Taekwondo—When East Meets West More than a thousand years ago, Korean warriors developed unarmed self-defense techniques to complement their skills with weapons. Martial art masters united the uniqu

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2004年

On December 25, 2000, many people across North America received a rare Christmas treat when the moon passed in front of the sun resulting in a partial solar eclipse. Solar eclipses occur when the moon passes between the Earth and the sun, and the moo

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 听英文对话做选择

Part A 1 W: I'm not swimming in the lake unless it warms up outside today. M: Me neither. Unfortunately I think it's supposed to stay as cold all day. Q: What can be inferred about the speakers? 2 M: that sweater is so unusual, and yet it looks fami

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 历年托福听力考试

If you are not in the habit of having breakfast, then you should start doing so. A recent study shows that not only is breakfast the most important meal of the day, but it is also important to eat it

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(419) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄中级美国英语

The feeling, um, of blocking a shot in that moment, you know, you leave your feet and you go up, and once your hands make contact with that ball, and you see that ball sent back the other way. You know its just a sign of, you know, not in my house, y

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2009

Science and Technology The fight against AIDS HIV's slow retreat 科技 与艾滋病之战 艾滋病的缓慢退却 One of the world's worst plagues is giving ground 抗击艾滋病:显现曙光 THE timing of the pope's much-discussed change of pos

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

Circumcision in Germany 割礼在德国 Incisive arguments 激烈的争辩 A row over a ruling that circumcision for non-medical reasons is a crime 法院对出于非医疗原因实行割礼构成犯罪的裁定引发争议 The parents, both Muslims,

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人财经系列

and see that its only 6:30. Im too restless to get back into bed. I walk into the kitchenette in search of coffee. All the counters and the stove are covered with stacks of dishes, magazines, and other reading material. Theres even a sock in the sink

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 时间旅行者的妻子

Terry, good to see you. 特里,很高兴见到你 Yeah. Always had good timing. 你总是适时出现 Mike, you're a sight. 迈克,见到你我也很高兴 Tom. How are the boys? They're good. 汤姆,那些孩子怎么样了。挺好的 You're

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 陨落星辰第一季

Hey, relax. Relax. Just relax. 放轻松,放轻松,放松就好 You're safe. You're in the hospital. 你安全了,现在在医院里 What happened? 发生了什么 I back traced your signal. 我反追踪到你的信号 I cleaned you up and got

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

WASHINGTON, July 19 (Xinhua) -- The number of Americans initially applying for unemployment aid last week rose sharply after hitting a record low since mid-May in the previous week, the U.S. Labor Department reported Thursday. The figure for seasonal

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Running a Meeting 主持会议The following phrases are used to conduct a meeting. These phrases are useful if you are called on to conduct a meeting. 1、Opening 宣布会议开始Good morning/afternoon, everyone. If we are all here, lets get star

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 天天商务口语

A pile of dirty dishes, leaving the toilet seat up and coming home drunk from the pub are just some of the scenarios that can spark blazing rows up and down the country. 一堆脏盘子,马桶坐便圈没放下,从酒吧喝得烂醉回家,这些事

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

One of the most common requirements of business English is holding meetings in English. The following sections provide useful language and phrases for conducting meetings and making contributions to a meeting. Meetings generally follow a more or less

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 天天商务口语

With 24 hours to go before another summit, European leaders were scrambling Tuesday to complete a plan to resolve the continent's governmental debt contagion. The outline of a package of reforms is emerging, but details have yet to be set. The plan c

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Why are you in Port Angeles? 为什么你会在天使港? He looked down, folding his large hands together slowly on the table. 他低下头,慢慢地把放在桌上的两只大手叠到一起。 His eyes flickered up at me from under his lashes,

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(19) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

Finance and economics: Inequality in Japan The secure v the poor 财经:日本社会的不平等,稳定工作者与穷人 The problem is not the super-rich. 问题不在于巨富之人。 IN THOMAS PIKETTY'S bestseller, Capital in the Twenty-Firs

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人财经系列

大马士革邀请友好国家观察叙利亚的总统选举 DAMASCUS, May 5 (Xinhua) -- The Syrian parliament said on Monday that it had sent invitations to lawmakers from 11 friendly countries to attend the June 3 presidential elections. Syria's pa

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Each human being is born as something new, something that never existed before. Each is born with the capacity to win at life. Each person has a unique way of seeing, hearing, touching, tasting and thinking. Each has his or her own unique potentials

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

英国人讨厌的美式英语(2) 英式英语和美式英语本就是萝卜白菜各有所爱,英式英语注重语法严谨,而美国人就很随意,还会不断创造出流行词。这正是两国文化的不同,英国人喜欢遵守传统

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语