文本: Edward, who needed no tutorials on the connectionsbetween ceremonies and power, immediately took this as a slap in the face, anact of virtual rebellion. In 1276, a huge army, the biggest seen in Britain since the Norman Conquest, invaded Gw

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(21) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

Edward, who needed no tutorials on the connections between ceremonies and power, immediately took this as a slap in the face, an act of virtual rebellion. In 1276, a huge army, the biggest seen in Britain since the Norman Conquest, invaded Gwynedd ,

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

Edward, who needed no tutorials on the connectionsbetween ceremonies and power, immediately took this as a slap in the face, anact of virtual rebellion. In 1276, a huge army, the biggest seen in Britain since the Norman Conquest, invaded Gwynedd, pen

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

But of course I wasn't sure, it was just a hunch. I usually get a feeling about the prey that I'm hunting, a sixth sense, 不过,当然,我没法确定,这只是一种直觉。我通常能从我所狩猎的猎物身上得到感觉, if you wil

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

I'd seen Dr. Cullen before, of course, yet I couldn't help but be struck again by his youth, his outrageous perfection. 当然,我之前见过卡伦医生,但我还是情不自禁地被他的年轻,他可恶的完美震撼了。 At his side was

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

They stared at me, stunned. 他们都震惊地看着我。 It's not a bad idea, really. Emmett's surprise was definitely an insult. 这主意不坏,真的。艾美特的惊讶显然有些傲慢无礼。 It might workand we simply can't leave her fa

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

Emmett? I asked, looking pointedly at my hands. 艾美特?我问道,用强调的目光看着自己的手。 Oh, sorry. He let me loose. 哦,对不起。他放开了我。 A few minutes passed in silence, other than the roar of the engine. Then

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

I think you should let me go alone, I said even more quietly. 我想你得让我一个人开车。我更加平静地说道。 He heard that. 他听到了。 Bella, please just do this my way, just this once, he said between clenched teeth. 贝拉,求

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

Charlie was waiting up for me. All the house lights were on. 查理正等着我。屋里所有的灯都开着。 My mind was blank as I tried to think of a way to make him let me go. This wasn't going to be pleasant. 我试图想出让他放我离开的

No. Edward was absolute. 不。爱德华很坚决。 He's no match for us, Edward. He won't be able to touch her. 他根本赢不了我们,爱德华。他甚至没有机会摸到她的半根头发。 He'll wait. 他会等着的。 Emmett smiled. I

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

Shall we go down? Esme asked in her soft, melodic voice, 我们要过去了吗?艾思梅用她温柔的,优美的声线问道, and I realized I was staring openmouthed after him. 我这才意识到自己一直贪婪地注视着他的背影。 I

Was that a strike? I whispered to Esme. 那是一个好球吗?我对艾思梅耳语道。 If they don't hit it, it's a strike, she told me. 如果他们不挥棒的话,这就是个好球。她告诉我。 Jasper hurled the ball back to Alice's wa

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

I could hear the sound from the TV rising up the stairs. 我能听到楼梯下传来的电视声。 I banged the bathroom door loudly, so Charlie wouldn't come up to bother me. 我砰地一声用力关上了门,这样查理就不会上来烦我了。

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

08 Being Clumsy GLOSSARY to have two left feet to be a bad dancer, not knowing how to move ones feet * He likes to watch people dance, but he never joins them because he has two left feet. clumsy moving awkwardly; not being able to control the moveme

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之就医和人际交往

-Bella: You know, your mood swings are kind of giving me whiplash. whiplash: [ˈwɪplʃ]鞭打 -Edward: I only said it'd be better if we weren't friends, not that I didn't wanna be. -Bella: What does that mean? -Edward: It means if you were smart, yo

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

-Edward: Listen to me. James is a tracker. The hunt is his obsession. (tracker: ['trkər]追踪者 obsession: [əb'seʃn]痴迷) I read his mind. My reaction on the field set him off. (set off: 引起,激起) I just made this his most exciting game

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

Bella: You're really not gonna eat? -Edward: No, I'm on a special diet. -Bella: You gotta give me some answers. -Edward: Yes, no. To get to the other side. 1.77245... -Bella: I don't want to know what the square root of pi is. -Edward: You knew that?

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

The next day the four Aldens walked to the store and bought lots of groceries to stock Edwards cupboards. They carried sack loads of apples, milk, bread, eggs, chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, oranges, grapes, peas, green beans, orange juice, cere

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 26 The Mystery of the Mixed-Up

Benny, awakening before anyone else, climbed down the bunks ladder and tiptoed to the closet. He pulled on pants and a shirt. Then he sat by the window to wait until Henry woke up. After a few minutes, unable to wait any longer, he went over to Henry

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 26 The Mystery of the Mixed-Up

Duke Ellington and His Jazz Orchestra Were Famous Around the WorldWritten by Paul Thompson (THEME) VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Ray Freeman with the VOA Special English program, People in America. Every week we tell about a per

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事