Topics: Movies Titanic; The Ford Motor Company and the Model T; holiday versus feast versus celebration; impunity versus retaliation versus notoriety; to think of versus to think about Words: maiden voyage iceberg to sink fictional flashback architec

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

美国华裔移民喜迎春节 Many Asians around the world are preparing to celebrate the Lunar New Year. This year, the year of the horse, begins on the last day of January. Many Asian Americans say celebrating the Lunar New Year in the United Stat

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2014年1月

This is a problem that calls for immediate solution. 这是个迫切需要解决的问题。 call for需要;也指某件事是适宜的,需要的。 Wow! Your birthday is today,that calls for a celebration. 哇!今天是你的生日,那得庆祝

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 蒋健棠英语实用句子

Happy Thanksgiving Day! 感恩节快乐! Happy Thanksgiving Day! 感恩节快乐! Well, do you know anything about Thanksgiving Day? 嗯,你知道感恩节的事情吗? Yes. Thanksgiving Day was about the Pilgrims who settled in the New World. 是

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语口语就该这么说

International Beer Day is a celebration of one of the worlds best-loved drinks. People in almost every country drink beer. Many beer-drinking countries say their countrys beer is the best. The International Beer Day website says the day was created s

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

Guy Fawkes Night is a very British celebration. It celebrates a failed attempt to blow up the Houses of Parliament (thats where Big Ben is) in London. This was probably one of the first examples of terrorism, only it didnt work. It all happened on No

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

Now Your Turn A: Will you be spending the Thanksgiving holiday with us this year? B: No, I'm flying back to the States to spend the holiday with my mother and brother. I haven't seen my family for over a year. You see, Thanksgiving is a big family ho

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 3

Everyone in Hollywood loves a good celebration, but in this case it's taking place in Bollywood. British actress Elizabeth Hurley and her new husband Arun Nayar kicked off their 6-day Indian wedding celebration in Mumbai. The couple married Friday i

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2007

This is AP news minute. 1. More than 1000 people have been rescued in Southern Louisiana from homes, Vehicles and even trees, as the state was hammered with flooding. More rain is expected. Two people have died. 2. Police in Raleigh, North Carolina r

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2016(八)月

1. For me, personally, I think it is just too soon in this process. I think there are a lot of emotions involved here. I think the family needs some time to heal, and a public event and celebration. For me, personally, knowing Bowe, knowing his famil

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2014(六)月

This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. These days, Americans worry most about an economic recovery that President Obama calls painfully slow. But on Saturday millions will remember the day al-Qaida terrorists flew airplanes into the World Trade

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(九)月

White House Celebration Honors Student Poets 奥巴马夫人在白宫为学生诗人颁奖 The American poet Carl Sandburg once said, Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance. Recently five young people were named to lead that dance for the next y

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(九)月

-Mardi Gras is a traditional holiday celebrated in many of the southern states of the USA. The most famous celebration takes place in New Orleans, Louisiana. The people there enjoy this celebration by going to parades where they catch beads, doubloon

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Voice 1 Thank you for joining us for Spotlight. Im Joshua Leo. Voice 2 And Im Liz Waid. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Children Trick or treat! V

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

I love the Olympics. It really is a unique and special world occasion. Theres only one event in the world better than the Olympics, and thats the Football World Cup. Anyway, the Olympics really is a celebration of humanity. The whole world watches an

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正英语一分钟

It was Easter. Her family celebrated Easter. They did it for the kids. They got together at her house. They hired a costumed man to act as the Easter Bunny. The family hid eggs around the house. The kids had to find them. The Easter Bunny helped the

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第3级听力-English Level 3

Part 4. What's your New Year's resolution? Keywords. New Year, celebration, resolution. Vocabulary. signify, folk song, alcohol, resolution, debt, shopaholic, temptation, bargain, Hogmanay, Edinburgh, Glasgow. A. In this part, you are going to hear a

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 step by step 3000 第一册

This is AP news minute. 1. Police in Ohio are urging residents in surrounding states to be on alert, for the man who they say shot and killed elderly pass-by, and then posted gruesome video of the killing on Facebook. Police in the FBI in Cleveland s

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2017(四)月

The Beijing Municipal Bureau of Culture has recently announced the top award of a 2016 zodiac design competition for the year of Monkey goes to a 21-year old college student from Beijing Institute of Graphic Communication. Xue Jiahui named her contes

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

The Spring Festival is the most important holiday for the Chinese people; this year, the Lunar New Year has become an international celebration. In Europe, many countries are participating in the celebration of Chinese Spring Festival, including Brit

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台