17 After Christmas Sales GLOSSARY to get up to stand up from a sitting or lying position, especially to wake up andget out of bed * Vince wants to find a job where he wont have to get up until at least noon. to miss out on to not be able to have or p

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之旅行交通购物

14 Getting a Visa to Travel GLOSSARY relative a person who is part of ones family; a person who one shares arelationship with through birth or marriage * Sheila doesnt have very many relatives, but her husband is from a huge familyand he has more tha

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之旅行交通购物

12 A Difficult Place to Find GLOSSARY to make one more pass to try to do something one more time, especiallywhen trying to find something while driving * Okay, well make one more pass to try and find the ice cream shop, but this isthe last time! to h

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之旅行交通购物

18 Arranging Airport Transfer GLOSSARY vacation package an arrangement that includes airfare, lodging,transportation, admission fees, and possibly food and drink so that one can enjoya vacation without worrying about the details, usually for one pric

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之旅行交通购物

17 A Hit-and-Run Accident GLOSSARY hit-and-run a type of car accident where a driver hits a person or object butleaves without stopping to see the damage or apologize, because he or she doesnot want to get in trouble * Mona was injured in a hit-and-r

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之旅行交通购物

11 Handling a Traffic Stop GLOSSARY siren the part of a police car, ambulance, or fire truck that makes a very loudnoise to let drivers know that they should move aside and allow it to go through * When I hear a siren, I know I should slow down or st

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之旅行交通购物

13 Reading a Bus Schedule GLOSSARY bus schedule written information about where buses go and stop, how often,and at what times * According to this bus schedule, there isnt any bus service on Sundays. route number the number assigned to all buses that

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之旅行交通购物

11 Going on a Cruise GLOSSARY cruise a vacation where one sleeps, eats, and is entertained on a very largeship * They went on a six-day cruise around the Hawaiian Islands. embarkation the process of getting on a ship * Embarkation will happen between

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之旅行交通购物

14 Exterior Parts of a Car GLOSSARY pain in the neck a person who is very annoying, making things more difficultor frustrating * Your little brother is such a pain in the neck! Cant you get him to leave usalone? hood the large, flat piece of metal at

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之旅行交通购物

10 Storing Luggage on an Airplane GLOSSARY roller bag a suitcase that is on wheels with a long handle, so that it can bepulled instead of carried * This suitcase is too heavy to carry! It would be much easier to travel with aroller bag. aisle a long,

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之旅行交通购物

A Boating Accident Liset: I should never have gotten on this boat. Were going to sink. I know it! Mark: Calm down. The water is a little rough today, but theres nothing to worry about. You have your life jacket on, right? Liset: Oh my God, water is s

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之旅行交通购物

Taking a Test Drive Mario: Id like to test drive the new Racer. Leah: Sure, all prospective buyers can take one of our cars for a test drive. May I see your drivers license? Mario: Here it is. Leah: Okay, come with me. Why dont you get into the drive

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之旅行交通购物

09 Following a Dress Code GLOSSARY to pack to put things into a bag or suitcase, usually so that one can take themwith one while traveling * Dont forget to pack your toothbrush and deodorant for the camping trip! luxury cruise a vacation where one is

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之旅行交通购物

03 Using a Camera GLOSSARY camera a device used to take photographs of images, people, or scenes * Im not a professional photographer, so I dont need an expensive camera. Justa simple camera is good enough for me. photography the art and science of t

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之旅行交通购物

05 Applying for a Passport GLOSSARY passport a small official book, issued by a national government, that allows aperson to travel to other countries and return to ones own country * Mojo likes to look at all of the stamps in his passport to remember

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之旅行交通购物

10 Paying Airline Fees GLOSSARY fee money paid to do or have something; money paid for a professional service * The library charges a late fee of $1 per day for each overdue book. to tack on to add something; to include one or more additional items *

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之旅行交通购物

08 Telling People Where Youre From GLOSSARY from around here from the local area; born in the surrounding area; born inthis town or city * Ive lived here most of my adult life, but Im not from around here. originally from referring to the place where

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之旅行交通购物

09 Reading a World Map GLOSSARY map a piece of paper with drawings and text showing the location of places * Noah hung a large world map on his office wall and circled all the places he hasvisited. globe a round ball that rotates in a special stand a

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之旅行交通购物

04 Hailing and Taking a Taxi GLOSSARY taxi / cab a car, usually painted yellow, that is driven by another person andthat one uses to go somewhere, most often in a large city * How much will it cost to take a taxi to the airport? from start to finish

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之旅行交通购物

02 Going to a Home Improvement Store GLOSSARY to fix up to improve something; to make something better; to repair something;to correct what is broken or needs to be updated * Were going to fix up the office with some new paint and furniture. home imp

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之旅行交通购物