slightest mention of the decade brings

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 高级英语 下

Why Women Live Longer Than Men -- Edward Donick If you could take an immense group snapshot of everyone in the United States today, it would contain six million more females than males. In this country, women outlast men by about seven years. Through

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 老友记精校版第1季

This is the VOA Special English Health Report. A neighborhood barbershop might seem to some Americans like a thing of the past. Today men often get their hair cut at the same salons as women. But the traditional barbershop still holds a special place

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(十)月

《End Of The Road》歌词 曲名:End Of The Road 歌手:Boyz II Men (Talking) Girl you know we belong together I don't have time for you to be playing with my heart like this You'll be mine forever baby You just wait (Singing) We belong together And you

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 珍藏经典老歌

Talking About Attractive Men and Women Pamela: You know that your tongue is hanging out of your mouth, right? David: Thats because Ive never seen so many beautiful women in one place before. Why have I never been to this beach before? Look at her! Sh

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之就医和人际交往

By Robin Rupli A new video documentary about life in Iraq opened in October in theaters across the United States. For Voices of Iraq ,three Los Angeles-based filmmakers sent 150 hand-held video camera

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--文化艺术

Broadcast: Mar 28,2003 Olympic silver medallist Evgeni Plushenko of Russia has won the men's title at the World Figure Skating Championships here in Washington. Plushenko used a combination of nearly

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-体育专递

ANKARA, Oct. 11 (Xinhua) -- China's Huang Guangyuan won the first place in men's Nanquan competition in the 11th World Wushu Championships (WWC) held in Turkish capital Ankara, the WWC organizing committee announced on Tuesday. Huang recorded the hig

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The Summer Breeze,呵气如微风的男声,轻柔的吉他伴奏,悠远的提琴背景音,和声部分清凉的女生,一起组成初夏时节最难忘记的旋律 The Summer Breeze Late at night when Im alone I feel you near Back and forth

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐天堂

HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) I'm Doug Johnson. This week on our show: Music from Wynton Marsalis and Willie Nelson performing together ... And a question from a listener about America's purchase of Alaska from Rus

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(九)月

New research finds a link between vehicle emissions and cognitive function in older people. People who live in polluted cities can see the grit and dirt produced from vehicle engines but some of the most damaging emissions are only now starting to be

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(一月)

Women are more prone to sports related injuries than men, but overcoming one season-ending injury after another can be a serious mental and physical test for just about anyone. Nicole Ryan, 23, is a 6th year senior basketball player at American Unive

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十)月

China beat India 97-57 on Sunday at the BRICS Games in Guangzhou, the capital city of Guangdong province. Coach Du Feng (red) and player Han Dejun speaks at a press conference. [Photo: China Plus/Fu Yu] Du Feng has made a successful debut as coach of

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

Silvia: So Diego, you've asked me about shopping, but what about you? Diego: I think that now I have to pay for everything myself I'm a much more conservative shopper so I only buy strictly what I need. Silvia: And that's all. Diego: I think so, yes.

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

A team representing Beijing, Zhejiang, Hubei and Guangdong claimed the men's 4100m relay race at the 13th National Games. Famous Chinese sprinter Zhang Peimeng announced his retirement after the race. The Olympic Center Stadium in Tianjin, nicknamed

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

The United States will vote for a new president this November. Politicians are busy on their campaign trails. Theres something interesting about their attire: They rarely wear ties when giving stump speeches and pressing the flesh. 今年11月美国总

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

AILSA CHANG, HOST: Nature, mysticism and political protest - those are the themes that have dominated the work of poet Robert Bly for more than 60 years. His two dozen collections have garnered many prizes, including a National Book Award. Now, all o

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

Researchers from Oxford University, the Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, and the Chinese Centre for Disease Control conducted two large, nationally representative studies, fifteen years apart. They calculate the annual number of tobacco deaths ha

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台