Remembering a Civil Rights Hero and His Powerful Protest From VOA Learning English, this is As It Is. I'm Caty Weaver. Today on the show we remember two important Americans, both activists in the cause of civil rights. Franklin McCain launched a succ

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(一)月

tips:第一段的开头句:JianMing Wang has a round face. 第二段的开头句:When Wang was a child,he was very interested in baseball. 第三段的开头句:Wang is now a starting pitcher for the U.S. Major League Baseball Team--NewYork Yankees. Peter的文章: Ji

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 小学英语作文

Topics: Famous AmericansDaniel Boone; Famous SongsSomewhere over the Rainbow; to distract versus to foil versus to thwart; to reach versus to achieve; pronouncing hare, hear, here, hire, her, hair, heir Words: to explore wilderness rural frontier to

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 空中美语初级

THIS IS AMERICA - Taiwanese-American Basketball Hero Creates Linsanity FAITH LAPIDUS:Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Faith Lapidus. BOB DOUGHTY: And I'm Bob Doughty. This week on our program: Linsanity -- why people in Taiwan a

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Amelia met with both George Putnam and Amy Guest in New York. They both thought she was perfect. Attractive. Polite. Well-educated. She got the job. The job was actually not nearly as good as it sounded. Amelia wouldnt get paid. A man named Wilmer St

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

In the countryside of Argentina, cowboy life has scarcely changed over the past three centuries. The gaucho is a hero here, a legendary figure larger than life. But these are the real gauchos, men who still live this life the way as the gaucho. If th

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

Superman made money as Clark Kent, a newspaper reporter. 超人克拉克肯特依靠做报纸记者挣钱。 Batman made money as Bruce Wayne, a rich industrialist. 蝙蝠侠布鲁斯韦恩靠做实业家挣钱。 Spiderman made money as Peter Parker

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 找谁倚靠(慢速)

地点:盥洗室外 人物:乔伊,罗斯,宾太太 事件:乔伊无意中看到罗斯和钱德勒的母亲宾太太接吻了。 听力文本: Mrs.Bing:Because I know how to write men that women fall in love with. Believe me,I cannot sell

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

movie buff 电影爱好者 enthusiastic adj. 热情的 emotional connection 情感联系 unchecked adj. 未经核对的,不加抑制的 extinguish vt. 熄灭 brawn n. 孔武有力 Which hero is hottest in the America? 在美国,最受欢迎的超级

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 早安英文

Never Give Up They told him to quit, that he wasn't good enough, but figure skater Paul Wylie refused to listen. When he stepped off the plane in Washington, D.C., following the 1992 Winter Games, and

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 大学体验英语综合教程

Soldiers go to war. They fight the enemy. That is their job. Firemen go to fires. They rescue people in burning buildings. That is their job. Policemen go after dangerous criminals. They arrest dangerous criminals. That is their job. Phil was driving

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

AMERICA HONORS THE HERO 美国向英雄致敬 By this time the people of the United States were beginning to be eager to see their own American hero. 这时,美国人民开始渴望见到他们自己的美国英雄。 The President and all the peop

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材5

Song:Someday Soon Artist:Natalie Bassingthwaighte Someday soon You're gonna catch that dream you've been chasing, yeah Someday soon They're gonna write your name in the sky Someday Soon Someday Soon Someday Soon Someday Soon Out there in the air

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语热力歌曲

军犬需要良好待遇 At an event on Capitol Hill organized by the American Humane Association, Democratic congressman Henry Cuellar said it is important to strengthen the bond between soldiers and military dogs. 美国动物权益保护协会在国

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(一月)

unit 208 浪漫邂逅 dialogue 英语情景对话 A:How did you first meet Jack each other? A:你和杰克是怎么初次相遇的? B:That is a heavy raining afternoon. I was standing under the eaves of a shop to evade the heavy rain. It's getting

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(184) / 评论(0) 分类 高频英语口语对话

Before Bruce Lee, the majority of the Asian characters in western films were limited to being evil master minds like Fu Manchu, subservient labors or commic fool. 李小龙之前 西方电影中的亚洲角色都局限在老谋深算类型的坏蛋 像

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 名人传记

Nader says 'Only the Super Rich Can Save Us' offers a roadmap to a practical utopia. Some of the richest Americans are using their wealth for the common good. Businessman and investor Warren Buffett, Microsoft's founder Bill Gates and financier Georg

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

都是好莱坞惹的祸:I Blame Hollywood Olly Murs,X Factor第六季的亚军,10年8月份他的首只单曲Please Don't Let Me Go直冲上英国单曲榜冠军的位置,11月的单曲Thinking Of Me位居英国单曲榜位居第四,个人同

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 经典英文歌曲

The World of Wearable Arts show is on in Wellington at the moment. It finishes Saturday 10th September. Wearable Arts means art to wear and costumes are made from many different kinds of fabric including paper, plastic, or waste materials. The Suprem

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

What can that be? said Sigurd to himself. Is it a fire on some distant mountain peak? 西格德自言自语道:那是什么?是远处的山顶着火了吗? Then he remembered the words which the bird had said: If Sigurd wishes to save the princes

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材4