When the children returned to the laundry room, Sam Jackson had arrived for work. Mrs. Crabtree was scolding Sam. Im pleased you were able to pick up the shipment of new towels, Sam. But I expected you back sooner. Was there a lot of traffic on the m

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 61 The Growling Bear Mystery

Even without pineapples, Pineapple Place was busy. There were nuts to gather, papayas to pick, and chores to do all around the plantation. Over the next couple of days, Cousin Mary couldnt get the Aldens to relax. I have wonderful workers to take car

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 64 The Black Pearl Mystery

13. I release all resistance to money, and I now allow it to flow joyously into my life. My good comes from everywhere and everyone. I get plenty of sleep every night. My body appreciates how I take care of it. I lovingly do everything I can to assis

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 空中美语高级

Christmas Eve 平安夜 Chinese New Years Eve 中国的新年除夕 Happy Holidays!假期愉快 Happy New Year 2015! 新年快乐 Celine Dion 席琳迪翁 Titanic(泰坦尼克号) 《My Heart Will Go On》我心常在 Holy 神圣的 Night 夜晚

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 这句英语怎么说

It was in Paris in the summer of 1840 that I met August Dupin. Dupin was a strangely interesting young man with a busy, forceful mind. He seemed to look right through a person and uncover their deepest thoughts. Sometimes Dupin seemed to be not one,

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(142) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(九)月

WordsandTheirStories:VoicesFrom9-11TellStoryofFast-MovingEvents 词汇典故 - 9.11突发事件录音公布 Now, the VOA Special English program WORDS AND THEIR STORIES. 这里是美国之音慢速英语词汇典故节目。 Today, we tell the story

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Sisters With Voices, The Grammy Comeback Kids Its been 20 years since we first heard from SWV. Originally a gospel group, the trio from New York City had a long string of RB hits in the 1990s, including I'm So Into You, Right Here, Youre The One, and

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(二月)

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning, everybody. I want to speak about the ongoing and increasingly urgent efforts to avoid default and reduce our deficit. Right now, the House of Representatives is still trying to pass a bill that a majority of Republicans a

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统演讲视频

Voice 1 Hello, Im Marina Santee. Voice 2 And Im Joshua Leo. Welcome to Spotlight. This programme uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 Darfur, Sudan. The

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

By Scott Stearns President Bush says the international community must stand united in its opposition to Iran enriching uranium, which the United States believes is part of a secret plan to develop nuc

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--新闻盘点

Broadcast on COAST TO COAST: September 16, 2004 AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster: the voice of American presidents. RS: Allan Metcalf of the American Dialect Society has just written a timely book. It's called Pre

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

Broadcast: July 22, 2004 AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster: a new way to walk through the Web. RS: Infowalker is a free computer program available on the Internet. It's called a browser companion, and the focus is

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

Webb Sisters,来自英国的姐妹花,姐姐Charley会谈竖琴,妹妹Hattie擅长钢琴,两个可爱的女声唱安静缓和的民谣,一大早听真的很舒服。这首1000 Stars出自她们今年5月的新专辑Savages Artist:Webb Sis

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 金属

Artificial Speech Mimics Real Thing 合成声音发展渐入佳境 未来虚拟声音真假难辨 At a University of Arizona laboratory, Professor Brad Story analyzes the voices of singers, actors and public speakers both live and on audio tape. 在亚

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十一月)

Tuesday's comments were the first since Rodrigo Duterte became Philippines president, confirming he was open to talks with China. During the speech before his country's Air Force, he said he wanted friendly relations with China and that he was agains

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

One day you finally knewwhat you had to do, and began,though the voices around youkept shoutingtheir bad advice--有一天,你终于知道,什么是你必须得做,并开始去做,虽然你周围的声音,一直喊出,其各种糟糕的建议

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

Glee第19集插曲又见I dreamed a dream 《悲惨世界》中一曲I dreamed a dream经苏珊大妈一唱红遍全球,拥有诸多音乐剧红人的《欢乐合唱团》剧组自然不会放过这首经典曲目,由Lea Michele和Idina Menzel联袂

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

When Billy Gilman was getting famous all over the world, another genius singer sprung up in Britain as well. He was only ten in that year, younger than Billy, and stroke high wave in Europe with his debut album Declan. He is Declan Galbraith who also

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

《风中奇缘》的故事发生在过去:欧洲新移民抢占了印第安人的土地,用粗暴的方式对待其中的生灵。 出自主人公印第安酋长女儿之口的主题歌《风之彩》,歌词质朴而深刻,完全符合美洲土

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(145) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

Her fingers brushed against rough unfinished stone to her left. She followed the wall, her hand skimming along the surface, taking small gliding steps through the darkness. 左手边,她的指头拂过未完工的粗石表面。她便沿着墙走,手

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》