16 Packing Clothes for a Trip GLOSSARY to pack to put things into suitcases, boxes, or bags, especially for traveling * Dont forget to pack your toothbrush and underwear. garment bag a type of suitcase in the shape of a bag that zips around longdress

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之旅行交通购物

14 Types of Cars and Vehicles GLOSSARY to be in the market for (something) to be shopping for something; to beconsidering all the types of something that are available for sale, deciding whichone to buy * How long have you been in the market for a ne

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之旅行交通购物

15 Describing Speed and Pace GLOSSARY slowpoke a person who is very slow; a person who does not move quickly * Stop being such a slowpoke! The sooner you finish cleaning your room, thesooner we can go do something fun. to hurry up to do something mor

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之旅行交通购物

12 Describing Speech and Language Ability GLOSSARY its Greek to me a phrase used to show that one doesnt understand anythingthat one is hearing or reading, usually because it is too difficult or technical * I tried to understand this chapter in the s

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之旅行交通购物

ESL Podcast 1154 Visiting Historic Sites Mary: I think we should call it a day. Will: I think we still have time to visit one more historic site and this one is amazing. Theyve done a great job with preservation and restoration. Mary: Its not another

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之旅行交通购物

Making Changes to a Hotel Reservation Reservation agent: Hello, Milton Hotel reservations. How may I assist you? Sally: Hi, Im calling to make some changes to an existing reservation. Reservation agent: Certainly. Do you have the reservation number?

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之旅行交通购物

Types of Luggage Driver: Maam, where would you like these suitcases? Leona: The three wheeled suitcases should go next to the bed, and the garment bag should be hung up in the closet. Where is my expandable bag? Driver: Do you mean this duffel bag? L

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之旅行交通购物

Going Through Customs Customs Officer: Your passports, please. What is your final destination? ?zkan: Los Angeles. Customs Officer: How long is your stay? ?zkan: Well be there for a week. Customs Officer: What is the purpose of your trip? ?zkan: Im g

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之旅行交通购物

A Territorial Dispute Roberta: So this is McQuillanland! Eli: Well, that depends on whom you ask. This area has been under territorial dispute since 1963. Roberta: Who else claims it? Eli: Its neighbor, Tseland. Tseland annexed it after the brief war

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之旅行交通购物

Learning to Ride the Subway Donny: Come on, we need to buy our subway tickets at that ticket machine. Cayla: Why cant we just get them at the ticket window? Im not sure what the fare is. Donny: Theres a long line and we need to catch a train right no

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之旅行交通购物

ESL Podcast 1194 Using a Map Program Caroline: I just got an email from Sandra with her new address. I wish I knew what kind of neighborhood our daughter is living in. Bryce: Lets find out. Ill type in her address on this map program. Caroline: That

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年ESL之旅行交通购物

02 Staying in a Vacation Rental GLOSSARY vacation rental a home that one can pay to stay in for a short period of time,usually during ones vacation * They bought a second home on the beach so they can stay there in thesummer and use it as a vacation

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之旅行交通购物

07 Types of Views GLOSSARY to book to reserve; to make arrangements to have or do something at aparticular date and time in the future * The earlier you book your flight, the cheaper it will be. city view the ability to see the buildings in a city fr

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之旅行交通购物

06 Reporting Damaged Luggage GLOSSARY luggage suitcases; baggage; the cloth, leather, or plastic containers that onefills with objects one wants to have while traveling * This airline allows each passenger to check two pieces of luggage. baggage caro

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之旅行交通购物

04 Vacationing on an Island GLOSSARY island an area of land surrounded by water * When did the Hawaiian Islands become part of the United States? island fever cabin fever; a feeling of anxiousness when one cannot movearound freely, often because of g

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之旅行交通购物

01 Reading Product Reviews GLOSSARY on the fritz not working very well; undependable and likely to break soon * Their computer is on the fritz, so they have to save their files every few minutes. highly-rated determined to be of good quality compared

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之旅行交通购物

06 Buying Fake Products GLOSSARY designer with a particular label or brand, especially in fashion * Why would you pay $200 for a pair of designer jeans when regular jeans costjust $25? steal a bargain; something that offers very good value for a smal

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之旅行交通购物

08 Using Frequent Flyer Miles GLOSSARY long weekend a period of three days (Friday-Sunday, or Saturday-Monday)where one has one extra day off from work, getting three free days in a row,usually because one uses a vacation day or because there is a ho

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之旅行交通购物

07 Buying Mens Shirts GLOSSARY fitting room a small room with a door where one can try on clothing in a storebefore deciding whether to buy it * In this store, you can take only eight pieces of clothing into a fitting room at atime. dress shirt a nic

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之旅行交通购物

Dealing with a Mass Transit Strike Marge: Where have you been? You should have been home over two hours ago! Homer: Ive been trying to get home. Havent you been watching the news? The transportation workers union has voted to strike. There was a mass

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之旅行交通购物