13 Taking the Driving Test GLOSSARY driving test an exam that must be passed to receive permission to drive,where one drives a car while the examiner sits in the passenger seat, givinginstructions and observing how well one drives * Nick hit a stop s

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之旅行交通购物

Driving Through a Speed Trap Angel: Why are you driving at a snails pace? Georgina: This is an infamous speed trap. I dont want to get a ticket again. Angel: I dont see any squad cars along the road. Are you sure this is the right stretch of road? Ge

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之旅行交通购物

Chinese drivers are facing harsher penalties after a revised regulation came into effect on Tuesday, with many motorists being caught out. According to the Ministry of Public Security, many cities reported a sharp decrease in urban traffic violations

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

A Chinese-made self-driving container straddle carrier, said to be the first of its kind in the world, is now undergoing testing at a port in Shanghai, reports China Central Television. A container straddle carrier is a freight carrying vehicle that

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

Advocates for self-driving cars love to tout the benefits the cars would bring, such as fewer accidents and less congestion. Another alleged value of being a passenger rather than a driver is more productivityyou could work rather than concentrate on

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年Scientific American(十二)月

08 Dangerous Freeway Driving GLOSSARY each way in both directions; going somewhere and coming back; both halvesof a round-trip * Kyokos commute is 45 minutes each way. to get old to become tiresome, boring, monotonous, and uninteresting * Laura doesn

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之旅行交通购物

Colleen was in a hurry, which made her driving even more careless than usual. Her boyfriend Simon had already criticized her many times for failing to stop completely at stop signs. Thats what they call a California, or rolling, stop, he told her. If

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

He had just bought a new cara Lincoln. It was a big, long, four-door sedan. Some days, he would go out to his beautiful car and just sit in it. But he was going to the hospital next week for a colonoscopy; he needed to give his wife some practice in

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

Push to Ban Cell Phone Use While Driving Builds In an unprecedented move, the National Transportation Safety Board in the U.S. is recommending that motorists turn off all cell phones while driving. The board, charged with determining the cause of tra

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十二月)

A: Do you want to practice your driving right now? B: No problem. We can do it right now. A: Are you buckled up? B: All right. Now what do I do? A: Start the car. B: Which way do you want me to go? A: Take a left. B: How far do you want me to go? A:

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-驾驶

A: Let's go practice your driving. B: If that's what you want to do, then we can. A: Did you buckle your seatbelt? B: I'm buckled up. What's next? A: You need to start the car now. B: What do you want me to do? A: Go left. B: How far should I go? A:

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-驾驶

A: Do you think we can go driving right now? B: Yeah, sure. Let's go. A: Buckle up. B: All right. Now what? A: Now you put the key in the ignition and start the car. B: Which direction should I take? A: Make a left on this next street. B: Tell me how

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-驾驶

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: Self-driving cars have reached the point where they can predict what cars or bikes or pedestrians are going to do. And they lack the worst of human impulses. But until all cars are fully autonomous, sharing the road is still goin

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

DAVID GREENE, HOST: All right, here's something that will come as no surprise to anyone who drives to work. Maybe you're driving to work right now. Commuting times are just getting longer and longer. The Census Bureau says the average commute takes 2

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

Chinese drivers are facing harsher penalties after a revised regulation came into effect on Tuesday, with many motorists being caught out. According to the Ministry of Public Security, many cities reported a sharp decrease in urban traffic violations

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

Currently, learners are required to take courses at driving schools before sitting theory and practical tests. They have to pay for the courses up front, and the schedule for lessons and exams is decided by the schools, most of which are located in r

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

Kenyan Driving Schools Aim to Decrease Road Fatalities Like so many other teenagers around the world, 19-year-old Martin Otieno Jr. cant wait to get his drivers license. He shows all the characteristics of a first-time driver - hands gripping the ste

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(五月)

I do a lot of driving in my job. You would think that driving several hours each way would get old really fast, but I have ways of making an interminable drive seem much more exciting. I like to drive fast on the freeways. I usually pass all of the s

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: Last month, a car using self-driving features crashed with a human driver. That accident in Tempe, Ariz., did not result in any major injuries, but it did highlight new issues for the auto insurance industry. NPR's Yuki Noguchi a

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

Authorities in China have issued new regulations for road tests of self-driving cars, which will allow local authorities to sign off on vehicle tests that match local conditions, while ensuring that safety is the top priority. Xin Guobin, China's Vic

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台