Jessie stood very still for a moment and listened. She could hear footsteps from somewhere inside the maze. She tried calling to Benny again, but he did not answer. She put her hands in front of her face and felt her way around the glass walls. Then,

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 131 The Boardwalk Mystery

Hunter waved at the Aldens and at Will and Wendy with his one free hand. He was walking at the edge of the ocean. He had a surfboard and a boogie board under his right arm. Hunter set his things down in the sand. When Benny reached him, he gave Benny

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 131 The Boardwalk Mystery

Violet ran across the amusement pier, but she did not see Benny. A few lights were on here and there, but all the rides and food stands were dark. Violet! Is something wrong? Jessie asked. Jessie, Henry, and Mr. Hanson were locking the gate to the Fe

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 131 The Boardwalk Mystery

The next day the children were up early. They had breakfast. They made their beds. We ought to go down to see Rita the first thing we do, said Violet. We were not very polite to her yesterday. All we could think of was Benny. Very well, said Alice la

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 3 黄色小屋的秘密 The Yellow House Mys

Now the Special English program American Stories. Our story today is called Tale For A Frosty Morning, it was written by Merrill Pollack. Here is Shep O'Neal with our story. Ben was awakened by a gunshot. The shot noise came through the thick stone w

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 弗兰肯斯坦.Frankenstein

ARI SHAPIRO, HOST: Texas officials say flooding from Harvey has damaged some 49,000 homes. That's not a final count. Most of those homeowners never got flood insurance and face a long road to recovery. NPR's Jim Zarroli has more. JIM ZARROLI, BYLINE:

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台9月

【生词预览】 cease 停止, emergency 突发事件, operator 接线员 【笑话原文】 TwoHunters Oncetwohunterswenthuntingintheforest.Oneofthemsuddenlyfelldownbyaccident.Heshowedthewhitesofhiseyesandseemedtohaveceasedbreathing.Theotherhu

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)

New Generation Revolutionizes Environmental Activism Environmental activists have relied on public pressure, boycotts and confrontation to advance their cause over the past few decades. Now, a new generation of eco-warriors is revolutionizing environ

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(六月)

歌曲受启发于Hunter Hayes自身受到欺凌的经历。在Entertainment Tonight采访中,Hunter Hayes声称自己在学校中不合群并将自己描述为I was a total geek, I was a total nerd.。 Crowded hallways are the loneliest places for

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 舞曲狂欢

Students at New York's Hunter College express pride in Elena Kagan Adam Phillips | New York 11 May 2010 Photo: Hunter College High School Yearbook Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan in the 1977 yearbook at Manhattan's Hunter College High School. Presi

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(五)月

NASA to Launch Black Hole Hunter Black holes have a gravitational pull so intense that not even light can escape from them. As gas, dust and stars are sucked in, the material accelerates and heats up, generating powerful X-ray light emissions. Only a

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(六月)

Lesson 21 Imagine 1.Try to imagine the desert on a very hot day . 2.I can imagine the scene clearly in my mind . 3.You can hardly imagine my surprise . 4.I like to imagine myself a brave hunter . 5.We can't imagine what he will do next . 6.Try to ima

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛口语初级版

ELISE HU, HOST: A woman in London gives birth to her first child just as the city is submerged in floodwaters from global warming. That's the opening of a slim debut novel by Megan Hunter. MEGAN HUNTER: Because of the magnitude of the disaster, they

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: Families without flood insurance are wondering if they can rebuild after the flooding from Florence. For those who are covered by insurance, the price is growing, as are the risks. Here's NPR's Colin Dwyer. COLIN DWYER, BYLINE: F

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台9月

When Mike told me he was leaving I felt like a vase which has just smashed. There were pieces of me all over the tidy, tan tiles. He kept talking, telling me why he was leaving, explaining it was for the best, I could do better, it was his fault and

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

From the first weekend in May until July, hunters in New Zealand are allowed to shoot ducks for sport. This is called the duck shooting season. Hunters have to get a licence and can kill only a limited number of ducks each day. There are only three t

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

乡村创作才子 Hunter Hayes 最新温暖励志单曲《Invisible》。也许这个世界充斥着太多不怀好意,但每个人都无法独自存活于世。面对不公,沉默或许能换来短暂的安宁,但换不来你该得到的尊重。

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

The dogsled skimmed silently over the frozentundra. The seal hunter ran alongside it. Sometimeshe cracked his whip against the ice. The snowdrifts looked like giant white sculptures asthe sun slipped behind the frozen hills. Then a fullorange moon ro

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

By the time the dogsled arrived at the tree house,the snowstorm had become a blizzard. Can you wait just a minute? Jack asked the sealhunter. So we can check something?The hunter nodded. His dogs whined as Jack andAnnie climbed through the tree house

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

I'd love to know just what you're thinkin' Every little river, runnin' through your mind You give and you take, you come and you go You leave me here wonderin' if I'll ever know How much you care or how much you don't Whatever you need, whatever you

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(164) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲