INTRODUCTION TO ACT I Today on TUNING IN THE U.S.A., were in New York City with Richard and his wife Marilyn. They are in a large music hall waiting for a concert to begin. While the musicians tune their instruments, Richard and Marilyn feel happy to

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(144) / 评论(0) 分类 欢乐美语

And you have a dog that you rescued from a pound in Louisiana,right? 你有只狗 手从路易斯安那州的一个收留所里救出来的 对吧 And what's the name of your dog? He's called Bear. Bear. It's a good name for dog. 你的狗叫什么名字

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之商务英语

C Narrator: Spell correctly the names of the following persons associated with Scotland: i. John Knox - (religious leader who helped shape the democratic Scottish government) ii. Robert Louis Stevenson - (one of the best-loved authors of classics'Tre

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 202 Useful Exercises for IELTS

Take a Loving Look How we see our partners often depends more on how we are than how they are.Husbands and wives are not audience, but participant observers in each other's lives. Before we were married, my husband was a caring, energetic man, a wif

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 有声杂志阅读

CHRISTOPHER CRUISE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. Im Christopher Cruise. FAITH LAPIDUS: And Im Faith Lapidus. Some jobs require little or no creativity. Other jobs are all about creativity. This week on our program, we meet two A

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(一)月

In the grips of a deep recession and an unrelenting debt crisis, the Greek cabinet has approved a budget for parliamentary consideration. The spending plan includes a decision to cut civil service staff by 30,000 by the end of the year. The next inst

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

Then I told them what I had learned about Charles Strickland in Tahiti. 这以后我把我听到的查理斯·思特里克兰德在塔希提的情形给他们讲了一遍。I thought it unnecessary to say anything of Ata and her boy, but for the rest

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 月亮和六便士

一个人拥有梦想其实并不是一件难事,你可以同时拥有很多想法,同时想做很多事情,但有梦想和实现梦想完全是两回事。很多人不是无梦可做,而是梦想在不断的思索中夭折。要知道,一个

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 112 The Ghost in the First Row

Discount 折扣 A: Even with volume sales, our costs for the Exec Uciser won't go down much. 即使是大量销售,我们的健身乐生产成本仍无法降低太多。 B: Just what are you proposing? 那么你的建议是? A: We could take a cu

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 外贸英语一点通

唐顿庄园第一季第二集_6 [EXT. DOWNTON ABBEY, FRONT WALK - NIGHT] VIOLET, DOWAGER COUNTESS OF GRANTHAM I'm sorry Mary was rather sharp this evening. [Matthew chuckles.] MATTHEW CRAWLEY I doubt Cousin Mary and I are destined to be close friend

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 唐顿庄园第一季

This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science, Im Steve Mirsky.Got a minute? The 2010 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine goes to 85-year-old Robert Edwards of England, for the development of in vitro fertilization. The Karolinska Institutes Chris

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十)月

迷你新闻 经济学人 广播 VOA慢 VOA常 BBC CNN NPR FOX PBS 口语提升 英语口语 情景会话 背句子 口语秀 能力提升 新概念 背单词 天天练 改作文 双语阅读 影视英语 英文歌曲 单词|语法 英语考试 四级

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英美文化

Natalie: 2 million high school seniors are gearing up this fall to apply to nearly 3,500 US colleges. So, which are the strongest academically that're toughest to get into, and yah, of course top part

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录

A MIDNIGHT LION HUNT 午夜猎狮 Robert, David, and Douglas 作者:罗伯特、大卫和道格拉斯 Mr.and Mrs.Martin Johnson are famous for the moving pictures of wild animals they have taken in many parts of the world. 马丁约翰逊夫妇因他

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材5

VOICE ONE: This is Stan Busby. VOICE TWO: And this is Rich Kleinfeldt with THE MAKING OF A NATION -- a VOA Special English program about the history of the United States. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Nineteen sixty-eight was a presidential election year in th

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(五)月

Well, thought Monsieur Rose, Ill get even with him tomorrow. Tomorrow where would he be tomorrow? He knew there was an airfield not far away, and an army camp a bit farther on. Even farther away there were railway lines, bridges, and large factories.

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇小说

GWEN IFILL: A new initiative designed to make soccer safer for young players was just announced by the U.S. Soccer Federation. The new rule would set limits on how much players could use their heads to physically hit the ball. The hope is that it wou

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈健康系列

唐顿庄园第二季第七集_3 [INT. DRAWING ROOM - EVENING] ROBERT, EARL OF GRANTHAM I nearly came down in a dinner jacket tonight. VIOLET, DOWAGER COUNTESS OF GRANTHAM Really? Well, why not a dressing gown? Or, better still, pyjamas? ROBERT, EARL

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 唐顿庄园第二季

唐顿庄园第二季第六集_8 [INT. LIBRARY - EVENING] ROBERT, EARL OF GRANTHAM Im sorry if its a bit of a crush. I didnt want to be overheard. VIOLET, DOWAGER COUNTESS OF GRANTHAM Are we talking financial ruin? Or criminal investigation? ROBERT,

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 唐顿庄园第二季

2 US scientists share 2012 Chemistry Nobel Two American researchers have won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for studies of protein receptors that let body cells sense and respond to outside signals. The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences says Robert Lef

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻视频