Food and Drink The Most Grief A Doctor was once talking to a large audience in New York. The material we put into our stomachs is enough to have killed most of us sitting here, years ago. Red meat is awful. Soft drinks corrode your stomach lining. Ch

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 人人说英语高级

Like the Greek system, changing the balance of these chemicals can deeply alter how we respond to even extremely difficult circumstances. 像希腊的体液系统理论,改变这些物质的平衡就可以,甚至可以深刻地影响到我们面对

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

1. Use their name 使用他们的名字 Theres a big difference emotionally between I was so sorry to hear of your great loss! and Oh Margaret, I was so sorry to hear of your great loss! It instantly personalizes your note and expresses more emotion.

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

bewail vt. 因而悲叹,哀悼,痛哭 【例】bewail for sb 's death 哀悼某人的逝世 【记】be状态,ail小病-得病了-痛哭 【参】wail(n 悲叹,哀号;vt 悲痛) He was bewailing his failure in the examination. 他为考

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 不择手段背单词

After 20 years as a pilot, I became an airport manger and soon found the stress was getting to me. I needed a release and wanted to buy a motorcycle, but my family thought it was too dangerous. My wif

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

人生最后十年是怎样的光景呢?是骑车和孙子孙女们一起嬉戏,还是独坐在轮椅上悲伤?是身体健康,还是疾病缠身?现在,是决定的时刻了,不要在生命最后的十年病体缠身,要让健康永随

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻视频

Imagine me without you by Jaci Velasquez As long as stars shine down from heaven 直到星星不再从天堂那样亮丽的闪烁 And the rivers run into the sea 直到小溪不再流进大海里 Till the end of time forever 直到时间的尽头 Youre the only love Ill need 你是我

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

I'm sad to see that you are sad but there's nothing to be sad about really nothing to feel bad about there she was standing peacefully sending the message through telepathy way beyond the speculation furthest away from any condition here to pacify co

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 金属

And this was all actually quite shocking to me, because prior to this moment, I had prided myself on having absolutely no regrets. 这让我十分震惊,因为在那之前,我告诉自己,我绝对不会后悔的。 I made a lot of mistakes and

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

The rush to buy tickets for what U.S. officials say is the world's largest lottery jackpot is about to pay off. Mega Millions lottery officials say there were three winning tickets for the record $640 million jackpot sold in three states. In the hour

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Amarantine 永恒之花 enya You know when you give your love away 你相信当你付出真爱时 It opens your heart 爱会为你开启一扇心窗 Everything is new. 世间万物从此焕然一新 And you know time will always find a way 岁月会指

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

As a recent college grad, I was starting to figure out this adult life thing I got a job, found a place to live and managed to balance a social life with these new 9-5 responsibilities. Things were going according to plan, until they weren't. I lost

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

As a recent college grad, I was starting to figure out this adult life thing I got a job, found a place to live and managed to balance a social life with these new 9-5 responsibilities. Things were going according to plan, until they weren't. I lost

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Love and Time (爱与时间) Once upon a time,there was an island where all the feelings lived:Happiness,Sadness,Knowledge,and all of the others,including Love. One day it was announced to the feelings that the island would sink,s

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

听歌学英语:当死神如此靠近你 Thirty People Away Tamas Wells,是一支来自澳洲墨尔本的独立乐团(indie-pop),成立于2000年初,目前已发行4张专辑,曲风清新、平缓而又优美。(最为人所熟知的是《V

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

They got on the N train. Jane stood there for a second. Then she spun on her heel and started walking out of the car. Cliff looked around. He saw a little man holding a white Styrofoam cup. Cliff followed Jane out of the car. They entered another car

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Khal Drogo thrashed, fighting some unseen enemy. 卓戈卡奥抽搐了一下,好似在与某个看不见的敌人拼斗。 Black blood ran slow and thick from his open wound. 黑色的脓血自他伤口缓缓地流下。 Your khal is good as dead,

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

Mad World 是英国乐队Tears For Fears在82年创作的早期作品之一,由Roland Orzabal创作和乐队贝斯手Curt Smith演唱。Mad World乐队发行的第三首单曲也是第一首榜单热曲。 All around me are familiar faces 周围都是

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

I was really moved by these experiences, 我被这些真实的故事深深打动了 and I decided that I wanted to write about them 我之前计划只是写一本书来记录 not only in a book I was working on, but also in an article, 但是现在我觉

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇