Ending a Party Gunther: I think this party has run its course and Im ready to call it a night. Maria: But there are still a few stragglers who seem reluctant to leave. How do we politely tell them to go home? Gunther: Ill just make an announcement. M

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之餐饮娱乐

A: Hey, what's up? B: Nothing really. A: I'm throwing a party on Friday. B: I didn't realize that. A: You didn't? B: Nobody has told me anything about your party. A: Did you want to go? B: When does it start? A: At 8:00 p.m. B: I'll be there. A: I'd

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 英语闲谈

A: What's going on? B: Not much. A: This Friday, I'm throwing a party. B: Oh really? I didn't know that. A: Are you serious? B: I haven't heard anything about it. A: Can you make it? B: What time does it start? A: The party starts at 8. B: Yeah, I th

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英语闲谈

02A Birthday Party GLOSSARY last minute the latest possible time before something happens; without very much notice before something happens* We wanted to go to the movies together, but at the last minute, Becca decidednot to go because she had a hea

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之日常生活

LISTENING 2 Talk About a Housewarming Party 讨论乔迁派对 Vocabulary 接下来听到的对话中,用到了 1~4 所列出的词汇和句子,请从( A ) ~ ( F )中选出意思最近的选项。至于第 5 个 this coming Saturday ,请在

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 听见英国

No one now living in the United States can remember when the contest began between the Democratic and the Republican parties. It has been going on for more than a century, making it one of the oldest political rivalries in the world. The American pol

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

欢乐派对 Jason Aldean - My Kinda Party 《My Kinda Party》是美国乡村歌手Jason Aldean 2010年底发行的全新专辑,发行时间2010年11月2日。同名单曲My Kinda Party目前为乡村单曲榜第12位。此专辑收录了与流行歌

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 夏日清新英文歌曲

Nearly four weeks after President Robert Mugabe signed a memorandum of understanding on negotiations with his political opponents, his ZANU-PF party is accused of violating the crucial clause requiring that he lift the ban on non-governmental organi

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(八月)

Labour's Prime Minister Gordon Brown (right) and Liberal Democrat Party leader Nick Clegg (center) listen to Conservative leader David Cameron (left) during Britain's second televised election debate being braodcast from Bristol, 22 Apr 2010 Britain'

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(四)月

The grassroots cause known as the Tea Party movement has brought its demands for lower taxes and smaller government to Washington. The Tea Party rally in Washington was the final stop on a nearly three-week national tour. After stops in 48 cities in

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(四)月

Vietnam's ruling Communist Party has picked new leaders at a meeting in the capital Hanoi. Analysts say despite concerns about economic instability there were no surprises and the current Prime Minister, Nguyen Tan Dung, looks set to retain his job.

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(一月)

Islamic Party Claims Victory in Tunisia Election Tunisia turns to creating a new constitution and interim government, as election results on Tuesday confirmed a first-place finish by the moderate Islamic party Ennahdha. Two days after casting their b

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十月)

Colette Carr原名Colette Mary Carr,出生于1991年1月6日,是一位美国女歌手、歌曲作者(原创歌手)、说唱歌手,工作在加利福尼亚州的洛杉矶或马里布与Interscope唱片签约。2009年发行了首张单曲Bac

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

I'm calling the police, Barry said. I'm glad you're calling the police, Ruth said. Barry and Ruth had a nice house. They had a nice, quiet house. They had nice neighbors. They had nice, quiet neighbors. But tonight, their neighbors were not quiet. Th

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第1级听力-English Level 1

图片1 Do you like to go to parties? Are there usually any party poopers? A party pooper is someone who is not having fun and does not create more fun. Another expression that we talk about is a wet blanket. That doesnt sound like very much fun does

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

By Nancy-Amelia Collins Singapore 06 May 2006 Singapore's ruling People's Action Party won Saturday's general election with a landslide victory, securing a strong mandate for the two year old leadersh

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(五月)

By Peter Heinlein Addis Ababa 02 November 2009 Ethiopia's ruling party and three opposition groups have agreed on a Code of Conduct for parliamentary elections scheduled for next May. Other opposition parties that boycotted the Code of Conduct talks

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十一月)

The new regulation mainly targets leaders of Party committees and discipline inspection bodies at various levels, and holds them responsible for serious consequences caused by negligence or poor work performance. Officials will be held responsible fo

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

With the International Criminal Court considering a request to issue an arrest warrant for Sudanese president Omar al-Bashir, Sudan's political parties - often at odds with the government - have come to the president's defense. As Derek Kilner repor

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(八月)

A: Hello! B: Hello! Marry! This is Mike. A: Mike! Nice to hear from you again. How are you? B: Fine, thanks. And you? A: Oh, not bad. B: Good. Listen. Im phoning because I want to invite you to a party. At our new house. And... A: New house? Really?

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(273) / 评论(0) 分类 突破英文对话