L: do you believe in UFO's? B: sure. A UFO is just a space vehicle from another planet. If you think about it, our space shuttles are UFOs. L: I've never thought about it like that before. B: I've seen photos of UFOs in America before, but they've al

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 生活英语情景口语

A: So, now that I've decided to buy this car, how do I transfer the title to myself? B: Actually, your best bet is to contact the Automobile Club or to go to the DMV website. A: Basically, what will I need to do? B: Both buyer and seller need to tran

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买车

Daily Life - Whats your name again? A: Nick! Hows it going? B: Oh, hey... A: What are you doing in this neighbourhood? Do you live around here? B: Actually, my office is right around the corner. A: It was great to meet you last week at the conference

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

Improve Your Public Speaking With Body Language 使用肢体语言提高你的演讲能力 Today, we return to the subject of successful public speaking centering on the physical message of presentation. Some call this body language. Charles LeBeau i

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(三)月

I know nothing!You know nothing? About what? 我什么也不知道。你不知道?什么事? I mean, I'll remain tight lipped I won't say a word until it's all official like. 我的意思是我会守口如瓶,在正式公开前不说一个字。

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 职场英文口语

45. I feel as if... 我觉得好像 用法透视 这个句型的含义与I feel...相同,但要注意as if后的从句中多用虚拟语气。 支持范例 1. I feel as if my head were bursting. 我觉得头好像要炸开了。 2. I felt as if I had lost the most precious thing forever. 我觉得好像

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语句型学口语

[00:00.00]Lesson 5 But want you to do it with Jake. [00:03.29]但是我希望你和杰克一起做这项工作 [00:06.58]Text Scene one: A street [00:19.42]第一幕:街上 [00:32.26]Carol,are you OK? Yes,I'm fine.Thanks. [00:35.45]卡罗,你好吗? 是的,我很好,谢谢。 [00:3

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 洪恩环境英语

9. May I have your name, please? 您贵姓? 还能这样说: May I ask your name? Could I have your name? 谚语: A bird may be known by its song. 什么鸟唱什么歌。 10. Does she know your phone number? 她知道您的电话号码吗? 还

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

9. I'll call back later. 我稍后再打。 还能这样说: I'll ring again later. I'll call her later. 应用解析: later on 后来,过些时候; no later than 不迟于; sooner or later 迟早 10. Sorry, the number you dialed is not ans

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

There is an island in the Bay of Bengal between Myanmar and Indonesia. It is called North Sentinel Island but the inhabitants of the island dont know that. In fact, the Sentinelese people know almost nothing of the outside world. They have never seen

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松英文阅读

1. M: I just received an E-mail from one of my former classmates. I was surprised, I hadn't heard from him for ages. W: Well, I've been out of touch with most of my old friends, only one or two still drop me a line occasionally. Q: What does the woma

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语四级听力-短对话

On November 8th, Russia launched a probe toward the tiny Martian moon Phobos. The launch was picture-perfect, and the spacecraft, called PhobosGrunt, soared into the night sky over Kazakhstan. The good news stops there. For instead of boosting itself

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

1. Residents in the Midwest are getting ready for another blast of winter. A storm is moving across the region. It's expected to dump at least another 6 inches on top of the snow and ice that's already on the ground. 2. Defense Secretary Robert Gate

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2007

Theres no question that charismatic people are some of the most successful individuals out there. Professor Wiseman at the University of Hertfordshire in the UK estimates charisma is 50% innate and 50% trained. The key ingredients of charisma are sim

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 励志英语

I caught you crying Trying to hide your tears away And all the while I never knew you felt this way I've loved you from the start How could we let this come apart? We've got to put The sun back in our hearts Through the alleyways The avenues ans dre

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Lesson 44 Congratulations and Best Wishes 第44课 祝贺与祝愿 A:You are going to set up your own company, aren't you? A:你要成立自己的公司,是吗? B:Yes. After so many years of hard work in this company,I feel like having a compan

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语口语宝典第一册

第20期:面试结果 我还是不能雇佣你。 I have to say I cant offer you the job. For example: A: I have to say I can't offer you the job.我还是不能雇佣你。 B: That's all right. Thank you for your time. 没关系,谢谢您花费时间

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 职场英语口语急救包

但往往人们忽视的便是一些细枝末节的注意事项,这儿有一些建议可以保证你的邮件给人留下好印象。 1. Know your email terms: 英语电子邮件发送程序有很多缩写,如果你不知道意思的话,你向老

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

5. Can you help me? 你能帮我吗? 还能这样说: Can you lend me a hand? Would you do me a favor? 谚语: Heaven helps those who help themselves. 天助自助者。 6. Where is the Lost and Found? 失物招领处在哪儿? 还能这样说:

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

本期内容: Researchers in the US have been investigating the final journeys taken by disposable contact lenses. They found 15-20% of US users simply flick these fiddly lenses down the drain via the bathroom sink or toilet. The study suggests tha

发表于:2019-03-01 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读