THIS IS AMERICA - Social Scientists Rethink City Living SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Shirley Griffith. STEVE EMBER: And I'm Steve Ember. This week on our program, we tell you why an economist has written a

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(208) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Edward's arms wound around me as the next song started. It was a little up-tempo for slow dancing, but that didn't seem to concern him. 当另一首舞曲开始的时候,爱德华的胳膊环绕着我。这对慢舞来说节奏有点快,但这似乎

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

[00:01.82]You shouldn't swear. There's ladies present. 别乱骂人,这里有女生 [00:02.42]- Shit. - Damn. -赛啦 -去死 [00:05.02]Screw. 靠 [00:06.98]Turn off your flashlights. She'll see you! 快关掉手电筒,她会看到的! [00:07.0

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-大鱼

Trebuchets began in the Far East, in China. But what they were there, were hand-pulled machines, worked by quite large teams of men.

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 中世纪攻城战

abrest Africans avert brandy ceremony cognac complimentary confidentially constrained contemplation demonstrator deserted disgusting envy exhibit expel flat for God's sake goodwill herald inarticulateness incomprehensible indisputably insoluble jubil

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 128 The Zombie Project

She glanced over her shoulder at Edward, lying with his eyes closed in the chair. You didn't tell me you had such good friends in Forks. 她越过自己的肩膀,瞥了一眼爱德华,后者依然躺在那张椅子上,紧紧地闭着双眼。你还

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

Mom! I whispered, my voice full of love and relief. 妈妈!我低声说着,我的声音里充满了热爱和宽慰。 She took in Edward's still form on the recliner, and tiptoed to my bedside. 爱德华依旧维持着一动不动地睡在躺椅上

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

I shivered, imagining only too clearly what he described the alley at night, the frightened girl, the dark man behind her. 我颤抖着,太过清晰地想象出了他所描述的情景深夜的小巷,受惊的女孩,尾随着她的那个阴暗的

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

法国敦促美国解释间谍报告 PARIS, June 30 (Xinhua) -- French Foreign Affairs Minister Laurent Fabius on Sunday called on Washighton to explain spying allegations on European Union (EU) offices in Washington, Brussels and at the United Natio

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

清新午后:微软智能手机Kin广告歌Home 微软公司推出了一款智能手机Kin,长得小巧玲珑,并主打社交运用功能。在它的广告片里有一首一听钟情、又欢快无比的歌曲Home,来自独立乐团Edward Sha

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英文广告歌曲

You owe me an explanation, I reminded him. 你欠我一个解释。我提醒他。 I saved your life I don't owe you anything. 我救了你的命我啥也不欠你的。 I flinched back from the resentment in his voice. 他语气里充满了愤懑,把

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

I wanted very much to talk to him, and the day after the accident I tried. 我很想跟他谈谈,而且事故发生的当天我就试过了。 The last time I'd seen him, outside the ER, we'd both been so furious. 我最后一次见到他的时候,

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

I leaned forward on the table, resting my chin on my folded arms, 我向桌子倾下身去,把下颚放在交叠的小臂上, my hidden fingers gripping the table's edge as I fought to ignore the irrational longing that unsettled me. 我隐藏起来

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(236) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

Edward flashed a dark look at her. 爱德华阴沉地扫了她一眼。 Hi, Alice, I murmured shyly. 你好,爱丽丝。我羞涩地低声说道。 Are you ready? she asked him. 你准备好了吗?她问他。 His voice was aloof. Nearly. I'll me

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

1)who, whom, that 这些词代替的先行词是人的名词或代词,在从句中作主语和宾语。例如: Is he the man who/that wants to see you? 他就是你想见的人吗?(who/that在从句中作主语) He is the man whom/ that I saw yes

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

WASHINGTON, July 25 (Xinhua) -- A U.S. Senate panel on Thursday approved an amendment to State Department funding bill aimed at pressuring Russia and other countries against giving asylum to Edward Snowden, the National Security Agency (NSA) surveill

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Well,have a seat,have a seat,It is a huge show,Tonoy.Yes,it's big.It's a big huge giant.It's a extra large show.yes,yes. 大家请坐 请坐 Tony 今天节目会很热闹 Tony 今天的节目会很热闹 是啊 很受瞩目 是一个盛大的聚会 超

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 艾伦脱口秀

The Danes had been driven away and now (it was early in the eleventh century) another Saxon king, Edward the Confessor, was on the throne. 丹麦人终于被赶走,一个撒克逊人做了国王,他被叫做忏悔者爱德华。 But Edward was no

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生人类历史

I believe he believes that he was a real priest.There's something going on here.Was he a real priest? 我相信他自己会相信他是个牧师 因为他脑子里想着这件事 他是真的牧师吗 He was likely just show how much will pay attenti

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 艾伦脱口秀

倾听是一种了解别人的方式,更是一种与人交往的智慧。倾听的本质是对他人的一份尊重与认可以及爱的体现。在《少有人走的路》这本书里,是这样描述倾听的: 真正的倾听,意味着把注意

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语