剧码: Office Talk Elaine在柜台遇到外国客户 Elaine: Can I help you? Client: I'm looking for someone who works here, but I lost his business card. His name's Jong or Jang or something like that. Elaine: Chang? Client: Yeah, that sounds rig

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

Unit 17 A Businessman,A Priest or A Drunk 第17单元 商人、牧师或酒鬼 An older couple had a son, who was still living at home. The parents were a little warried, as the son was still unable to decide about his future carrer, so they decided

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

My sister-in-law called me the other day and asked me if two of my children would be interested in taking part in a commercial. I think so, I replied. I thought that it would be an exciting, new experience for them. One girl and one boy were needed.

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

It was a chilly spring night. He was staying at a hotel. He was a runner. He had been running for 20 years. It was good for his health. He was 38 years old. He had two young sons. They often went running with him. But they were at home. He put on his

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

Snow Partol(雪警乐队,有的翻译成雪巡乐队)来自北爱尔兰,《Run》选自自专辑《Final Straw》,其歌词非常感人:我强忍了眼泪,当我们道别时,我哭了,勇敢吧,我亲爱的,我们注定会害怕。竞学网英文歌曲频道推荐。 Snow Patrol(雪警乐队)的灵魂人物Gary Lightbody

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

By David Byrd Washington 08 August 2007 San Francisco Giants slugger Barry Bonds has passed Hank Aaron for the Major League Baseball career home run record. But the achievement is under a cloud because of allegations of steroid use. As VOA's David By

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(八月)

By Steve Herman Thimpu, Bhutan 22 May 2007 There is anxiety in the Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan, where gross national happiness is the metric of success. Changes are occurring swiftly since King Jigme Singye Wangchuck suddenly retired last year, handi

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(五月)

Former Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is vowing to participate in her country's upcoming national elections. In an interview with the Voice of America in Washington, Ms. Hasina vowed to run despite a ruling by Bangladesh's Supreme Court den

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(十一月)

Growing Number of Runners Opt to Run in Bare Feet Michele Musacchio runs without shoes whenever she can. She started running in her bare feet nine months ago because she was looking for a way to exercise without joint pain. My hips had been hurting,

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(五月)

Greek Cabinet Sworn in Amid Bank Run Fears Greece's new caretaker cabinet took office Thursday. Senior judge Panagiotis Pikrammenos, shown here in the center, will head an emergency government of professors, technocrats and politicians through a turb

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(五月)

Bombings, Intimidation Mar Run-up to Pakistan Elections Militants are hitting early election rallies hard in Pakistan. The victims of one blast: supporters of the secular Awami National Party. The Taliban has threatened the largely secular parties of

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(四月)

DAVID GREENE, HOST: Going to turn now to Kenya, where it is election day, and already, we are seeing a lot of violence. At least two people are dead, and dozens have been injured. Four counties have now delayed voting until Saturday. Now, there were

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: He's well into his 70s, but Joe Biden doesn't seem to have lost much of his energy. The former vice president has not discouraged talk of a run for president. RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: He's promoting a book called Promise Me, Dad: A Y

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

'Incorporated' Imagines Dystopian Future Where Corporations Run The World play pause stop mute unmute max volume 00:0003:43repeat repeat off Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update y

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

New Documentary Paints A Picture Of The Contemporary Art Market Run Amok MICHEL MARTIN, HOST: Even if you don't follow the art scene, you might've heard of a wild scene at a London auction a few weeks ago. The anonymous street artist Banksy was selli

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

By Ernest Leong Washington, DC 08 June 2006 watch Bonds Controversy report Experts refer to baseball as a game of numbers. Recently, Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling won his 200th game and Derek Jeter of the New York Yankees collected his 2,000

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(六月)

By Nancy-Amelia Collins Dili, East Timor 07 May 2007 A representative from the U.N. mission in East Timor said everything is nearly ready for Wednesday's presidential election run-off. VOA's Nancy-Amelia Collins reports from East Timor's capital, Dil

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(五月)

By Michael Gutkin and Alona Cherkassky Washington, DC 08 September 2006 watch Russian Candidates report Brooklyn, in the eastern U.S. state of New York is home to the largest Russian speaking community in the United States. Soon, this vibrant neighb

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(九月)

By Peta Thornycroft Harare 10 June 2008 Zimbabwe opposition leader Morgan Tsvangirai says the country is being run by the military and police. He also says talk of a unity government is premature. Peta Thornycroft reports for VOA from Harare Tsvangi

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(六月)

Flora: What happened to my car?! Saul: I saw it happen. A car came around the corner and hit the back of your car. Flora: Didnt the driver stop? Saul: No, it was hit-and-run . The driver just took off . He was driving like a bat out of hell . It look

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客