Optimists are wiser than their pessimistic peers, and bitterness keeps a person from being wise because they haven't learned lessons, Canadian researchers say. 加拿大研究人员称,整日忧心忡忡的人不如那些天性乐观的人聪明,因

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Before he graduated from Huazhong University of Science and Technology this year, 22-year-old Liu Can spent every vacation interning in a different city. 22岁的刘灿今年刚从华中科技大学毕业,大学时期的每个假期他都会去不同

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

1. Planetary Power 1.行星力量 Being born on the 31st of October means that you are ruled by both Pluto and Mars. This unique blend adds a spin to your astrological-based personality. Depending on which zodiac you are following the old one with 12

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

想要练好托福口语考试,至少要选一套好的教材。好的教材应该情景分类,告诉你在什么场合说什么样的话,最好能附有文化背景的介绍,因为东西方文化差异大,同样的场景,用中式思想表

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

The Cost of Smoking: All Dollars and No Sense There are many arguments in favor of quitting smoking. Some focus on health concerns, complete with pictures of desiccated lungs and gobs of arterial plaque. Some arguments appeal to vanity, describing ho

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Ohhh... ohhh... oh Mhhmm... yeaaa You see there's never a right time To say goodbye Nobody's ever perfect And everyone lies I'd never hurt you on purpose And at least I try Try to be the best for you No matter what we were going through We could work

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 节奏布鲁斯

Larry 和李华今天晚上约好了和朋友碰面,可是当 Larry 到李华家接她的时候,李华还在梳妆打扮.今天李华会学到两个常用语: dilly-dally 和 dis。 LL: Come on, Li Hua. Aren't you ready yet? LH: 再等一下啦,我头发还没弄好呢。 LL: Come on, already. Stop dilly-d

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

1.Im an office worker. 我是上班族。 2.I work for the government. 我在政府机关做事。 3.Im happy to meet you. 很高兴见到你。 4.I like your sense of humor. 我喜欢你的幽默感。 5.Im glad to see you again. 很高兴再次见到

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Language Points Please explain because it makes no sense to me. How can a girl's routine be so complicated? You get up, you shower, you get dressed, you brush your teeth, you're out the door. Half an hour, tops

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 爆笑英语口语

The doctor said, You have high cholesterol. You are pre-diabetic. We don't want you to become diabetic. Start drinking black coffee. Eat brown rice instead of white rice. Eat less meat and more fish. Knock off all desserts. Eat more vegetables and fr

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

11. Shoot 除了射击之意,还有以下日常用法: Whenever you need help, just shoot me an email. 要帮忙的时候,发个邮件给我就行。(比send更口语化) - I've collected some negative comments on you. 我这有一些关于你

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

? Turning off your car's air conditioner - Yes, the AC does affect fuel efficiency. But Consumer Reports figures it amounts to only one mile per gallon, and edmunds.com says you could end up burning more if you open the windows and increase air resis

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Jaguar is an endangered animal. It is said that there are less than 20 jaguars in the world currently, one of which is now living in the national zoo of Peru. In order to protect this jaguar, Peruvians singled out a pitch of land in the zoo for it, w

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Are you travelling to an English speaking country? If you are, one of the most important things you are going to need to know is how to ask for directions: so here are some useful phrases. 你正在一个说英语的国家旅游吗?如果是的,最重

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

从日常生活中学来的语言才是最生动鲜活的。混迹国外多年的网友给我们整理了一些外国人常用的但国内教科书上难见到的地道英语表达,快来看看吧。 1. I'm good I'm good除了可以用来回答How

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

How Well Are You Performing in Your Different Roles? Each day, you play a number of different roles in both your professional and your personal life. Your professional world is a large part of what you do but if youre striving for excellence in this

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

1.Im an office worker. 我是上班族。 2.I work for the government. 我在政府机关做事。 3.Im happy to meet you. 很高兴见到你。 4.I like your sense of humor. 我喜欢你的幽默感。 5.Im glad to see you again. 很高兴再次见到

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is better to choose a friend withwhom you can have fun than to choose a friend that will help you when you are in need. Usespecific reasons and examples to support your answer. 范文: Each fr

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

When we are in the depths of our loneliness, what comforts us what could possibly take us away from it? What, indeed? So often, it feels like there is no solace; like we are running from our own shadow. And it is true, in a way. There is no escape fr

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

从日常生活中学来的语言才是最生动鲜活的,以下是一些外国人常用的但国内教科书上难见到的地道英语表达,快来看看吧。 1 I'm good I'm good除了可以用来回答How are you?,表示我很好之外,还常

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语