London skyline on Monday, many of its landmarks capped in snow. Forecasters said it was the heaviest snowfall for six years, and strongly advised people to stay home. Motorists faced a uphill struggle. Others using public transport found the entire L

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2009年

By Paul Sisco Washington D.C. 24 January 2008 Wing Power, wave power, people power. Italian inventor Lucien Gambarota tries to capitalize on all three. VOA's Paul Sisco explains in this week's Searching for Solutions report. Lucien Gambarota is a vis

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(一月)

Task 2: A Models Description of Her Work Before the fashion show started, we had a rehearsal. In a small room we were each given a space. A dresser got us into the fashion clothes, then an assistant checked that the style was rightthe correct number

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 2

Ed: Hey, Mary, can you cut that out? Mary: Cut what out Im not doing anything. Ed: The tapping of your pen on your desk. Its driving me crazy. Mary:Fine! By the way would you mind not slurping your coffee every time you have a cup! Ed: I dont slurp m

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

It's pop news with a little bit of background music and this morning we begin with this, she has been embraced by the Hollywood community and Lena dunham is proving she is a darling in the fashion world. The creator of HBO Show girls that prides hers

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2014年

Waving a Flag on the Moon 月球上飘扬的国旗 Don: Yal, Im not a conspiracy theorist or anything, butI must admit that those photographs of the moon landing make me suspicious . I mean,the flag in those pictures of Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstro

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

歌词: You look like Georgia On a cool summer day. Your smile hits me like A breeze blowin off the lake. You talk like Kansas You can see to the horizon Theres no place for The words to hide Cause you mean what you say Mean what you say Got a hear

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

Summer Breeze, Makes Me Feel Fine 风是大家最熟悉的自然现象,要了解风的形成必须了解包围着地球的大气的运动。大气的流动也像水流一样是从压力高处往压力低处流。太阳能正是形成大气压差的原

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(172) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest