Y : Something smells good. P: I've prepared some steak today for the tailgating party I'm having. Y: 虽然我不知道什么是tailgating party, 可是我想知道Am I invited? P: Of course you are invited. Yang Chen. Tailgating is when football f

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 体育美语

The 15-member Southern Africa Development Community on Friday declared Zimbabwe's elections free and peaceful. Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe's Zanu-PF party has taken well over 50-percent of the parliamentary seats in the general elections. Whil

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

Farewell party invitation A: Susan? Were having a farewell party for John Anderson today. B: What time? Id like to go, but my calendar is really full today. A: Were starting at 12:00 and itll go on for the rest of the afternoon. B: Ill try to make it

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 办公室英语口语

A: Hey, Robert, what are you doing this weekend? B: didn't have any big plans. A:We are putting together a birthday party for Mary. B: That sounds like fun. Where will it be? A: We thought it would be fun to have a pool party at Jay's house. B: Oh go

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 社交-Socializing

[00:00.00]Unit 8 Party animals 3 While you read [00:10.50]Rave to the grave [00:14.65]A rave party nearly ended in tragedy last night, [00:20.72]when over a hundred people fell through the floor [00:25.57]of the fourth-floor flat they were dancing in

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 创新国际英语教程 学生用书 3

By Benjamin Sand North Korean and U.S. officials met this week to discuss the nuclear standoff on the Korean Peninsula. It appears they came no closer to resuming multilateral talks on ending Pyongyan

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--新闻盘点

It was Susans birthday party. She was seven years old. She was born July 18. She was in second grade. She had many friends. She had friends in school. She had friends at church. She had friends in swim class. She had friends in dance class. Nancy was

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

By Anjana Pasricha New Delhi 26 October 2006 In Bangladesh, the ruling party has been hit by political defections just as it gets ready to hand over power to a caretaker administration ahead of national elections. The ruling party is also locked in

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十月)

Whoaaaa oooh The clock hit twelve as she entered the room But if looks could kill then we all would be doomed With just one kiss youre not able to move From her venomous lips and her poison perfume She started swayin so sexy and lookin at me And it g

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

歌词: You don't get them girls loose loose You don't get the world loose loose You don't get money move move But I do I do You don't get them girls loose loose You don't get the world loose loose You don't get money move move But I do I do I said

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 舞曲狂欢

Japan's Prime Minister Naoto Kan, left, sits with Ethiopia's Prime Minister Meles Zenawi during the G8 Summit in Ontario, Canada, 25 Jun 2010 (file photo) Ethiopia's 2010 election all but wiped out the country's once vibrant political opposition. Thi

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(八)月

A: Hey Joe, how's it going? B: Oh good, Mary. I was hoping I'd see you today. Would you like to come to a party on Friday night? A: A party would be a perfect way to end the week! B: Good! Do you need my address? A: I've been to your house once, but

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 社交英语

Unit 113 When is the party? When is the party? 聚会是几点钟? When is the game? 是哪天比赛? When is the picnic? 什么时候野餐啊? When is the movie? 几点的电影啊? When is the test? 哪天考核? When is the play? 哪天上

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 傻瓜机从零开始学英语

Camille worked with Bonnie. She borrowed things from Bonnie. She forgot to return them. She never said good morning to Bonnie in the morning. She never said good night to Bonnie in the evening. She never went to lunch with Bonnie. A week before the o

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

He was getting ready for the party. The party was at night. It was going to be a big party. All his friends were going. He never went to parties. This was his first time going to one. He was nervous. He was excited. He was a shy guy. He did not talk

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第3级听力-English Level 3

life of the party 聚会中活跃气氛的中心人物 life of the party用来说某一种人。什么样的人呢?我们听个例子来体会吧。这个小伙子要向我们介绍他妹妹 Jenny, 听了他的描述,你一定觉得Jenny是非常讨

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

我们上次讲了好几个美国人有关宴会或者聚会的说法。很多美国人确实爱热闹,一有适当的机会大家就会聚在一起乐一下。除了我们上次介绍的几种说法以外,还有其他一些有关聚会场合的习

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

OSAKA, Dec. 28 (Xinhua) -- Japan's antinuclear Tomorrow Party on Friday split into two groups only a month after its inception due to internal conflicts over personnel matters, local press reported. Yukiko Kada, governor of Shiga Prefecture and the f

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Considered the most important agreement since the six-party talks were launched in 2003, the Sep 19 document stressed the aim that the Korean Peninsula will be denuclearized in a peaceful manner. Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi says the joint statem

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

白洁和纽约市的 @OMG美语 粉丝们一起开PARTY了!玩儿得非常开心啊! 我们今天一起来看看NYC粉丝们从 OMG美语 学到了什么有用美语说法!1) settle down 跟女友/男友定下来 2) selfie 自拍的照片 3)

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 OMG美语