ECONOMICS REPORT - Allowance Helps Children Learn About Money By Mario Ritter / Broadcast: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 16:00:00 UTC This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. Starting young to teach financial literacy Many children first learn the value

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(十一)月

A Halloween Special: The Devil is Everywhere ... 万圣节特辑:魔鬼无处不在 Now, the VOA Learning English program Words and Their Stories. Many expressions in American English come from the world of religion. Some common idioms are based on h

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

翻译是英语学习的基本功,那么如何学好翻译呢?可以在平时积累一些词汇并进行不断的练习,那么请跟随小编从基本的翻译练习学起吧! 原文: 作为中国传统的民间艺术,吹糖人(Sugar Figu

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级写作指导

Asia's largest airline, China Southern, is to fly A380s between Sydney and its base in Guangzhou in the second half of this year. The airline has mostly been flying its five A380s on some of the shortest routes in the world for superjumbos, from Guan

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

Hey, Im Anderson Cooper. Welcome to the podcast in the 360 exclusive. The mother of a slain Border Patrol Agent, whose death sparked the Fast and Furious gun running scandal speaking out. Lets get started. For months, as you know, we've been covering

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2012年(七)月

Rebecca: So, Gareth, is England a safe place to live? Gareth: Um, to be honest, no. I don't think so, but I haven't lived in England for quite a few years now, so I don't know what it's like now. But when I left, no. I can remember like walking back

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

A: Mary, what a surprise! B: I am so glad you are home! Josh and I thought that we'd take a chance and stop by for a visit. A: Your timing is perfect! B: It's been a long time since we've stopped by. A: Mary, Josh, would either of you like something

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 社交英语

[ti:] [ar:] [al:] [by:] [00:00.97] We Did lt! 我们成功了 ! [00:07.77]Children were enthusiastically rehearsing [00:11.40]and decorating the rural school for their approaching concert. [00:15.74]As I glanced up from my teachers desk, [00:18.72]

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 温馨夜读

(MA) Now, you've been reading articles about the tremendous damage done to life and property by earthquakes. That's why seismologists have been working so hard to develop methods of earthquake prediction. We can now predict earthquake [assertively]

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 托福听力短文

Jet Lag: Prevention and Cure The problem of Jet Lag is one every international traveller comes across at some time. But do you have to suffer? Understand what it is, and how a careful diet can minimiz

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

Fire Regime 火 Fire was a creation of life -- born from oxygen and organic matter -- ignited by lightning. Thus fire has been a fundamental feature of the Earth for at least 400 million years. A scientist talks about fire -- today on Earth and Sky.

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 (科普英语)Earth and Sky

Is He or She THE ONE? How can you know the person you are dating is THE ONE? Recently, a friend of mine told me she bought a popular magazine targeting younger women that had the headline Is He Really The One? She said it was the reason she bought t

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽英文

Given life's variables, I would never recommend that every woman lean in regardless of circumstances. 考虑到生活的各种变数,我从不会建议每位女性在任何环境下都要向前一步,积极进取, There have been times when I c

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 向前一步

Daytime Wounds Heal Faster A new study suggests that the timing of a wound affects the speed at which it heals. 一项新研究表明,受伤的时间点会影响伤口愈合的速度。 Wounds suffered during the day heal around 60 percent faster t

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

T tactical factors:战术因素。 tailor:拖车。 tap in:托球入篮。 target:瞄准点,投篮瞄准的点。 team capacity:团队能力。 team rebound:团队篮板;指篮板球非经单人能力,或非经个人因素抢夺称之

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

奥运会的水上运动包括:Swimming(游泳),Water polo(水球),Diving(跳水),and Synchronized swimming(花样游泳) Swimming has been on the Olympic Games programme since the first modern Olym

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

HONG KONG The Japanese public pays careful attention to the words and deeds of Caroline Kennedy, the United States ambassador to Japan and one of the State Departments best-known diplomats. 香港对于美国驻日大使、国务院最为人所熟知的

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

辛酸 甜蜜 就这样爱着你:Love Like Woe The Ready Set 是一个20岁的美国另类摇滚、电子和流行音乐歌手,2010年他发行了自己的首张专辑I'm Alive, I'm Dreaming,其中这首Love Like Woe欢欣活泼的旋律,听来就

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 甜蜜英文歌曲

We're stop motion animated Our colors blurred and lines faded And now we see only black and white Come on gotta get through the night We star in these minor catastrophes Ones where the past keeps on creeping up on me Your eyes are sad but you're stil

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 电影英文歌曲

'Libya Can be Important Partner in Fight Against Terrorism', says Blair Kerry Sheridan British Prime Minister Tony Blair said Libya can be an important partner in the fight against international terro

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(271) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--各类新闻