Fixing Up the Run-Down Places by Dr. David Dallas Jones Every life coheres around certain fundamental core ideas whether we realize it or not. If I were asked to state the ideas around which my life and my life's work have been built it would seem th

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

1991年 翻译延伸 1、The supply of oil can be shut off unexpectedly at any time, and in any case, the oil wells will all run dry in thirty years or so at the present rate of use. 【分析】 并列句。and连接两个并列的分句。第一个分

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 09考研英语词汇

Jiang: Im a bit worried about you going shopping by yourself this afternoon. Jiang: 今天下午你一个人去购物我可有点担心。 Simon: Oh dont worry, Ill be fine. Simon: 别担心,我不会有事的。 Jiang: But what will you do if you need to know the price of so

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 芝麻街:明星教单词

When it was all over, Osa sat down. And I must confess that my own knees felt a trifle wobbly. 当一切都结束的时候,奥萨坐了下来。我必须承认,现在我有些站立不稳。 It had been a close call, and I would probably not have

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材6

In the heart of America, in the states of Pennsylvania, Ohio and Indiana, live some people who are not your typical Americans. In order to lead simple lives, they don't use cars. Instead, th

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(309) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄中级美国英语

GREATEST LOVE OF ALL Whitney Houston I believe the children are our are future Teach them well and let them lead the way Show them all the beauty they possess inside Give them a sense of pride to make

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 英语歌曲第十辑

雅思写作工作类重点词汇 1.ambitious雄心壮志的、野心勃勃的 2.adaptability适应性 3.adapt oneself to 使自己适应 4.prosperity繁荣来源: 5.be disadvantageous to 对不利 6.flow of personnel人才流动 7.mechanism of per

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Steve Mirsky at the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting in Lindau Germany.This will just take a little more time than our usual minute. Harold Kroto won the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 1996 for the disco

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(六)月

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: See, spelling is never just about spelling, but about how written words make sense. 拼字其实不只是拼字,而是让字写的更合理。

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

Dialog 1 Do you like the opera? No, not really, Why is that? Well, it's very expensive and they're usurally singing in another language. That's kind of gets on my nerves. Yeah, that makes sense. But, you should go at least once. You might like it. D

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语会话速成

Language Points You made it. 你赶来了。 You made my day. 你让我这一天都高兴。 Make it two! 来两份,意思是我点跟他一样的。 Make up your mind. 快做决定。 Make no mistake. 别误会。 Make sense. 有道理。 Make you

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 爆笑英语口语

Is marijuanna legal in Norway?Uh...no... 在挪威吸大麻是合法的吗 开什么玩笑当然不是的 The fun fact is that marijuanna you know is actualy called ,in Norwegian,is the Norwegian word for fox. 不过有趣的是大麻 在挪威语里也

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 艾伦脱口秀

take credit for 因得到好评;因获得赞赏 例句: I can't take credit for this, we both know that this wasn't me. 我不能独占功劳,我们都知道这不是我。 You took credit for my work, Peter. 你抢占了我的功劳,彼得。

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 跟艾米莉一起学口语

【句子对照】 Let's all sit around and brainstomp3 about how to solve global wamp3ing. 我们一起做下来集体讨论一下如何解决全球变暖的问题。 【关键俚语】 brainstomp3 英:To concentrate on finding ideas, either alone

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 美国常用英语俚语

对于蒙特利尔这个城市,你了解多少嗯,汤姆带你了解去.... Tom: I think Montreal is a really special place. I think were lucky to be here. I think one of the things that makes it so special is the fact that there are so many diff

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

The 4 stories we tell ourselves about death 生死自知 I have a question: Who here remembers when they first realized they were going to die? I do. I was a young boy, and my grandfather had just died, and I remember a few days later lying in bed at

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 跟希哥学英语

1. M:What a boring speaker! I can hardly stay awake. W:Well, I don't know. In fact, I think it's been a long time since I've heard anyone is good. Q:What do we learn from the conversation? A) The woman has known the speaker for a long time. B)The man

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 英语四级听力-短对话

We all get a lot meaning from our communities. 我们都从我们的社群中获得很多的意义。 Whether our communities are houses or sports teams, churches or ** groups, 无论我们的社群是邻里社区还是运动小组,教堂或**团体。

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

Chapter 9 - continued But it was also clear that an all-round increase in wealth threatened the destruction indeed, in some sense was the destruction of a hierarchical society. In a world in which everyone worked short hours, had enough to eat, lived

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

You say it's foolish mistake Don't wanna know wanna know You say and all ma friends say the same I should let you go Let you go We're on a tiny planet in a no ending space From one into one second We'll be never the same again Today I'm an indigo gir

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅