Favorite Time Of Year - Jason Chen It's that time of year Snowflakes everywhere Troubles disappear 'Cause Santa's bringing cheer Everybody's in the mood Decorations on the roof Christmas lights and eight reindeers Can't help but stop and stare It's t

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 E乐吧

Welcome to the MAKING OF A NATION American history in VOA Special English. In the early eighteen thirties, the territory of Texas belonged to Mexico. But many Americans had moved to Texas because they could buy a lot of land with little money. The g

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(十二)月

1. A top military official says new warnings about insulated beverage containers are an example of federal officials trying to anticipate terror tactics. He says there has been a lot of chatter online about potential terror activity, but nothing spec

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2010(十二月)

Gunman Kills 9 Students, One Teacher at High School in Texas A gunman killed at least 10 people, most of them students, at a high school near Houston, Texas, on Friday state officials said. At least ten others are wounded. It was the deadliest attack

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(五)月

More winter misery for Western Europe.Snow, ice and bitter cold are delaying travellers's racing to get home before Christmas. Germany's Dortmund Airport has shut its doors, Dusseldorf Airport is back open but reporting cancellations. Amsterdam's Sch

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(十二)月

Researchers work out Santa Claus' salary 研究人员计算出圣诞老人的工资 People wonder what Santa does and how he does it for free. Researchers have an answer to these questions. An insurance company calculated a figure of $139,924 for San

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语科技新闻

There's a Santa's carrier. For Tom Scheib, today is one of those days he spends most of the year preparing for. Let's just put the harness out right here. This is his time to make any last-minute adjustments and see that his team is in good spirit an

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(167) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2007年

Is He Santa Claus, Saint Nicholas, Kris Kringle or Pelznickel? 他是圣诞老人、圣尼古拉斯、克里斯克林格还是佩尔兹尼克尔? Now, the VOA Special English program Words and Their Stories. Santa Claus is someone who will remain in

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

The Chinese Year of the Rat begins on February 7th 2008, (the last rat year was 12 years ago, in 1996). Bertie is celebrating the new year with a special story. Rats are not exactly the most lovable creatures on earth, and when one was found in the p

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 Children’s Stories-儿童故事集

Merry Christmas! OpenLanguage祝大家圣诞快乐!不过在美国,这几年流行的圣诞祝福是 happy holidays!' 不就一个圣诞吗?为什么是'holidayS'? 而且有很多美国人不过圣诞节!也有一些美国人专到中餐馆过圣

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

【原文】 Christmas celebrates the birth of Christ, the Nativity of the babe in the manger whom Christians believe was the Son of God. Indeed, the very word Christmas means Christ festival. Yet there can be little doubt that for many it is Santa C

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

Betty was excited. It was December 1. Christmas Day was only 24 days away. She was looking at a magazine. It was a magazine for little girls. There were many pictures in the magazine. There were many pictures of dolls. The dolls were from many countr

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第1级听力-English Level 1

These high-end mixers are a lot of money. 这些高端搅拌器真贵 I thought if we came to a big department store, 我以为如果来家大商店 there'd be a lot of them, and the prices would be better. 不但种类齐全,价格也会合理 We

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 打工姐妹花第一季

I hope I didn't ruin Christmas for all those sweet children. 希望我没有毁掉那些小朋友的圣诞节 No, you didn't. 不,你没有 All they saw was a crotchless elf freaking out. 他们看见的不过是个穿开裆裤的抓狂精灵 But M

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 打工姐妹花第一季

These tights suck. 这紧身衣太恶心了 Hi. Hi, elf. 你好呀,小精灵 I just got assigned to the front of the line with you. 我刚被分配来前线陪你 Oh, crap. 我靠 It's me, Mary. Mary Christmas. 是我呀,玛丽。圣诞玛丽 You

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 打工姐妹花第一季

Mariah Carey2010圣诞新单曲 缤纷可爱MV Santa's gonna come and make him mine this Christmas Santa's gonna come and make him mine, mine Oh Santa Santa's gonna come and make him mine this Christmas Santa's gonna come and make him mine, mine Oh S

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲

Christmas loves a franchiseor any already beloved thing.It can dress up in tinsel and wrap itself around like mistletoe. And then, every year, there are the Christmas specials for almost every sitcom and cartoon, which nod in sincerity (or in irony)

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

OK. Growing up in America, in the United States, as a young child, we have three special people, mythical people, we believe in and we really like because they give us gifts or money. The first special person is the tooth fairy, and the tooth fairy g

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Today I am going to talk to you about Santa Claus. Santa Claus, or Father Christmas, is a jolly man with a red suit and a white beard. He brings children presents in the night before Christmas Day. He arrives on a sleigh pulled by reindeer. Normally,

发表于:2019-03-01 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 听播客学英语

清新女声Colbie Caillat圣诞新单《Christmas In The Sand》 清新女声Colbie Caillat圣诞歌曲《Christmas In The Sand》首播,歌曲另立新意定义圣诞节,把本应该白雪皑皑的圣诞节搬到了沙滩上与阳光明媚的美女

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲