The interesting most boring man in the world By Chris Rose People often said that Thierry Boyle was the most boring man in the world. Thierry didnt know why people thought he was so boring. Thierry thought he was quite interesting. After all, he coll

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

Two peas in a podby Chris RoseThey even dressed us the same. My mother said that it was easier for her just to buy two of everything. Sometimes it was the same clothes but in different colours a red top for me, and a yellow one for my sister, for exa

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

Well, Mr. Smith, if you prefer a different type of nose, we have a large selection available. I think this nose is a bit too small. Small noses are very fashionable this year, Mr. Smith, very fashionable. Do you think it suits me? asked Mr. Smith. I

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate. Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May, And summer's lease hath all too short a date: Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines, And often is his gold complexion d

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 英语诗歌

I wish I loved the Human Race Listen Download I wish I loved the Human Race; I wish I loved its silly face; I wish I liked the way it walks; I wish I liked the way it talks; And when I'm introduced to one, I wish I thought What Jolly Fun! Sir Walter

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 英语诗歌

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(172) / 评论(0) 分类 英语诗歌

Move him into the sun - Gently its touch awoke him once, At home, whispering of fields unsown. Always it woke him, even in France, Until this morning and this snow. If anything might rouse him now The kind old sun will know. Think how it wakes the se

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 英语诗歌

ProgressThe city's heat is like a leaden pall Its lowered lamps glow in the midnight air Like mammoth orange-moths that flit and flare Through the dark tapestry of night. The tall Black houses crush the creeping beggars down, Who walk beneath and thi

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

The Tay Bridge DisasterBeautiful Railway Bridge of the Silv'ry Tay! Alas! I am very sorry to say That ninety lives have been taken away On the last Sabbath day of 1879, Which will be remember'd for a very long time. 'Twas about seven o'clock at night

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

Address to the HaggisBy Robert Burns (Translation into standard English) Fair is your honest happy face Great chieftain of the pudding race Above them all you take your place Stomach, tripe or guts Well are you worthy of a grace As long as my arm The

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

Quotes about the United KingdomFirst set of quotes UAE - When young people say about the British that he's unpleasant or old, it is an impression we have from the time when Great Britain was a great power together with Portugal. ITALY - I particularl

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

The Polar Bear's Dinner by Chris Rose So, Im a polar bear, right? Got that? A polar bear. Not one of those brown bears that live in forests and on mountains. One of those big white ones, you know, surely. Where do I live? On an iceberg of course, not

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

The interesting most boring man in the world By Chris Rose People often said that Thierry Boyle was the most boring man in the world. Thierry didnt know why people thought he was so boring. Thierry thought he was quite interesting. After all, he coll

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

Nikos was an ordinary man. Nothing particularly good ever happened to him, nothing particularly bad ever happened to him. He went through life accepting the mixture of good things and bad things that happen to everyone. He never looked for any explan

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

How do I love thee by Elizabeth Barrett Browning (1806-1861) How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight For the ends of Being and ideal Grace. I love thee to

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

That She Would Dishevel Her Hair 请她让她的金发散乱 Amarantba, sweet and fair, 美丽可爱的阿玛莲莎, Ah, braid no more that shining hair: 别再编你光亮的金发吧! As my curious hand or eye 既然我好奇的手和眼 Hovering

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

但丁加布里埃尔罗塞蒂 Dante Gabriel Rossetti (1828-1882)英国诗人、画家、先拉斐尔派代表人物,在英国美术史上和诗歌史上都占有重要地位。他于1848年创建先拉斐尔艺术兄弟会。1862年他美丽的妻子

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

经典英文诗歌Still I Rise 《我仍将奋起》玛娅.安吉罗的代表作,被制作成了公益广告,多年来不断在美国各大电视台上播放,为广大电视观众所耳濡目染。这首诗歌作品是继马丁。路德。金的著

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

《我仍将奋起》玛娅.安吉罗的代表作,被制作成了公益广告,多年来不断在美国各大电视台上播放,为广大电视观众所耳濡目染。这首诗歌作品是继马丁。路德。金的著名讲演《我有一个梦想

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

One Inch Tall If you were only one inch tall , you'd ride a worm to school. The teardrop of a crying and would be your swimming pool. A crumb of cake would be a feast And last you seven days at least , A flea would be a frightening beast If you were

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间