barricade cater energetic champagne scoff embrace flee presume headlong specialize by-product press spy balcony fabulous momentum response squad nasty mechanics end barley destine curly

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 用Mp3背六级单词

Report Urges Accelerated AIDS Fight 报告敦促加速对抗艾滋病毒 A new report warned if treatment and prevention methods for HIV/AIDS are not expanded now, the epidemic could rebound within five years. UNAIDS and the Lancet Commission said wh

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(六月)

1. Officials in Canada (are) mourning the death of a solider killed Wednesday in the shooting rampage in Ottawa, in and around the country's parliament building. Members of parliament honored the country's sergeant-at-arms credited with fatally shoot

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2014(十)月

unit02_newwords_b |@|1competition |n.|[U] the activities of competing |竞争 || ||There has always been intense competition between companies for bigger market shares. |公司之间一直进行着激烈的竞争,以获得更大的市场份额。 |

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语读写教程词汇 第一册

代为传话我可以替您留言吗? A: Thank you for waiting. I'm sorry. There's no one answering the phone in room 1007. May I take a message? 让您久等了。很抱歉,1007号房内没有人接听,我可以替您留言吗? B: Yeah, could

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 酒店英语口语就该这么说

在西非抗击埃博拉的美国军人将撤回 President Barack Obama, noting the decline in the number of new Ebola cases in West Africa, said Wednesday that nearly all of the remaining 1,300 American troops currently fighting the outbreak in the

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2015年2月

President Bush says the federal government has learned lessons from the mixed response to last year's killer hurricane along America's Gulf Coast. 布什总统表示,联邦政府已经从去年横扫美国墨西哥湾沿岸的卡特里娜飓风中得

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 Bilingual News

Individuals' Blood Glucose Levels after Meals May Be Predictable预测血糖 High blood sugar levels are a risk factor for type 2 diabetes. Doctors today have only general dietary recommendations for how to control those levels, because theres no rea

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年Scientific American(四)月

Why Shrews Twitter Small mouse like mammals, shrews are not actually rodents or even closely related. Shrews are noisy little creatures constantly twittering and squeaking as they scramble through their habitat. But why? All that noise could surely a

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

Pre-Listening Vocabulary tear up: to cry a little bit; to become weepy insincere: fake; not truthful shed: to drop or remove something, such as a layer of skin or a tear remorseful: full of guilt sympathy: a feeling of sadness for another persons los

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 趣谈英语

Internet Watchdogs Struggle to Keep Pace with Online Criminals 互联网监察系统制止网络犯罪,保障网络安全 It is mid-morning at the Internet Storm Center, an emergency response team s

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(下)--文化教育动态

A: Have the owners answered back with a counter-offer for my offer to purchase the house? B: In response to your offer, the sellers have decided to counter-offer three hundred and thirty-five thousand dollars. A: That sounds pretty good to me, but I

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买房

The number of smartphone users in China has exceeded 300 million. However, Chinese smartphone users face increasing threats from malicious applications, with the rising number of applications designed to hack the phones' operating systems. Based on s

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

Municipal authorities in Beijing announced plans to upgrade from orange to red on Monday night, marking the first-ever time a red-alert has been issued for Beijing since the 4-tiered color-coded system for smog was instituted 3-years ago. The red-ale

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

Officials say they expect to complete an investigation in four to six weeks that will lead to charges being filed against American David Coleman Headley. Steve Herman | New Delhi 10 December 2009 In this courtroom drawing David Coleman Headley, left,

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

When one family fights with another, it's a feud. 当一个家族与另一个家族展开斗争时,就成了一个世代的恩怨。 When lots of families fight with one another in identical little towns up and down in the same mountain range, it's

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 异类:不一样的成功启示录

(8)通知 (Noun) Advice; Notice; Information; Notification; Communication; A report; News; Intelligence; Message. (Verb)(通知,告知) To communicate (a fact) to; To report (a fact) to...on; To

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

今天我们要学的词是far cry。 A far cry from something, 意思是跟某件事情相差甚远。 The actor played a womanizer in the movie, a far cry from his real life character, 这个演员在电影里扮演一个花花公子,跟他在现实

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

I'velearnedtocondition myself so thatfrustration creates excitement, you knowwhy?Cause if I'mfrustrated, IknowI'maboutto have abreakthrough. If I getconfusedaboutsomething, myresponseto that is, hey,I'mabouttolearn something. Cause mybrainissearching

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 瞬间秒杀听力

The White House has expressed concerns that the debt crisis confronting Puerto Rico could hamper its ability to deal with the spread of the Zika virus. The US says the financial turmoil in Puerto Rico is having a negative impact on its public health

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年