X-Men: The Last Stand (Movie) When a cure for mutants is discovered, Magneto's increasingly powerful Brotherhood declares war on the government, prompting Professor Charles Xavier's X-Men to regroup and do battle with Magneto once again. Joining th

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 娱乐新天地Trailer 2006

UNIT 2 In Beijing 在北京 Lesson 11 Tian'anmen Square 天安门广场 Tian'anmen Square is big!天安门广场很大! says Li Ming. There are many people here!这儿有很多人! Yes!says Jenny. I see some children playing我看到一些孩子在玩耍

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 冀教版小学英语(三起)--第六册

07 Buying Mens Shirts GLOSSARY fitting room a small room with a door where one can try on clothing in a storebefore deciding whether to buy it * In this store, you can take only eight pieces of clothing into a fitting room at atime. dress shirt a nic

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之旅行交通购物

The Ozark city zoos tiger exhibit featured Winnie, a female Siberian tiger. She was five years old, weighed 300 pounds, and stood three feet tall at her shoulders. Siberian tigers are endangered; only about 500 exist in the wild, and about 200 exist

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

American men don't cry because it is considered not characteristic of men to do so. Only women cry. Cry is a weakness characteristic of the femele, and no American male wants to be identified with anything in the least weak or feminine. Crying, in ou

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(21) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

Men Won't Ask for Shopping Directions Either A study in the Journal of Consumer Marketing finds that men are less likely than women to ask for expert advice when shopping, in this case for wine. Karen Hopkin reports They say that men dont like to ask

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

The U.S. men have won the Olympic volleyball gold medal for the first time in 20 years, beating Brazil three sets to one. VOA Sports Editor Parke Brewer was at Sunday's match at Beijing's Capital Gymnasium and has a report. This match between top-ra

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(八月)

Men in Mauritania's capital, Nouakchott, say they are finding it harder to find a wife or stay married if they do. Mauritanian men say their lives and those of women around them are on a difficult straddle between traditional rules and more modern p

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(293) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(六月)

Men Face Higher Death Risk, But Why? HIV-infected men in South Africa are nearly one-third more like to die than women, even though both receive similar treatment. But researchers say they dont know why. University of Cape Towns Morna Cornell led a t

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(九月)

Jen Tonon expects to graduate from the gaming program at Montgomery College this year. She has already landed a job at a game development company Young people in the United States start playing video games as early as age four or five. Often the amou

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(四)月

Many African Men Fail to Get HIV Treatment A new study says men in sub-Saharan Africa are not accessing HIV/AIDS treatment nearly as often as women. That means many are dying prematurely. Researchers are calling for a more balanced approach to gender

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(二月)

Five Leading Men Vie for Best Actor Oscar In The Descendants, a bittersweet family drama directed by Alexander Payne, George Clooney plays Matt Smith, a successful lawyer who finds himself at life's crossroads. After a boating accident, his wife is i

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(二月)

Dallas All-Boys School Lets Young Men Shine Most publicly-supported schools in the United States are co-ed, but there are some exceptions. In Dallas, Texas, an all-girls school, which opened in 2004, has consistently graduated stellar students. Now,

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(八月)

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: Cross-dressing is still widely misunderstood. Many people who want to do it need a supportive environment in which to experiment. From member station WFUV in New York City, George Bodarky reports that Miss Vera's Finishing School F

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台3月

Chinese veteran actor Nie Yuan and actress Charmaine Sheh recently captured a lot of attention when walking the red carpet for the GQ 2018 Men of the Year annual event in Shanghai. Both Nie and Sheh are the leading stars in Chinese producer Yu Zheng'

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

Sales clerk: Good afternoon. What can I help you find? Bo: Im looking for a suit for work. Sales clerk: Im sure we have something for you. Are you looking for a traditional or contemporary suit? Bo: Im not sure. Id like to try on some different ones.

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

By Larry London Washington 17 December 2007 With five Number One hits between 1992 and 1997, the group Boyz II Men has secured a permanent place in music history. Through their wonderful harmonies and poetic lyrics, and a career that has spanned 20 y

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十二月)

A strange type of creature has been appearing in Wenatchee recently. Apparently, it comes out when the weather gets nice. It is very tall, furry, and generally has a smile on its face. Unlike most other animals, it likes to be close to people and tra

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: Now, here's a story about two countries, three men and a skyscraper. NPR's Peter Overby looks at questions of how the Trump Tower in Manila might affect ties between the United States and the Philippines. PETER OVERBY, BYLINE: One

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

Its been almost three months since I got a haircut and I went to the barbershop where I always get it cut. But when I got there, the barbershop had been replaced by a hair salon. Shinobu: Hi, I used to get my hair cut at the barbershop that was here.

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客