1. It looks like Newt Gingrich won't be able to mount a write-in campaign for the Republican primary in Virginia after all. The Gingrich campaign had said that would be the path it would take, after state party officials said he failed to submit the

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2011(十二月)

A: I want to go to the beach tonight. B: That sounds like fun. Which one are you thinking about? A: I was thinking Malibu, unless there is another beach you want to go to. B: How about Santa Monica? A: I don't really like that beach, as the water see

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 社交英语

Baldy woods reached for a drink and got it. When Baldy wanted something, he usually got it. He but this is not Baldys story. Now he took his third drink, which was larger than the first and the second. Baldy had been listening to the troubles of a fr

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(八)月

人物: Narrator: Its Christmas time. B is rehearsing Christmas songs in the yard for his School Chorus. A---在睡觉, B---在窗外唱歌.他后来引来众人. 场景: A在屋里.(摆张桌子,和椅子,趴在桌子上睡)B: (clear his throat, sta

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 英文剧本

La la la la ... I'm wishing on a star 对着星星许下愿望 And trying to believe 并且尝试着去相信 That even though it's far 即使一切是多么遥远 He'll find me Christmas Eve 他会在平安夜来寻找我 I guess that Santa's busy 我

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

影片《极地特快》中,当寻找圣诞老人的火车驶入北极圈,相信圣诞老人存在的小男孩和多才多艺的小女孩站在极地特快车厢的尽头,合唱了这首忧伤的When Christmas comes to town(《当圣诞来到小

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

Jason and his parents spend Christmas in Iceland a wonderful country where ice and snow are guaranteed, and there are volcanoes too. But Jason is not happy. Hes heard that Santa doesnt visit Iceland and what use is Christmas without Santa? And its tr

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 Children’s Stories-儿童故事集

LA brush fire closes Getty Museum Hundreds of people have been evacuated (被撤退) from the world-famous Getty art museum in Los Angeles as a brush fire rages in nearby mountains, officials say. The fire broke out around 1300 local time (2000 GMT)

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Jingle bell. Bad me smell. I just crap my pant. Oh, wait. Im not wearing pant. 叮叮当,我好臭,我刚拉屎在我裤子上。噢,等等,我没穿裤子啊。 Merry Christmas. 圣诞快乐 Who are you? Well, Santa Claus. 你是谁?我是圣

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(162) / 评论(0) 分类 英语万花筒

I was in a coffee shop reading the want-ads when I saw, Macy's Herald Square, the largest store in the world, has big opportunities for outgoing, fun-loving people of all shapes and sizes. Working as an elf in Macy's SantaLand means being at the cent

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

From the CNN Center in Atlanta, I'm Nicole Lapin. Here are some headlines NOW IN THE NEWS. We have some breaking news to tell you about Angelo, Texas right now. An appeals court has just ruled that the state did not have the right to seize children

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(五)月

AMERICAN MOSAIC - Millions of Americans Turn Fantasy Sports Leagues Into a Real IndustryBy Brianna Blake, Lawan Davis and Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: Friday, December 08, 2006 HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(156) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(十二)月

THE MAKING OF A NATION #64 - Andrew Jackson, Part 8 By Frank Beardsley Broadcast: Thursday, May 27, 2004 VOICE ONE: THE MAKING OF A NATION -- a program in Special English about the history of the Unit

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 The Making of a Nation

THE MAKING OF A NATION #74 - James Polk, Part 2 By Frank Beardsley Broadcast: Thursday, August 05, 2004 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: THE MAKING OF A NATION -- a program in Special English by the Voice of Americ

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 The Making of a Nation

What if Santa was a woman - could she do the job? That's the question an advertising agency posed. 假如圣诞老人是个女的,她能胜任这个工作吗?近日,一家广告公司抛出了这个问题。 The answer, according to the four to

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Lesson 12 Holiday 第十二课 节日 December 24 12月24日 Merry Christmas! 圣诞快乐! Read it! 读读看! Christmas is coming! 圣诞节就要来了! Susie finished a report on Santa Claus. 苏希完成了一篇关于圣诞老公公的报导

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 大家说英语

December 10 12月10日 Read it! 读读看! Rob isn't having any luck finding a gift. 罗柏找礼物找得很不顺利, He is still shopping. 他还在逛。 Taylor already bought her Secret Santa gift. 泰乐已经买好她的神秘圣诞老公公

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 大家说英语

文本: All: Hey, Joey. Hey, buddy. Monica: So, how'd it go? Joey: Ahhhhhh, I didn't get the job. Ross: How could you not get it? You were Santa last year. Joey: I dunno. Some fat guy's sleeping with the store manager.He's not even jolly, it's all

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

文本: Mitchell: Are you kidding me with this line? I'm gonna ask Santa for the last 45 minutes of my life back. Cameron: Oh, would you cheer up? We're in Santa's village with our daughter. Where were we a year ago? Mitchell: Uh, we were at the be

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(176) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

LOS ANGELES In many western cultures, Santa Claus is traditionally depicted as Caucasian man with a white beard in a red suit. But around the United States, this symbol of Christmas comes in many colors. In one Los Angeles shopping mall non-tradition

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻