HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) I'm Doug Johnson. On our show this week: We listen to some holiday music that has been nominated for a Grammy Award /P Answer a question about how Americans celebrate Christmas /P And

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(十二)月

For most of us, the season evokes a kind of universal memory. My strongest memory of Christmas is the tree with all of the presents underneath it. And usually in the morning I wake up really early like at five o'clock. And when you come downstairs Ch

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2007年

I have to say for me, I've always believed it, in a fairy tale kind of way. 就我而言,我总是很迷信一见钟情,带着童话故事般的少女心。 You know, like the way you believe in Santa Claus or the story of Cinderella, etc..., and

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

圣诞老人在每年的圣诞节来临之际总是会给孩子们带来很多欢笑...... Kate Hello and welcome to this weeks 6 Minute English. Today Im joined by Rebecca hi Rebecca! Rebecca Hello Kate Kate Well tomorrow is the 25th December which

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 一起听英语

You're too generous, Lianne, thank you for the gift. 你真是太够意思了,利安妮,谢谢你的礼物 Of course. Merry Christmas. 当然,圣诞快乐 Merry Christmas to you, too. 也祝你圣诞快乐 God, I am so good at realty. 天呐,我

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 初来乍到第三季

Celebrating Christmas: A Visit With Nicholas 圣诞老人,报上名来 Christmas celebrates the birth of Christ, the Nativity of the babe in the manger whom Christians believe was the Son of God. In

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

Today were going to get a bit negative by looking at the various times you can use the word nor. Nor with Neither Everybody knows that neither and nor are bosom buddies. They require balance. A nor usually follows a neither when they're used in the s

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Cubas National Assembly chose First Vice President Miguel Mario Diaz-Canel Bermudez as the only candidate for president of Cuba. Current President, 86-year-old Raul Castro, is set to resign Thursday. Diaz-Canel would become the first person outside t

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Natasha reads two very special stories were written by the young winners of Berties Christmas Storynory Writing Competition. As it happens, both stories are about dolls but the tales are very different. So well done Alisa Pullum and Michelle Dufflocq

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 Children’s Stories-儿童故事集

Santa is magic. Youre not Santa. Meaning Im not magic? Geez, Louise, youre a tough customer. Im not Louise, I know. Youre Clare. Clare Anne Abshire, born May 24, 1971. Your parents are Philip and Lucille Abshire, and you live with them and your grand

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 时间旅行者的妻子

There is nothing Christmas-y about this hallway. 这个走廊一点圣诞气氛都没有 It looks like the place Santa sends promiscuous elves to get the results of their S.T.D. test. 这里像是圣诞老人把滥交的精灵送来拿她们性病检查

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 打工姐妹花第一季

11 美国第五大河流--格兰德河 DATE=3-7-01 TITLE=EXPLORATIONS#1942 - Rio Grande, Part 2 BYLINE=Oliver Chanler VOICE ONE: This is Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with the V

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 文化聚焦

Merry Christmas! 今天我们聊聊最正宗的美国圣诞传统。很多可能会surprise你噢。比如,有些美国人圣诞节会去中餐馆。 关键词: Christmas traditions and practices: 圣诞传统、庆祝方式 The season of being t

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

He walked into the emergency room waiting room. The clerk asked, Can I help you? He said, These are for the ER staffdoctors, nurses, and everyone else that works in ER. She asked, What are they? He said, They're hot, fresh pizzas. What else comes in

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Sheldon:Santa? Santa : Oh, hello, Sheldon. You should be asleep. Sheldon:Well, then, you shouldn'thave jingle bells on your boots. Santa : I've been wanting to talk to you. I'm sorry Idisappointed you when you were a little boy. I-I can do a lot

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

Perfect Man, Perfect Woman 完美的男人,完美的女人 There was a perfect man and a perfect woman. They met each other at a perfect party. They dated for two perfect years. They had the perfect wedding and the perfect honeymoon. They had two p

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

老外这样调侃圣诞老人,真的好吗? 圣诞老人(Santa Claus)别称Saint Nick、Kris Kringle、Father Christmas或Santa(爱尔兰英语的Santy),一位专门在圣诞节前夜时悄悄赠送礼物给小孩子的神秘人物,是

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

I looked at my beautiful Christmas tree and sighed. It was time. The New Year was a week old and my tree still stood in the corner of our room with its collection of memories proudly displayed in a shower of colorful lights. I'd procrastinated long e

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

One day, a man named Bartholomew, not an important man, stopped at the Nopalito ranch house. It was noon and he was hungry. He sat down at the dinner table. While he was eating, he talked. Mrs. Yeager, he said, I saw a man on the Seco Ranch with your

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(170) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年VOA慢速英语(二)月

后街男孩重聚献唱温馨圣诞新单《It's Christmas Time Again》 当地时间11月4日,美国流行组合后街男孩(Backstreet Boys)在加利福利亚阿纳海姆的迪士尼乐园睡美人城堡前重聚,录制电视节目。后街男孩

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲