16 Traveling Over the Holidays GLOSSARY battle the act of two or more people or groups fighting each other; one fight ina war; one of many fights * How many soldiers and how many innocent people died in the battle? holiday travel the period of time i

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之旅行交通购物

13 Taking the Driving Test GLOSSARY driving test an exam that must be passed to receive permission to drive,where one drives a car while the examiner sits in the passenger seat, givinginstructions and observing how well one drives * Nick hit a stop s

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之旅行交通购物

11 Feeling Ill from Food While Traveling GLOSSARY sick as a dog very sick; very ill; with many physical symptoms of not beinghealthy or well * After eating an entire bag of cookies, Hank felt sick as a dog. it serves you right a phrase used when one

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之旅行交通购物

Passing Through Airport Security Roland: Why are you so nervous about flying? Natalie: Im not nervous about being in the air. Its going through security. I hear its a hassle and I dont want to end up being strip-searched. Roland: You wont be strip-se

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之旅行交通购物

Reading Online Reviews Marisa: When we go to our favorite vacation spot in two months, lets stay at a different hotel. Oscar: I like the hotel we always stay at. Its in a convenient location and were already familiar with it. Marisa: Thats just it. I

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之旅行交通购物

Getting Your Pocket Picked Lenny: Wait a second. Where is my wallet? Anita: Its not in your back pocket? Lenny: No, its in none of my pockets. My pockets been picked! Anita: It must have happened when our attention was diverted by those boys fighting

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之旅行交通购物

12 Describing Touch and Textures GLOSSARY just our luck a phrase used when something bad has happened and onewants to show frustration about something that was beyond ones control,especially when the event is one of many bad things that have happened

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之旅行交通购物

Negotiating With a Street Vendor Sean: Just look at the quality of that. You wont find a finer one anywhere. Patrice: Its nice, but its more than I want to spend. Sean: Okay, just for you, Ill knock off 10%. What do you say? Patrice: I think its stil

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之旅行交通购物

Using a Self-Checkout Machine Claudia: Were done, right? Lets get in this cashier line. Raul: No need. This store has self-checkout machines. Claudia: I dont know. I think it would be easier going through a cashier line. Raul: Using the self-checkout

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之旅行交通购物

Losing a Passport While Traveling Nina: Oh, my God! I cant find my passport. I never should have put it in my purse. Im sure a pickpocket took it. Serge: Calm down. Maybe you just misplaced it. Lets turn out all of your pockets and search for it befo

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之旅行交通购物

Types of Shopping Areas Sarah: Come on! We only have two more hours before the stores close and I want to make it to the outlet stores. Aidan: I thought that when you asked if I wanted to spend the day together, you meant wed go somewhere for lunch,

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之旅行交通购物

Purchasing and Using an E-Ticket I thought I would save time by purchasing my airline ticket online and checking in at the airport with my e-ticket. I went onto the McQ Air website and selected my flights. The screen then prompted me to pay with a cr

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之旅行交通购物

This intrepid pet rabbit has been racking up the hare miles visiting beauty spots stretching from Edinburgh to the Isle of Skye with his owner. 从爱丁堡到美丽的苏格兰岛屿斯凯岛,这只勇敢的宠物兔和主人一起,走过了不少

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语阅读理解

08 Dangerous Freeway Driving GLOSSARY each way in both directions; going somewhere and coming back; both halvesof a round-trip * Kyokos commute is 45 minutes each way. to get old to become tiresome, boring, monotonous, and uninteresting * Laura doesn

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之旅行交通购物

03 Traveling to Less Popular Sites GLOSSARY guidebook a small book that describes interesting things to do, places to visit,restaurants to eat in, and other activities for a particular city, region, or country,written for tourists * This guidebook ha

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之旅行交通购物

04 An Emergency Airplane Landing GLOSSARY cockpit the part of the plane where the pilot and co-pilot sit, separated from therest of the airplane * The cockpit is filled with instruments used to operate the plane. turbulence a period when there is a l

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之旅行交通购物

Buying and Selling Family Heirlooms Anne: Where are you going with that? Ivan: Im taking this clock to an antique dealer. Rather than having it gather dust on the mantelpiece, I thought Id get it appraised and maybe sell it. Anne: You cant sell that!

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之旅行交通购物

Home Shopping Victor: Turn off the TV and put down that phone. I know what youre about to do. Julia: I wasnt going to do anything. Victor: Youre watching the home shopping channel and you have the phone in your hand, which means youre about to call t

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之旅行交通购物

Guido: Whoa, check you out! Thats a great costume . Are you going to the Star Trek Convention? Rita: Yeah, its in town until Sunday. Have you ever been to one? Guido: Me? No way! Dont get me wrong. Im a fan of the shows. And, no offense, but I though

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

我们都喜欢旅行,那么如何让旅行更有意义呢? 1. Pick a destination that raises more questions than answers. 找一个能让你收获更多问题而不是答案的目的地。 2. Leave the technology at home. 把高科技产品留在家

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语