Zachary Taylor was the United States' 12th President. He was born in Virginia in 1784 and taken as an infant to Kentucky to be raised on a plantation. He lived in a small wood cabin, before moving to a brick house as a result of his family's increase

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 历届美国总统简介

Ryan: Can you help me please? Ryan: 劳教,您能不能帮个忙? Hotel staff: Certainly sir. Hotel staff: 当然,先生. Ryan: Do you know if there is Japanese restaurant near the hotel? Ryan: 这饭店附近有没有日本餐馆? Hotel staff: Actually theres one on th

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

It was Halloween, the last day of October. It was October 31. Halloween was Freddys favorite day. He liked Halloween better than Christmas. He liked Halloween better than his birthday. Halloween was dress-up day. Halloween was costume day. Halloween

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

Never give up a chance of being a hero Every time when I read the five thousand years old chinese history, I am moved and convinced by those earthshaking heroes. EmperorQin Shi huang, Liu Xiu, LI Shiming, Zhao Kuangyin, jenghis Khan. I am also a uniq

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

GRE北美范文对备考GRE写作有一定的指导作用,下面为大家整理了最完整版的GRE北美范文,主要是关于GRE ISSUE作文范文,供大家应用。 Most of the people we consider heroic today were, in fact, very ordinary pe

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE作文

A Larger Than Life Hero: 'Pecos Bill' Today we tell a traditional American story called a tall tale. A tall tale is a story about a person who is larger than life. The descriptions in the story are exaggerated much greater than in real life. Long ago

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(三)月

group 小组 stage 舞台,阶段 the group stage 小组赛阶段 片尾音乐:1986年墨西哥世界杯主题曲《A Special Kind of Hero》

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 愉悦口语

The anti-hero initially conforms, ignorantly accepting the established views, 一开始,反英雄顺从、无知地接受别人给出的观点, a typical, unquestioning, brainwashed member of society. 是典型的盲目、被洗脑的社会一份子

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

4. Most striking among the many asymmetries evident in an adult flatfish is eye placement: before maturity one eye migrates,so that in an adult flatfish both eyes are on the same side of the head. (3+) 在一条成年比目鱼身上显著存在的诸

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE英语

One is the suave servant of Her Majestys government. The other is a brute assassin, the rogue employee of a now defunct agency of the FBI. 一个是女王陛下政府倜傥的忠臣,另一个是冷酷杀手,联邦调查局(FBI)已经解散的一个

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(201) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The festival opened with the screening of one of latest Chinese blockbusters Monkey King - Hero is back. Goran Adenskog was among over 100 audience members. He says he was impressed with the Chinese cultural references in the movie. It was very impre

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

海伦凯勒:假如给我三天光明(一) Three Days to See All of us have read thrilling stories in which the hero had only a limited and specified time to live. Sometimes it was as long as a year; sometimes as short as twenty-four hour

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

MADRID, Oct. 22 (Xinhua) -- Sevilla goalkeeper Javi Varas was the hero of the night as his side produced a stunning defensive display to earn a 0-0 draw against FC Barcelona in the Camp Nou stadium. Varas made a string of spectacular saves, including

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Olly Murs,X Factor第六季的亚军,10年8月份他的首只单曲Please Don't Let Me Go直冲上英国单曲榜冠军的位置,11月的单曲Thinking Of Me位居英国单曲榜位居第四,个人同名专辑中的这首I Blame Hollywood也是

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 天籁音乐

1. 介词短语可以用作表语。如: Mr. Smith is still in bed. 史密斯先生还在睡觉。 He was already in his sixties. 他已经六十多岁了。 Dinner was at one olock. 一点钟开午饭。 We are out of food. 我们的食物吃完了。

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

NAIROBI, March 20 (Xinhua) -- Song and dance rent the air as soon as the triumphant Africa Cross Country team touched down at the airport from Cape Town, South Africa, on Tuesday. Relatives, friends and Athletics Kenya (AK) officials who were present

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

音乐咖啡厅:Spensha Baker - Victory 相关介绍 :歌曲的演唱难度往往可以体现一个歌手的歌唱水平。这张专辑中有很多歌曲演唱起来很有难度,比如第十首。呵呵,听过以后你就知道,这首歌曲的节

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

有一首非常经典的英文歌,即使你可能无法准确的说出歌手的名字,但相信你对于这一段旋律和歌词一定不会陌生: And then a hero comes along 届时你心中的英雄就会显现 With the strength to carry on 他

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

音乐咖啡厅:Keri Hilson - Energy 相关介绍:Keri Hilson被美国两大王牌超级制作人Timbaland和Polow Da Don一手提携,而在专辑《A Perfect World》,也邀来kanye West、Ne-Yo等大牌献声助阵。 早期,Keri作为作曲者

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

My Hero 我心目中的英雄 My father was my hero,throughout my life. 我父亲是我的英雄,在我一生从未改变。 The father of eight children,he saw his share of strife. 身为八个孩子的父亲,他清楚自己的重任。 When I w

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读