Celebration of Life Sometime I feel discouraged because I wanted to know why we as a culture wait until somebody has passed away before we tell them how much we love them. Why do we wait until someone's ears can't hear before we let them know how muc

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 英语标准美文100篇

I love the Olympics. It really is a unique and special world occasion. Theres only one event in the world better than the Olympics, and thats the Football World Cup. Anyway, the Olympics really is a celebration of humanity. The whole world watches an

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-O

The Aldens had been gone only one day when David came back from Maine with his dog. It was night when David came, but he was sure of his way through the woods. He and his dog made almost no noise, but David found Lovan at the door of her cottage, wai

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 9 Mountain Top Mystery

Barack Obama making history, as the first African American US president elect. From his home state of Illinois to his father's homeland in Kenya, on Main Street to Wall Street and outside the gates of the White House, elation and celebration, Obama's

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

Our story today is called Golden Wedding. It was written by Ruth Suckow. Here is Shirley Griffith to tell you the story. Mrs. Willie turn to her husband and said, Pa, you are to change your clothes. Why are you in such a hurry? Well, she answered, yo

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 美国故事

Thanksgiving Day is the most truly American of the national holidays in the United States and is most closely connected with the earliest history of the country. 感恩节是美国国定假日中最地道、最美国式的节日,而且它和早期美

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力小短文走遍全世界

Pre-Listening Vocabulary self-proclaimed: decided or claimed (a title) on ones own sponsor: to support a person or cause with funding or assistance deter: to prevent vandalize: to purposely cause damage to property kick off: to start something festiv

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 趣谈英语

In celebration of the holidays, were releasing a selection of classic podcasts from deep within our archives. For each of the next five days, well post one of the more popular podcasts from our early days. BEP 23 was the final podcast in our original

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 商务电话英语

Indian Holiday Diwali Lights Up America, Too More and more people in America are celebrating the Indian holiday Diwali. 美国如今有越来越多的人开始庆祝印度节日排灯节。 Diwali is Hindi for row of lights. It is the most important

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十)月

By Faiza Elmasry Americans often date the nation's annual Thanksgiving holiday back to a feast held nearly 400 years ago, when English settlers in what is now Massachusetts gathered together to thank

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--文化艺术

By Jerilyn Watson THIS IS AMERICA -May 13, 2002: Sondheim Celebration VOICE ONE: The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C currently is honoring the work of one of America’

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

Task 1 考试日期: 2012.10.13 类别 邀请信 题目 Write a letter to invite your friend to a music concert. You should write: 1. what is the content of the music concert 2. where and when is the music concert 3. why do you think your friend wi

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思机经

1. Residents in Ukraine's strategic Crimea peninsula are voting whether to demand greater autonomy while seek to join Russia. European union and United States say the outcome will not be recognized because the referendum is illegal. 2. Malaysia inves

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2014(三)月

Sarah向原来的同事 Amanda 诉苦,说刚换了新工作,就赶上三个人过生日,都要凑份子,感觉心理很不平衡。Amanda 劝她说, A: If I were you, I would just bite the bullet and hand over the money. First impressions a

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

By Paul Sisco Washington 22 April 2008 Today, April 22 is Earth Day, a global event that began in 1970 and is credited by some with giving birth to the modern environmental movement. Earth Day grew from an annual event in the United States to a globa

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(四月)

讲解 Today's key word is Pants Pants 裤子 Pants are a piece of clothing that cover the lower part of your body and each leg. 美式英语中的裤子,跟trousers的意思一样,但在英式英语中也指内裤,所以跟英国人说裤子的时

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语悠选脱口秀

Celebrating in Style 庆新年 2008 is now finally in the past as millions of Chinese people around the world welcomed the Chinese New Year on Monday 26 January. As we waved goodbye to the Year of the Rat, the Year of the Ox was greeted in traditiona

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

For all English-speaking personnel in China, 2016 will be the year when they feel culturally taken care of. Many highly-rated and highly-anticipated theater works and films written by Shakespeare will come to Beijing, Shanghai, and Hong Kong througho

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

Britain is sometimes called a nation of collectors. This is never more true than when a royal wedding is about to take place. Plates, T-shirts, a comic book, stamps... there is no end to the pile of royal memorabilia being created in celebration of P

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. I'm Liz Waid. Voice 2 And I'm Joshua Leo. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand no matter where in the world they live. Today's Spotlight is on fireworks. Voice 1

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight