New York City has thousands of workers. It has workers that you don't see. It has workers that you do see. The workers that you do see are right on the street. Street vendors are everywhere. Vendors set up on the wide sidewalks. They sell purses. The

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

Stuart stood in line in the drugstore. The clerk said, Next. She asked Stuart for his Rewards card. Stuart had been digging through his wallet looking for it. He finally found it. It was with seven other Rewards cards for seven other stores. Each car

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

James didn't say anything to the man about his dog. They walked another 100 feet. They heard a scream. They turned around. The pit bull was pulling on a little girl's foot. The girl was lying on a blanket. The dog was trying to drag her off the blank

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

She said that the hair on his head was growing back a little. He was surprised to hear that. He had never heard of hair growing back. Cancer victims who get chemotherapy often lose their hair. It often grows back. But he hadn't had chemotherapy. He a

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

Mr. Hooper was a teacher. He taught English 101. He taught English 101 at a small college. His students were not rich. His students were poor. Books cost a lot of money. The English 101 book cost a lot of money. Mr. Hooper had a good idea. He wrote h

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

I am happy. I have many friends. I have a large family. I have four brothers and four sisters. I am in the middle. Four brothers are older than me. Four sisters are younger than me. I go to school. I am in the sixth grade. I like my teachers. My teac

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

He walked into the doctor's office. The receptionist said hello. He said hello. She asked if he had an appointment. He said, Yes, I have an appointment at 2 o'clock. She told him to sign in. He signed in. Which doctor are you seeing? she asked. I'm s

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

He had a blue car. He loved his blue car. It was dark blue. It had four doors. It was not a new car. It was an old car. But it had new tires. It had new black tires. All four tires were new. He felt safe with his new tires. They would not blow out. H

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

We do not live in a black and white world. We live in a rainbow world. Colors are everywhere. Colors are beautiful. A toilet bowl is white. A panda is white and black. A crow is black. The sky and the ocean are blue. An apple is red or green. An oran

He took the sheet off the mattress. He took the pillowcase off the pillow. He took the towel off the towel bar. He put the sheet, pillowcase, and towel into the plastic laundry basket. He put his socks into the basket. He put his pants and shirts int

Emily and Grant were inside Macy's on 34th Street. Macy's was having its annual flower show. The store was full of flowers. They were beautiful to look at and beautiful to smell. It was like being in a forest or jungle. Flowers were everywhere. The s

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(17) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

Burger King in Brazil sells burgers. It also takes pictures. It takes pictures of customers. It puts their pictures on the wrappers. It puts the wrappers on the burgers. The customer gets a burger with his picture on the wrapper. There's no extra cha

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

Derrick was arguing with his twin brother. They were 52. Their mom had died two months ago. They were arguing about her estate. She had no will. Who gets what? What's there to argue about? asked the family lawyer. You split everything down the middle

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

New York City's mayor is against smoking. Stores that sell cigarettes must display big anti-smoking ads. One ad shows a decayed tooth. The ad says, Smoking Causes Tooth Decay. Quit Smoking Today. Call 311 or 1-866-NYQUITS. Store owners are upset. The

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

An innocent man spent 20 years in jail. He got out when he was 58. Two years later, New York City awarded him $10 million. Alan had been convicted of murdering a woman. He hadn't murdered that woman. He hadn't murdered anyone. He was innocent. A cop

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

Tom's second cousin was getting married in early June. Tom hardly knew his second cousin. They rarely spoke to each other. Tom spoke to Ed's mom more often. Tom hoped he wouldn't get an invitation. He disliked weddings. They reminded him of his own w

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

Bill walked to the front door of his apartment. Someone had slipped a piece of paper under the door. It was a notice from the manager. They were going to spray his apartment for bugs. He didn't have any bugs. They would spray Friday morning. Friday m

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

How did they ever publish this book? Did they read it before they published it? Did they ever hear of Spell Check? He couldn't believe that they charged $70 for the book. He had circled all the errors with a red pen. So he couldn't return the book. H

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

Paul had been a Marine for 17 years. He couldn't wait to retire. I've enjoyed it, he told his brother Sam, but I'll also enjoy leaving it. He wasn't sure what he was going to do after retirement. He definitely would spend more time with his daughters

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

The thieves used a ladder, a flashlight, and a knife. And they were lucky. They broke into a famous museum. All they had to do was to break a window. They left half an hour later. They left with five paintings worth $200 million. The thieves cut the

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文