Now for more on rescue efforts in the quake-hit areas in Sichuan, we are joined live on the line by Chen Hong, Deputy Director of the Department of Earthquake Disaster Emergency Management of China Earthquake Administration. 1 What's the main focus o

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

Tell you about a nursing mom turn to facebook to support after she claims employees at Houston area Target store embarrassed her when she was breast feeding in public. So she invited other nursing mothers to join it today as a show support for breast

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2012年(一)月

Trump Calls for a 'New American Moment' in Speech President Donald Trump sought to unite a deeply divided nation with his call for a new American moment during his State of the Union address Tuesday night. Trump declared that there has never been a b

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(二)月

鲍威尔请求国际社会协助搜捕恐怖袭击嫌疑人 Powell Calls for International Manhunt Scott Stearns Washington 12 Sep 2001 Secretary of State Colin Powell is asking the international com

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(228) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2001-国际风云(5)

So I finished. And I kind of went overboard on the week after the project was over. 我于是停止了这些健康计划。健康计划中止后的一周,我让自己稍微放纵了一下, I went to the dark side, and I just indulged myself. It w

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

I grew up on a steady diet of science fiction. In high school I took a bus to school an hour each way every day. And I was always absorbed in a book, science fiction book, which took my mind to other worlds, and satisfied, in a narrative form, this i

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

核心句型: It brought down the house. (演讲)赢得了满堂喝彩。 bring down the house直译过来就是:击垮一座房子,这个短语的正确意思是:获得满堂掌声,博得满堂喝彩。因此,当美国人说It brough

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松日记商务职场篇

Pathogens with added genes from Arctic bacteria could serve as vaccines that elicit an immune response before getting cooked in our warm bodies. Some bacteria have adapted to super cold environments for millions of years. And scientists have isolated

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

第一套题: ISSUE: College students should be encouraged to pursue subjects that interest them rather than the courses that seem most likely to lead to jobs. Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE英语

Spearheading the Fight against HIV/AIDS A top official at UNAIDS says in the early days of the epidemic leaders emerged not from the highest levels of government, but from the grassroots level where the disease had struck the hardest. Paul De Lay spo

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(七月)

The mythical island nation of Carana, off the east coast of Africa, is in a state of near-collapse, and African Union rapid deployment forces are battling to save it. That is the scenario being played out this week in a crisis-response exercise invol

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十)月

U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has wrapped up her Africa trip in Cape Verde with talks that included how best to respond to this month's constitutional referendum in Niger. Niger's president is changing the constitution to extend his time i

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(八月)

A service contract 服务合同 A: Do you have a copy of our service contract with Telecoms? I'm not happy with their response time and I'd like to check the terms and conditions of the contract. A:你有我们与电信的服务合同吗?我对他们

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 职业技术英语口语

Using Polite Language in Office Business 使用礼貌用语开展业务 陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,他看见美国同事Amy正跟办公室另外几个人一起出去。 (Office ambience) CH:Amy, Are you guys going to lunch? A:Yes.

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

AILSA CHANG, HOST: Planning for natural disasters involves dealing with a lot of uncertainty, but advances in artificial intelligence may allow computers to take some of the guesswork out of the planning process. NPR's science correspondent Joe Palca

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

Topics: Ask an American Firefighter inmates; catastrophe versus calamity versus disaster; cant hardly wait versus can hardly wait; so that Words: adrenaline rush to fight fires rocky terrain sandy terrain anywhere between gear flood search-and-rescue

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

We're all familiar with the feeling that the emails we sent must have been sucked into some black hole because we never received a response. Sure, it's possible that your email went straight to spam, but the more likely scenario is either the recipie

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 求职英语

5. Manager, my salary isn't enough to support me and my family. 经理,我的工资都不够养活我和我的家人。 还能这样说: Manager, I don't think my salary is enough to support me and my family. Manager, I think my salary is too low

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

The United States has launched a major civilian and military response to the massive earthquake in Haiti, which has flattened buildings in much of the capital, and left a devastating toll of death and destruction. We have details of the American resc

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: This is because the neurons responsible for the movement instruction were still being used and strengthened, resulting in increased strength when the muscles actually contracted. 这是因为负责

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文