There was a new movie at the theater called, Why Dont You Love Me As Much As I Love You? It starred the young and handsome Tad Biff and the young and beautiful Jenny Lopez. Barbara invited her sister Laura to the movie. Both of them were big fans of

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文小故事

The top of the box was sealed with wide brown parcel tape, Jacob managed to get his fingernail under the end and peeled off the tape in one go. Pulling open the flaps he stared into the shadowy darkness, trying to make some sense of the shape within

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语灵异故事

Quieting the Mind 身心平静 by Marcus Maurice Meditation is an exercise in quieting the mind. Meditation can help restore mental balance leading to a feeling of happiness and contentment. Think of the brain as a faucet where the water is constantl

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 常春藤解析英语

Good. He hadn't promised, though a fact that I had not missed. The panic was only barely contained; I had no strength left to control the anger. 很好。尽管,他没有做出保证这是我无法回避的事实。恐惧只能勉强维持着。我再

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

A Crappy Nights Sleep 一晚没睡好 Do some deep breathing. 做一些深呼吸。 Breathing exercises can wake you up in away similar to exercise, says Bancroft. Bancroft说,呼吸练习唤醒你的原理和做运动差不多。 Try sticking your

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

20 A Curious Decision 奇妙的载决 A poor chimney-sweeper, who had not enough money to buy a meal, stopped one hot summer day at noon before an eating-house, and remained regaling his nose with the smell of the victuals. The master of the shop tol

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 陈冠商英语背诵文选合集

This morning the jackass penguins are out early. This species is unique to Africa, but they are insulated like other penguins. Trapped in winter wear all year long, they get hot easily. And make their way to the water before the sun is high over head

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2007年

She was naked, covered with soot, her clothes turned to ash, her beautiful hair all crisped away... yet she was unhurt. 她浑身赤裸,覆盖烟灰,华裳全成灰屑,美丽的头发也焚烧殆尽但她本人却安然无恙。 The cream-and-g

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

This, from her size and symmetry, greatly increased her value. 从它的体型大小和体格匀称程度来看,这样的年龄无疑大大增加了它的价值。 The gentleman said, I will give you eighty tomans, (nearly two hundred and fifty dol

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

A pretty little fawn had been brought in from the woods, when very young, 有一只可爱的小鹿,还很小的时候,就被人从森林里带了回来, and nursed and petted by a lady in the village until it had become as tame as possible. 由村

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

Host: Hello everyone, and welcome to open mic night! Youre in for a real treat as weve got a lot of great comics here with us tonight. First up, we have a very funny man coming straight from the state of Montana, Robert Hicks! A: Thank you, everyone!

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

Hey, Bella, called a familiar, husky voice from the driver's side of the little black car. 嘿,贝拉。一个熟悉的,沙哑的声音从那辆黑色的小车里的驾驶座上传出来。 Jacob? I asked, squinting through the rain. 雅克布?我

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

Supernovae are significant to us in one other decidedly central way. Without them we wouldn't be here. You will recall the cosmological conundrum with which we ended the first chapterthat the Big Bang created lots of light gases but no heavy elements

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

A sudden noise of shrill voices made him open his eyes and, after hastily brushing away the tears, look round. 一阵突如其来的尖声吵闹叫他睁开了眼睛,他匆匆擦去眼泪,四面一望。 What seemed an interminable stream of iden

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

She was a real estate salesperson. An apartment was newly available on the Upper East Side. She went to 91st Street to preview the new listing. She used a key to open the building door. She walked up to the second floor. She had a sensitive nose. She

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

摆脱特困户Get some fresh air张大鼻孔,猛吸几口新鲜空气。 Make sure that air flows properly in your office and bedroom. Bad air flow will lead to insufficient oxygen, which will affect the brain's performance. Also go outdoors to ge

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

The stench of camel digested food straight up my nostrils. 一股骆驼消化物的恶臭扑面而来 You can see everything it's been eating.And that's just partially digested. 你能看见所有它吃进去的东西 这些都还没完全消化 And

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 荒野求生

What in the devil's name do you want here? roared the Guernseyman, flying into a sudden passion. 你究竟要干什么呀?那个革恩齐人突然动了火,高声咆哮道。 Oh! keep coolcool? yes, that's the word! why don't you pack those whale

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

A Curious Decision A poor chimney-sweeper, who had not enough money to buy a meal, stopped one hot summer day at noon before an eating-house, and remained regaling his nose with the smell of the victuals. The master of the shop told him several times

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

As soon as he cuts into the stomach contents,that is when you get this rotting stench an aroma of whatever it's been eating in the last 24 hours. 一旦他切开胃的时候 你就会闻到一股腐臭味 一天之内都不会忘掉那股味道 Got a

发表于:2019-03-01 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 荒野求生