[00:02.64]We can have a conference. 可以开个家长会 [00:03.04]Oh, Ill just go home now and go to bed and maybe stay there forever. 我只想马上回家, 然后永远呆在床上 [00:10.40]Sarah has a friend who lives practically next door. 莎拉

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-征婚广告

深情爵士男声Michael Buble Haven't Met You Yet Michael Buble I'm Not Surprised Not Everything Lasts I've Broken My Heart So Many Times, I Stop Keeping Track. Talk Myself In I Talk Myself Out I Get All Worked Up And Then I Let Myself Down. I Trie

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(248) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

A large new study has documented unexpected links in the timing and severity of symptoms of maternal depression, which could help mothers and doctors better anticipate and treat the condition. 一项新的大型研究记录了孕产妇抑郁症的发作

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Former UK PM David Cameron has stood down as an MP, triggering a by-election in his Oxfordshire seat of Witney. 前英国首相大卫卡梅隆辞去议员职务,促使牛津郡威特尼选区举行递补选举。 Mr Cameron, 49, who resigned as pri

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Not just those of us lucky enough to go to HBS 不仅是那些能到HBS读书的幸运儿 but anyone with access to Facebook, to Twitter, to a mobile phone 而是任何能上Facebook Twitter或者有手机的人 This is disrupting traditional power s

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

We spent part of every day together for the next week. I knew I was falling in love, but dared not speak it. I couldn't upset our chances for a lifetime. 在之后的一个星期里,我们每天都会

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Tesco's accounting problems 乐购财务危机 Not so funny 不那么有趣 Booking revenues, like comedy, is all about timing 预估收益和喜剧一样,把握时机很重要 IT IS too soon to say whether the accounting misstatement at Tesco was

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人财经系列

Some Britons love ringing church bells so much that they think it ought to be an Olympic sport. 一些英国人如此喜爱在教堂敲钟,以致觉得它该被列为奥运会项目。 There are magazines devoted to bell ringing, there are bell-rin

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

步行速度与寿命之间的关系 People the world over are living longer, and now a new study shows who is likely to live the longest. The information could help doctors and others, including the elderly, plan goals for treatment and care. 全世界

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

1. Poor Timing 1.选错了要加薪的时间 While it's not a marriage proposal, asking for a raise is an important question.Timing is key! Did you request a raise in June, when the general company policy is to make decisions at the end of the year?

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

We assume that most of our readers are really smart shoppers, but there may be some of you who might be missing the mark of getting great deals only because of bad timing. Yes, were talking about the top 5 items you should buy only when theres a sale

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小短文

At the board meeting on April 11, Sculley officially reported that4月11日的董事会会议上,斯卡利正式提出, he wanted to ask Jobs to step down as the head of the Macintosh division and focus instead on new product development. 自己想

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

创业本身是一所更大的学校,甜酸苦辣咸五味俱全。创过业的人通常比常人更懂事,更了解社会、更理解价值、更善于做决定、更有人缘、更有钱、更热爱自由,当然也会更加感叹世间善恶和

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

As a recent college grad, I was starting to figure out this adult life thing I got a job, found a place to live and managed to balance a social life with these new 9-5 responsibilities. Things were going according to plan, until they weren't. I lost

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

WASHINGTON, June 17 (Xinhua) -- The Federal Reserve signaled that it was on track to move the benchmark interest rate this year despite the lower-than-expected economic outlook. In its quarterly economic projections, 15 out of the 17 Fed board member

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Nervous about flying? There's an app for that. 乘飞机感到焦虑?现在有帮你克服焦虑的手机应用诞生啦。 A new app, called 'Am I Going Down?', calculates a plane's chances of crashing in an effort to put apprehensive passengers a

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Animation 动画 The digital animation business at Pixar--the group that made little animated films--was originally just a sideline, 皮克斯的数字动画业务--制作动画短片的团队--最初只是副业, its main purpose being to show off

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

An explosion Monday damaged a public restroom at a controversial shrine in Tokyo that honors Japanese war dead, with police suspecting foul play. No one was injured. 周一,日本参拜靖国神社当场发生爆炸,一个公共卫生间遭到破坏

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Life at age twenty seven is nothing what I envisioned when I was a child. I imagined by age twenty seven I would be in a serious relationship border line marriage, owning my own place, a successful career, being financially secure, and living life to

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Business 商业报道 Samsung 三星 Fluffed lines 忘词 The South Korean giant has a lousy start to the new year 韩国巨头新年出师不利 THE last 51 weeks of 2014 will be better than the first one. 2014年过去的51周都比新年的第一周

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列