AMERICAN MOSAIC -February 15, 2002: Olympic songs/question about Carnival in the US/a history of African American hairstyles HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC — VOA’s radio magazine in Special Engl

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 American Mosaic

-One, the only Alicia Keys, regarding her, get her, her songs Songs in A Minor. And you remember what's ten years ago sold 12 million, more than 12 million albums. It is back out 10 years later. You have some new music with it, so it really makes...

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2011年

Merlefest 23 is now in the record books. The festival held in celebration of the music of the late Merle Watson and his father, folk music legend Doc Watson, was held in April in Wilkesboro, North Carolina. VOA's Katherine Cole and 76,000 other guest

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(六)月

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. I'm Liz Waid. Voice 2 And I'm Joshua Leo. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand no matter where in the world they live. Today's Spotlight is on fireworks. Voice 1

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

Sarah向原来的同事 Amanda 诉苦,说刚换了新工作,就赶上三个人过生日,都要凑份子,感觉心理很不平衡。Amanda 劝她说, A: If I were you, I would just bite the bullet and hand over the money. First impressions a

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

庆祝会 Celebrating a Party 新年宴会 New Year banquet A: Are we going to have a New Year banquet on Friday evening? B: Yes.I've made a list about what we need. 鸡尾酒会 cocktail party A: Hello, Nancy.How about a cocktail party on New Year

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 外企白领口语速查手册

这是庆祝 It's the celebration of.... A: Diana,would you like to go to a dance party held by our company this weekend? It's the celebration of a successful cooperation. B: With pleasure.That must be exciting. 预定餐位 book tables A: Hello,West

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 外企白领口语速查手册

My salutation will be incomplete without expressing my deep appreciation for the strength given to me during my long and lovely years in prison by my beloved wife and family. I am convinced that your pain and suffering was far greater than my own. 如果

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

Shirley: Can I have my check, please. Clerk: Here it is. 350 Yuan all together. Shirley: May son adores my new hairstyle so I suppose it is worth it. Clerk: Hearing you say that is a big reward for us. And here is the receipt. Shirley: Thank you. Cle

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语大赢家上册

The boys got their unpacking done before the girls had finished. Now can we go and explore? Benny asked, almost jumping up and down with excitement. Go on ahead, Violet told him. Were almost through. Well meet you up on deck. The cabins were small an

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 20 The Haunted Cabin Mystery

Part 1 History of Easter 复活节的由来 Easter is a festival of overwhelming joy. The joy that celebrates life. Or, rather, the victory of life over death. But does it have any historic background? Did life really overcome death? Most important, why J

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 CRI实用英语课堂

Let's Hear It for Mom! 听听妈妈的故事 Where would we be without mothers, those tireless caregivers who wipe our noses, pack our lunches, cry at our weddings, and always consider us, though we may already be adults, their babies? Although we ma

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

Lighter Drinks Avoid Heavy Head A study in the journal Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research finds that lighter colored spirits, such as vodka, may cause lesser hangovers than darker drinks, such as bourbon. Cynthia Graber reports Its the se

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

Welcome to Julissas Quinceaera! 欢迎来到茱丽莎的成人礼 From VOA Learning English, welcome to This Is America. Im Christopher Cruise. And Im Kelly Jean Kelly. Today we meet an American teenager as she celebrates her 15th birthday in the His

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Chinese veteran actor Nie Yuan and actress Charmaine Sheh were on the red carpet for the GQ 2018 Men of the Year annual celebration in Shanghai. Who else was present at the star-studded ceremony? Follow our reporter Wu Yifan to find out more!

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

The bat, the birds,and the beasts There was a big fight between the birds and the beasts. The bat did not join in the fight. Some birds said to the bat,

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

今天我们要学的词是patriotic。 Patriotic, 是爱国的意思。Patriotic songs, 就是爱国歌曲。七月四号是美国独立日。七月四号前后,到处都能看到带有爱国标志的商品。It is estimated that more than three m

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Americans looking to get a taste of Africa can put their passports away. This week, New York City is hosting a week-long celebration of African cuisine and culture. Fill up a plate, and feel the rhythm: It's African restaurant week in New York City.

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年05月

While Chinese people bask in the afterglow of Lunar-New-Year celebrations, a BBC documentary - entitled Chinese New Year, the Biggest Celebration on Earth - is coming to CCTV's documentary channel. It reflects the growing global recognition of the fe

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

新年就要到来。除了自己要有更好的生活和人生态度,这一刻,也值得和你生命中最重要的人分享你的新年寄语!这些送给你们! 关键词: 美国元旦传统: 水晶球倒数,新年之吻 The New Year

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀