The US is considering sanctions against Syria, where the government's crackdown on the resistance appears to be getting bloodier. According to newswires, witnesses in Daraa report seeing tanks rolling into their town, the heart of Syria's pro-democra

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

Sense and Sensibility Chapter 1 The Dashwood Family had long been settled in Sussex, in southeastern England. They lived in a grand home at Norlan Park and owned quite a bit land. The Dashwood was a quite respectable family that had lived on the lan

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 有声名著之理智与情感

The Fortune Cookie Prophecy--幸运小甜饼的预言 Puberty hit me late.I was still afraid of the opposite sex when I was fifteen,and yet I prayed every night for the girl I would marry.I asked God to help her do well in school and to be happ

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 有声杂志阅读

19. Fortune-tellers are good at making ______ statement such as“ Your sorrows will change”. A. philosophical B. ambiguous C. literal D. invalid sorrow sorrow 痛苦,悲哀 sob 哭泣 /sorrow phi

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(137) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方赵丽词汇课堂

238. Just try my fortune W: I bought ten yuan lottery. M: It will be great if you win 5 million! W: Just try my fortune. M: I attended the exam for the government office worker position. W: The exam is too difficult. M: I know it's impossible for me.

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 越说越地道英语

unit 147 祝贺中奖 dialogue 英语情景对话 A:I made a fortune. A:我发大财了。 B:Wow! How did you make the fortune? B:哇,你是如何发财的? A:I have just won a car! A:我刚才中奖得了一辆汽车。 B:Congratulations! B:恭喜

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(240) / 评论(0) 分类 高频英语口语对话

ENGLISH MARATHON Host: Jeffery have a bone to pick with someone Ive got a bone to pick with you. How come you didnt come to my party last night? be (as) dry as a bone After four months with no rain, even the riverbed became as dry as bone. Lets stop

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语轻松学

Language Points 1. break into He broke into my house and stole a computer. 2. bump into I bumped into Wendy last night. 3. look into I'll look into the problem. 4. come into She came into a fortune on her birthday. He came into a fortune after his pa

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 爆笑英语口语

拉里佩奇,全名劳伦斯爱德华佩奇(Lawrence Edward Page),美国密歇根大学安娜堡分校的荣誉毕业生,拥有密歇根大学理工科学士学位和斯坦福大学计算机科学博士学位。 佩奇是Google公司的创始

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语名人堂

The knowing ones eat, as for a race; but a stupid fellow saves his portion; just nibbles a bit, and keeps the rest for another time. 聪明的孩子会像比赛一样快速吃掉糕饼,而愚蠢的孩子则节省着吃,只是咬一小口,留起来

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第六册

There's only so much fortune a man really needs and the rest is just for showing off. 语音讲解 单词发音 fortune n.财富;命运;运气 rest vt.使休息,使轻松;把寄托于 连词发音 showing off 轻读重读 重读:so much for

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着Gwen学英语之每日早读

Last night, I watched a movie, it is about two teenagers, they have cancer, but the boy is positive about life while the girl is negative about life. They meet each other, then the girl is affected by the boy, she starts to see the beautiful things i

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

This real-life Dr. Dolittle walks with the animals, talks with the animals and even takes selfies with them. 怪医杜立德在现实中上演,他和动物们一起散步,一起聊天,甚至还玩起了自拍。 Traveller Allan Dixon, 29, has a

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Joey and Stacy finished their meal. The waiter brought them some fortune cookies. Stacy broke open her cookie. Joey asked, What does it say? She said, It says that I'll see a special person soon. Just then, her mom walked into the restaurant. They hu

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Gus was a wealthy man. He owned corporations, buildings, ships, and planes. He owned land and three islands. He had two children, both sons. He loved Sam. He tolerated Earl. Earl was a lazy worker. Sam was a hard worker. Gus did not want to split his

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

春节到来时,同学们肯定想着红包多多到手来,见到长辈必然想到恭喜发财,红包拿来这句传统的过年问候语。那这句话英语怎么说你知道吗? 英语恭喜发财,红包拿来是这样说: Wish you a

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

I can see the end closing in on the room Can we go back again and re-discover our youth? But i'm too scared to ask Is this all according to plan? It's happening so fast Why can't you understand We've got a crisis on our hands Can't rely on a second c

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

《歌舞青春3》【Senior Year】,叙述主配角们即将从东高中毕业各奔前程,满怀着希望以及对未来的不安感受,更充满着浓浓的离別不舍之情。其中夏培与雷恩齐声欢唱的I Want It All,直奔美国热

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

All I've wanted is to let go. I've tried so hard, it's my downfall. Just this once, I'm on my knees, And begging you to trust in what you see in me. So why can't I be honest with you? I just love the feeling of the wrong things I do. These vices I cr

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

释义: make money 挣钱 make 具有将目标拿在手上(gain or reach ) 的意思。因此 make money 表示挣钱, make a killing ( fortune ) 表示挣了很多钱,make a living 表示挣生活费。 例句: I am making (some) money. 我在

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(141) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语